• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alcoholics.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no more than 3 drinks on any given day...

You mean I can drink 3 drinks everyday? :laugh:

has this thread turned into a thread on SPs and thier unhealthy relationships with alcohol, or is anyone else going to chip in :unsure:

I was just talking about how all the alkies seem to be SP's..... :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You mean I can drink 3 drinks everyday? :laugh:

I asked that with a big smile in the class... I got a look of horror in reaction :rofl1: some people lack a sense of humor...

I was just talking about how all the alkies seem to be SP's..... :laugh:

or maybe just the honest ones :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh fuck you all, complain and when someone who's not an SP tries to chime ignore them fine! I'll go not get drunk because I'd probably die if I drank on these meds and I'm not suicidal. My dad's an alcoholic and I don't think he's an SP

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug:

just talking about those who are talking the most in the thread there... which is uncharacteristic for the average thread on the forum!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*pats the chickenz on the head*

it's ok... we still like you! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use to drink 3 drinks a day minimum sophmore year of college, too bad I had to stop. this thread makes me miss drinking. Damn you sps and your powers of getting other types drunk.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we're apparently even better at getting ourselves drunk :doh:

^ bad joke

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LoL, I am known for my "bad jokes" I suppose, irl..... but they have become such a part of me that I don't consider them jokes, just commentary.
Easy way to lighten the mood.
I consider them more silly than funny. I don't really consider myself to be funny.... silly, yes.:mexbanana:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
better to have a dreadful sense of humor than none at all :cheese:

*makes approximately 3,000 bad jokes a day... this is what conversation consists of*

:peepwall:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's only 2:45pm, and I've already consumed enough alcohol leave an adult rhinoceros incapacitated in the middle of the blistering sun of the Savannah. I thought about stopping today, but I can't help but keep running from that demon in the bottle. Before I completely settled in my drunken stupor for the day, I decided to make myself breakfast at least. Before I knew it, I'd completely blacked out and that fattening smell of overcooked Spam had seeped into every crevice within the home. Once I awoke and came to, I vomited some mixture of Gatorade and Peanut M&M's all over the kitchen floor, and then just left it there to slowly dissolve through the industrial grade floor tiling in my home. Anyways, I know I'm starting to ramble.

Shortnsweet, I thought about this thread earlier today while I was driving 75mph in the parking lot of a Daycare Center with children at play, all while listening to the Rage Against the Machine cover of "Fuck the Police" at the maximum volume my car's sound system could handle. I checked into it a little last night when using my fingers didn't feel like typing with chicken fries, but basically every rehabilitation program or AA meetup has a two drink minimum.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
just talking about those who are talking the most in the thread there... which is uncharacteristic for the average thread on the forum!

It is odd...and I wonder why that is too. Maybe just a coincidence because it's basically been three people so far and they've all happened to be SPs. I know when drinking in general is discussed it's definitely not just SPs who talk about how much they drink.

I've gone through periods in which I've drank pretty heavily, and showed a few of what are said to be warning signs: increase in tolerance, drinking more than other people around you, sneaking an extra drink or two, craving alcohol when I"m depressed or worried. I do drink alone sometimes, and I drink more than most "healthy guidelines" recommend. Not as much as I used to. I'm not sure if it's because I've lost weight and so can't tolerate the amount I used to, or if I just prefer a less strong effect now. I usually get pretty buzzed but not drunk, and I haven't had a hangover in years.

This is something I keep in mind though, because I had/have a problem with overeating to distract or numb myself, and according to experts it's much easier to "switch" an addictive behaviour for a different addictive behaviour than to drop it entirely. I've thought before that it's very possible I could get into the habit of using booze the same way I've been using food.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I occasionally feel like I'm completely destined to be addicted to something- I quit one thing and then become completely addicted to something else (caffeine! :holy:) Are there people out there who are NOT slaves to something?

maybe Freud was onto something with his oral fixation thing :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I occasionally feel like I'm completely destined to be addicted to something- I quit one thing and then become completely addicted to something else (caffeine! :holy:) Are there people out there who are NOT slaves to something?

maybe Freud was onto something with his oral fixation thing :doh:
I think everyone's addicted to something, I'm addicted to smoking cigs and coffee. I think it's rare for people not be hooked on something whether it's a psychological or physical addiction

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ick. I have an intense craving right now to just be drunk. Just take like 6 shots quickly and have that warm numbed happy feeling.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Is there stuff you are aware of that you are trying to actively numb out, or is it more a familiar comfortable feeling that you are after?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there stuff you are aware of that you are trying to actively numb out, or is it more a familiar comfortable feeling that you are after?

I don't think so, I don't know. It's just random. It's an impulse. Doesn't seem to have a trigger.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you see any pattern of when you tend to get cravings?

I've been trying to change how I eat. People around me wouldn't say I have a problem with food, but I also know that I'm not really in control of what I eat (not binging, but just I'll determine not to buy something and then find myself getting it anyway right when I've determined that I really need to make some changes). Sometimes I tend to buy treats when I'm alone because I'd prefer other people not to know and I have spent years trying to quit drinking Coke. I've weighed more than I want to for most of my adult life, and my weight has slowly crept up every year. I'm not aware of any particular triggers either, but I think there must be some emotional element to it or it wouldn't be that hard to overcome it. Part of it is that I don't think I want to say goodbye to stuff I enjoy, even if I realize that it's effects are negative. Food is also a very social thing. Your post along with something I read this week and something cascadeco said a long time ago though inspired me to actively try just putting off whatever craving I had and see if I still felt the same way two hours later. So far it's worked. I read a book saying that one family practiced saying no to something every day - they each got to decide what - and then they had the opportunity to report back to each other at supper. It really positively impacted everyone's level of productivity and discipline, finances etc. I don't know if I'd want to do that, but I have felt some sense of internal accomplishment by kind of playing that game with myself in my head.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably have tendencies towards alcoholism, so try to keep tabs on my drinking. My first few years of college I drank a lot, and built up quite a tolerance. At the time it was a coping mechanism, as well as my trying to fit in because I had never fit in growing up. I had fun, and it didn't change my personality/behavior notably (I was always a happy drunk, and remained cognizant of what was going on so I didn't really change behaviorally or do anything that wasn't 'me', and remained pretty quiet). But right before my junior year I had a weekend of excessiveness and realized I needed to snap out of it. I drank very little my junior year as a result, and worked on evaluating what was going on inside as to why I had drunk so much in previous years. I began enforcing a personal 'rule' that I wasn't going to let myself drink unless I was 100% comfortable with who I was with. (i.e. my own reasons for drinking a lot those first few years were wholly to do with easing social anxiety/discomfort.) That's pretty much how I've been since then. I'll have drinks in positive situations/with people I'm friends with.

I'll have a drink on my own occasionally, though, as I enjoy the taste of wine. It's pleasant.

So, yeah. Given all of that I have a feeling I have a disposition towards it... hence keep tabs on motivation.