• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To NOT offend people

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, I suppose in a general sense what's being described is more stereotypically Fe, as Fe is about taking the other person into account and adapting to that moreso than feeling the need to convey own viewpoint/self.

But on the other hand, Fi users who VALUE not offending others or VALUE being diplomatic and not ruffling feathers would be just the same. I know my INTJ boyfriend values being respectful to people and diplomacy...but this is probably different than worrying about offending. And it probably goes beyond him purely valuing it - he probably also doesn't think to be otherwise is to effectively navigate the world, accomplish things, and deal with people. And I think in many cases he would be bothered if he offended someone and hadn't intended to/it was a result of miscommunication - and he'd try to resolve that.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
people who worry about offending people are weak and afraid to voice their opinions and convictions. real adults do what they have to do and say what they need to say. trying to twist and polish the truth only leads to delay in progress and energy drain.

if someone else is offended by an honest opinion, it's there fault for being ignorant and not being willing to listen, communicate or, most importantly, THINK. people who are easily offended are such because being offended gives them an inflated sense of self importance, false superiority and a false sense of purpose. they are nothing but ignorant social leeches and ego maniacs who get in everyone's way and produce nothing but a cynical atmosphere and glorified pissing contests. over and out.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco2_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco3_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco4_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco5_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco6_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco7_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco8_250.gif

tumblr_lp28b5xHAG1qzcunco9_250.gif

Little_Sticks

I don't see a discernible distinction between deciding if someone is worrying about offending others or simply just wants to go with the flow or is not sure they care to have an opinion or really care to have to defend a position; sometimes it's just more pleasant this way.

That said, I think introverted perceivers (Ni,Si doms) and Fi and Ti doms prefer not to offend people. Although they will (speak up)/(act out) when something concerns them. I guess i just mentioned all the introverts. But extroverts don't seem to value peace as much.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see a discernible distinction between deciding if someone is worrying about offending others or simply just wants to go with the flow or is not sure they care to have an opinion or really care to have to defend a position; sometimes it's just more pleasant this way.

That said, I think introverted perceivers (Ni,Si doms) and Fi and Ti doms prefer not to offend people. Although they will (speak up)/(act out) when something concerns them. I guess i just mentioned all the introverts. But extroverts don't seem to value peace as much.

I value real peace. if there is an issue disturbing the peace, I prefer it be brought up and dealt with for the sake of real enjoyment, harmony and peace of mind :yes:

Little_Sticks

I value real peace. if there is an issue disturbing the peace, I prefer it be brought up and dealt with for the sake of real enjoyment, harmony and peace of mind :yes:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe I didn't use the right words. I'm not sure what the right words would be now. I'm thinking maybe it's easier to say a philosophical abstraction of not deliberately intending or wanting to induce direct change in the environment, instead of peace, but then there are other aspects of the philosophy of the types that doesn't make that fit nicely.

Oh well, nevermind.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What's wrong with not wanting to offend or upset people anyway? Some people are just easy-going. Some people just don't want to pick fights unnecessarily. But, yes, I think there's a distinction between choosing to be nice and being nice out of insecurity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's wrong with not wanting to offend or upset people anyway? Some people are just easy-going. Some people just don't want to pick fights unnecessarily. But, yes, I think there's a distinction between choosing to be nice and being nice out of insecurity.

I'm talking about people who are agreeable out of insecurity, unwillingness to face problems and spending all their energy thinking about how other people feel. people like this are weak

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I'm talking about people who are agreeable out of insecurity, unwillingness to face problems and spending all their energy thinking about how other people feel. people like this are weak

I can agree.
But, finally, those people who are agreeable out of insecurity have a most common type? For example IxxP or IxFx?
Or could only be social anxiety/shame not type-related?
What in your opinion?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe
Fi doesn't give a shit about if it offends people or not. usually it just doesn't and is easy to get along with
That's not really true. At least not for preferred Fi. Tertiary or inferior Fi might come off that way sometimes, because it's backing Te.

Fi is just an internal standard for personal or interpersonal considerations, and it's the "personal/interpersonal" part of it that would make it not want to offend. The internal part of it might be what goes against public consensus, but that would likely be for some greater interpersonal good.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an ENTP and I probably care more about not offending people overall than an ENFP friend I have.

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
As a Fi dom, I do care if people will take offense, but usually that's just a matter of choosing your words.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe-aux people. My INFJ ex was really annoying that way. Like another poster said, I had to force the answer out of him.

*in my car*
Me: "What're you hungry for?"
INFJ: "anything you want"
Me: "any preferences?"
INFJ: "Both are good, wherever you wanna go"
Me: "Sushi or Ethiopian, which one?"
INFJ: "Which do you pref--"
Me: "SUSHI. OR. ETHIOPIAN. WHICH. *ONE.*"
INFJ: "Which do you enj--"
Me: "Pick one. NOW. Or I'll kick you out my car and leave."
INFJ: "S-s-su-shi."
Me: "Sushi it is. was that hard?"

:angry:

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Fe
Fi doesn't give a shit about if it offends people or not. usually it just doesn't and is easy to get along with

Nooooooo!
Someone who's Fi dominant can be very worried about offending people or not. That's actually a problem for me... I'm always worried about causing trouble to people or offending them, and I'm INFP. I guess it depends on having confidence in oneself, or shyness, or some other stuff, not necessarily about the functions... I know shy ISFJs, ISFPs, INFPs and even an ISTJ...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Set him up with Elfboy.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Nooooooo!
Someone who's Fi dominant can be very worried about offending people or not. That's actually a problem for me... I'm always worried about causing trouble to people or offending them, and I'm INFP. I guess it depends on having confidence in oneself, or shyness, or some other stuff, not necessarily about the functions... I know shy ISFJs, ISFPs, INFPs and even an ISTJ...

I don't think he's implying that Fi's cannot be this way.. Merely that, based on the information, it is safe to assume he has Fe dominant somewhere in his mind.

To quote from my school's webpage (wikipedia): "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others."

The OP simply sounds textbook Fe is all.