• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Thread

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't get this bit. Were some vultures driving muscle cars?

Hahaha... no, they were just beasts. It was pretty gross looking. One of them was just carrying the elephant trunk in his talons, while a 4-5 carried the head. :sick:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
OH cool.. I just had a very odd dream

The 2nd time I dreamed about a member of this forum.

The 1st time made sense because I sometimes PM with this member.

However this time the interaction is very minimal. from my standpoint I admire this member, even if she pisses me off from time to time. I don't know, it's kinda like, what I like about her is also what I dislike about her, know what I mean? I just kind of keep my distance as a result.

Anyway I kind of figured she has been going through something lately and made a comment about it in the "tell another member" thread.
She repped me about it.. so I went to bed kind of impressed by her knowing so quickly I was talking about her. I had also recently gone grocery shopping and went to bed after looking at the food . but deciding not to eat before going to sleep.

So anyway.. I dreamed she came over to my place. with about 6 older goth looking guys .. you know the long Black hair, the long leather trench coats , dark sunglasses, but they were all around late 30's early 40's , and just kinda crashed the place. not in a bad way , Like I was OK with them and they seemed pretty cool , even if they came uninvited. So things just went on. but then it seemed like things started to get of control .. and their numbers seemed to have grown. She remained the only female, but the amount of older goth guys grew a little.. Then I started to notice all the groceries I had bought had been ravaged.. not just consumed.. but the packaging torn about and left all over. and most of all, a bunch of my weed had been smoked and it was all over the place as well, I was finding buds every where.:shock:

I started to get a little pissed off..But then this member called me over to talk with her. This seemed to clam me ( the idea of the talk).. but then the dream ended or I don't remember anything else.

WTF?????? :huh:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was in a massive space station that had a school inside it, along with residential housing for people in the school to live in. At first I was in the command room, and then the Daleks appeared inside the command room, and my dad decided to be the one to destroy the Daleks while I rescued the people inside the space station. Knowing how Daleks get, they like to exterminate everything in their path, and not knowing if they would decide to make the whole space station explode, I decided to run off and tell everyone in the space station to get to the lower hull where the escape pods were.

The majority of the dream consisted of scouring every part of the school and the residential quarters telling people to evacuate. Some people were being very slow in evacuating, and it frustrated me. There were a lot of stairs to climb up and down. I got to one hallway by a stairwell, and it was dimly lit, but there was a window that I could see out of, and I could see out in the distance and below me a sea of stars. I fled to the school part of the space station to let faculty know about that they would have to evacuate. I go into a teacher prep room, and I look outside the window, and it appeared like there were trees and sky outside, but then I looked down, and below that was just a sea of black space and stars. I explained to the teachers sitting in the prep room that they would have to evacuate because of the Daleks, and they just stared at me blank in the face and didn't take action. So I ran out of the room and got as many people to the lower hull of the space station.

Then I woke up.

I think this dream means I've been watching too many Doctor Who episodes. :laugh:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a dream...

...New Year's Eve celebration. A man kissing a woman at midnight would insure he had good luck for the year. I made my way to my partner to give him his kiss but my distant cousin hops off the fence I was walking by. I diplomatically put my cheek out for him to kiss--he turns my head to kiss me on the mouth claiming the luck for himself.

I don't get it. :huh:

Well, I kinda do--we had a "fling" a really long time ago and we're still kind of close even now.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have this recurring dream where this man breaks into my house and tries to kill all of my family members. Before he can do so, however, I always finish him off first with a gigantic kitchen knife. One stab from the back usually does the job.

I wonder why I keep having these dreams... they freak me out. I wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and all.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My dreams are scary, because they're so real. I have a lot of trouble separating them from my own reality. I'll either live the next day entirely with realistic things happening (obscure, but realistic) and most of the time they'll be better than reality, or I dream of the day before and what could've happened.

I used to have very strange dreams before, but I think depression glues me down to reality unconsciously.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try this for entertaining...

Before the dream I have two brothers, to half sisters, bio parents are divorced and mom is re-married. My youngest brother is in special ed for tantrums.

The dream starts with mom and dad getting on a bus. Next few stops myself and my brothers get on the bus. Dad then gets off the bus and the next stop step dad gets on the bus. My sisters then get on the bus, but after that my mother and sisters get off the bus. The bus is supposed to make it for a ferry, but misses it by minutes. The bus driver tries to jump the bus onto the ferry and we all end up in the lake. Myself and my brothers get out while the driver and step dad drown in the bus. My brothers make for shore while I get on the ferry.

After the dream, mom and step dad separate. Younger brother goes to jail while the youngest stays with me and our sisters at step dad's place. I graduate from high school and go to college, younger brother gets out and finishes school bouncing around the countryside. Youngest brother ends up in trouble with step dad and moves in with grandma. Mom leaves for university and younger brother moves in with her. I finish college and end up back home, later I move in with mom and brother in a second escape attempt. End up back home again, mom and brother bounce round the countryside more, I get my own place. Step dad dies in a car accident, the elder of my sisters tries to live with mom but fails, I make my third escape attempt (so far successful). Youngest sister attempts to live with mom, younger brother moves in with me. Youngest sister goes back home, youngest brother moves in with me.

A little out of order, but strangely creepy when I think back on it.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Last night, I dreamed that one the first day at a new university, I became the adoptive parent of my old neighbor's seven children.
They were somewhat unnatural -- their skin pallid and greyish, with large eyes and stringy dark hair. However, they were sweet and intelligent. I felt so proud to care fore them.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I used to be able to remember all of my dreams until very recently. They only leave me confused lately. However, I remember I dreamt last night that I graduated and that I didn't care. That's when I remembered again that I just had my final exams just anderhalf/three weeks ago. Totally forgot about them! :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I had a weird dream last night...

I was at this hotel because I was with my (former) orchestra on a trip. We were supposed to get up early to leave but nobody woke me up, so I was stuck there without the bus. Then I tried to pack up my things so I could leave somehow but no matter how much of my things I put into the bag, where they ended up kept changing, and I kept bringing down bags to have them disappear, and I kept getting different bags which had my stuff in it but the bags weren't mine. Someone called me and said they were coming to pick me up, and when they got there I still couldn't find all my stuff, and she was yelling at me to hurry up...

sculpting

I just had a dream where I was underground, resting, buried, curled up in a ball with earth packed all around me. I was content.

But buried a few feet under me was someone who hates me and they kept reaching up and grabbing me. They were trying to get up to the surface.

I knew they could get there if I reached down and helped them climb past me but instead they wanted to go literally through my body, tearing it into pieces and emerge on the other side having destroyed me, yet grown themselves.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Lately, I've had mostly dreams that dealt with mirrors, sunlight, and moving into different bedrooms.

In my mirror dreams, I dreamt that I looked into the mirror expecting to see myself, but I saw someone else- a male figure waving back at me, talking to me (sorta like Pee-Wee Herman style). We were both laughing, and he said, something about years.. It was so weird, but kinda trippy/cool.

In my dreams about sunlight- I dreamt about a ferris wheel moving slowly (like the circle of life) and then the sunlight hitting my eyes, and the wheel spinning with people.. It felt happy, joyous, mysterious like heaven.. in a slow moving snap shot, capturing all these emotions..

Dreams about various bedrooms, I'm replacing my old bed, moving it in different spots, finding bigger rooms, and once in a while, someone I used to know visiting it, and we share discussions seeing how their life is like.

I love dreams where I'm flying over water. I wish I can dream about the universe, flying out to the black hole, to the galexies, and then returning home to earth to watch over my loved ones, and listening to their thoughts.. chiming in.. that'd be so neat..

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Recently, my dreams have focused on ex friends, exes, and my usual zombie themes.

Regarding ex friends:
My dreams tend to acknowledge that there is an issue and an uneasy feeling, but places us in scenarios where we are civil and reconciling. I would say this is my mind's attempt at piecing back together parts of itself where there is a void.

Regarding exes:
There have been a lot of dreams where exes are being affectionate with me. It feels like my subconscious is reacting to having feelings to someone again and trying to hang onto what it's known before as a buffer.

Regarding usual zombie dreams:
I used to have these at least 15 times a month, but they dropped off for a while. I would say they are my comfortable dreams, my default. They've likely started up again as i'm more at ease with things in my life.

...The only thing i can't quite analyze is why i have zombie dreams. I absolutely adore them, but can't even begin to find significance beyond that :laugh:

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Had a scary dream last night,
I was in a stucture fire and I was doing a seach, I was all alone for some reason. as I was crawling I fell through the floor and got pinned under the debris. I went to reach for my radio to call in the mayday, but I couldnt find it. So I then went to turn my pass device on (its a alarm that is attached to the air tanks and will go off so that way some one can hear it and find me) but it wasnt there. right when I realized that, my boyfriend woke me up.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I had a dream last night. I was at home and my house was a university and it was also full of artworks, things that I made myself. Then all of the sudden I heard a window break. The sound came from my mother's room, so I quickly went to that room. A child with a misformed was standing in this room, singing "la la la la la la la" and he wanted to kill me. He jumped on me and then I strangled him. Once the child died, it disappeared. Then I went to a class about "Blue green rights" and when that class was over I had a talk with other students. After that I went to a class about "Purple philosophy". Then I heard glass breaking again, and this sound came from my dad's room. I ran to that room and this time a little girl with a misformed head stood in the room. She was singing "la la la la la la la" and she came to kill me. She attacked me with a knife, but then I beated her to dead. Once she died, her body disappeared. Then I heared noise coming from the bathroom. It was a little boy with a misformed head who was singing "la la la la la" and he wanted to kill me. He wanted to beat me to death with a hammer, but then I broke a mirror so I could stab him to death with a piece of that mirror. Once he died, his body disappeared. Then my mom came in with a woman who noticed the broken windows. Appearantly this woman had installed little machines that recorded all of the sounds in this house. She listened to the tape and I stood there nervously. The woman heard the children singing "la la la la la la la" but she didn't hear me. I started crying and told her about the three children who wanted to kill me. She told me itr was alright and I got away with the murder. Then I went to our garden, where they built a huge shore where they sold boats. I watched the boats and had a conversation with a few men who I vaguely knew. Then we had some hotdogs and discussed "Vermillion Psychology".

No, I hadn't watched any horror movies the day before and I don't know what this means. I think it's really disturbing. Can anyone tell me what it means?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last night I dreamed I lived in a large house and I was having a house party, so it was full of people. One of the guests was this blonde-haired activist/politician guy who I had a crush on. I was very attentive to him. He was sitting on the porch and whenever a bug got near him, I would brush it away. There was a lot of social drinking at the party and I had offered people to spend the night and he was one of the ones who spent the night, and I sat in a chair in the corner watching over him. I kept hoping he would wake up and invite me to snuggle up with him but he didn't.

In the morning, I made busy cleaning up the room he had been sleeping in, vaccuming and straightening, and I saw him outside, and this woman was saying to him how she had a crush on him and how much she wanted to thank him for everything he had done for society and for the clean air. (?) He was completely charmed by that and he responded to her warmly.

I'm thinking why do I always do the work and somebody else gets the reward, and why didn't I just tell him I had a crush on him and praise all the things he had done, instead of acting like his servant?

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Wow Kat, if I ever had a dream like that I'd probably be too scared to go back to sleep :cry:

I had a dream that I was in a church and in front of the pews stood a choir of angels and they all had grey wings. At other end of the church was a door and in the doorway stood a short old man with a long white beard carrying a wooden staff. He wanted to kill this centaur that was standing close to the doorway but inside the church. Instead of stopping the killing all the angels, save one, started to pray. The angel that jumped to the centaur's defense was a very young one (that looked like a little boy) who had just joined the ranks. He threw himself in between the old man and the centaur and then I woke up.

I think this may have been influenced by watching Constantine the night before >_>.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have been having a lot of nightmares lately - I don't know why. A few nights ago, I dreamed that I had killed someone, and I was trying to cover it up!! My main concern in the dream was not that I had committed murder, but that al my friends and family now hated me because of it. How screwed up is that!! As the dream went on, it turned out the person I had killed was this guy who used to be really mean to me when we were kids, and because of that people began to be a bit more sympathetic toward me.

Then, a couple of nights later, I dreamed that 1) My husband and I weren't married yet, and he didn't want to marry me and 2) (A separate dream) I had a baby and was COMPLETELY unprepared when we brought it home. We hadn't bought diapers, a crib, formula, anything.

The one about the baby I can kind of make sense of, because I am really getting the "baby urge" but I sort of don't feel like I'm ready for it. The one about my husband not wanting to marry me... well, I sometimes have insecurities about that, even though I know it's not true.

But the dream where I was a murderer? I have no idea what that's about!!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I dreamed that I was walking downtown. Then suddenly I walked by a house and I heared someone call my name. It was Kurt Cobain, shouting at me from a window. He told me dinner was almost ready. I went inside and he was standing in the kitchen. I noticed that his ass got kinda big, even bigger than mine (my ass is pretty big comared to those of other white girls my size)! His ass got so fat it didn't match with the rest of his body anymore and the worst thing was that he was wearing only an apron totally made out of sausage. I looked away because it looked so awful, Kurt Cobain didn't notice. I sat down at the kitchen table. Then Kurt Cobain's mother came in, because he was still living with her. She was fat and she wore these Dame Edna glasses. She started talking to me about all kinds of bullshit. Then Kurt Cobain gave me my dinner, which was two slices of luncheon meat. When his mother saw what big assed Kurt Cobain gave me, she shouted that he should put some clothes on. Kurt Cobain ran upstairs to put something on and I was delighted, but that didn't really matter because I ran away when his mother didn't watch me anyways. Then I went to this club and I saw Jim Morrison climbing up the wall and crawling on the ceiling. He was stoned, again. Probably drunk too. Maybe he even had some acid, because he thought he was a monkey. Anyways, one moment he fell down from the ceiling, because he lost from gravity. When Jim Morrison landed on the floor, he died. The crowd just stood and stared at dead Jim Morrison, but then some guy walked over to the dead body and pushed a reset button on Jim Morrison's back. Jim Morrison was alive again. I don't really know what this dream means.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay the dream I had this morning was weird and didnt make sense....

I was at a grocery store and the store was playing porn on multiple monitors, I was watching and eating donuts in the bakery section. I decided to get donuts for my family, then all of a sudden I have to solve some crime mystery, I try to question staff and customers.

The scene switches and Im with my best friend in my car, we take a short cut to get to my house but end up parking before we get there. We go to a gated city, the houses were beautiful and the land was lush. I decide that its the perfect spot for a photo shoot so I make my friends pose in front of the nice houses. We are walking through the town and I notice there are tennis courts everywhere. A gang of bums walk towards us and for some reason I start singing Dead Kennedy's songs towards them, the bums sang back.