• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alcoholics.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, Sweet, trances within trances are fascinating.

First we enter a trance. Then within that trance, we enter another trance, and then, within both trances we enter a third trance. And by then we are deeply entranced.

As we sink deeper and deeper into trances, strange things happen. At about the fourth level, we lose contact with reality, and the deepest trance becomes reality for us.

And at this level of trance, God reveals Himself to us. So we might say that the revelation in the Bible or the Koran or the Gita are vouchsafed to us at a deep level of trance.

Also we can say that Relativity was vouchsafed to Albert Einstein at the deepest level of trance. Just as we can say Quantum Mechanics was vouchsafed to Erwin Schrödinger at the deepest level of trance.

So we find both God and the natural world at the deepest level of trance.

Some say we find ourselves, but I will leave that to you to find out, my Sweet.

Despite my snarky previous remark, I took your comment very seriously and tried to enter that elusive trance, (using youtube and alcohol.)..... I taped my adventure, hoping to document any unusual experience. I didn't quite find God, but I came really really close.

[YOUTUBE="kwCGudPnQAw"]I found God! Almost... [/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't you hate it when you almost find god?

In other news Newcastle is one of the best beers ever.

Mole

Permabanned
Trance and Fact

Deep trance has given us the revelations of the Bible, the Koran and the Gita, as well as General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.

But we all sense there is a difference between Revelation and fact. And the difference is the scientific method.

The scientific method has not been applied to the trance of Revelation but it has been applied to the trance of Nature.

And we find there is a direct correlation between deep trance and nature. But whenever we apply the scientific method to Revelation, we find it wanting. There is no correlation between the trance of Revelation and reality. So Revelation requires the suspension of disbelief.

So deep trance allied with the scientific method gives us fact.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't you hate it when you almost find god?

In other news Newcastle is one of the best beers ever.

Great Lakes Brewing Company "Burning River". My latest beer of choice. Highly recommended. No recommendations on the god front however.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great Lakes Brewing Company "Burning River". My latest beer of choice. Highly recommended. No recommendations on the god front however.

Man, nobody cares about my brush with the spiritual world last night. I almost posted a video of what happens when I seriously think I see a spirit or ghost, it's not exactly the same. :laugh:

My wish for this thread is that it turns into a "what's the best beer?" thread, that would make the whole thing really funny.

I'm a long trail girl myself, that's my favorite.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Man, nobody cares about my brush with the spiritual world last night. I almost posted a video of what happens when I seriously think I see a spirit or ghost, it's not exactly the same. :laugh:

My wish for this thread is that it turns into a "what's the best beer?" thread, that would make the whole thing really funny.

I'm a long trail girl myself, that's my favorite.

Sorry for the highjack. Unfortunately my level of spirituality would be considered unusually under developed for a cherry stone clam.

Longtrail eh? Never tried it but I'll seek it out. Man... I love Vermont. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry for the highjack. Unfortunately my level of spirituality would be considered unusually under developed for a cherry stone clam.

Longtrail eh? Never tried it but I'll seek it out. Man... I love Vermont. :)

Yeah, double bag and IPA are my favorites, but there are a few more. I'd need to see a list to be able to pick out the best ones. They are a bit hoppy, as a rule, (and a warning.)

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, double bag and IPA are my favorites, but there are a few more. I'd need to see a list to be able to pick out the best ones. They are a bit hoppy, as a rule, (and a warning.)

Oh... I was looking at that IPA. I love hoppy beers - I have a taste for some of those west coast over the top IPAs (Stone, Green Flash). Now if they just wouldn't keep knocking me on my a$$ ...:shock:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh... I was looking at that IPA. I love hoppy beers - I have a taste for some of those west coast over the top IPAs (Stone, Green Flash). Now if they just wouldn't keep knocking me on my a$$ ...:shock:

It's crazy how different the beers are in different regions. I've never heard of those. We probably share Dogfishhead in common though. I like that one, too.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
It's crazy how different the beers are in different regions. I've never heard of those. We probably share Dogfishhead in common though. I like that one, too.

I'm fortunate that where I live there is a pretty decent selection of craft brews from all over the country. But the great thing about them is there are always new ones to be found.

I really like Dogfish - one of my "go to" brews. Great balance of flavor, weight and alcohol.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm fortunate that where I live there is a pretty decent selection of craft brews from all over the country. But the great thing about them is there are always new ones to be found.

I really like Dogfish - one of my "go to" brews. Great balance of flavor, weight and alcohol.

:hifive:

I see by your low post count that you are a person who is of few words, but chooses posts wisely. :laugh: Just like your beers.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
:hifive:

I see by your low post count that you are a person who is of few words, but chooses posts wisely. :laugh: Just like your beers.

Low post count = new here. I'll try and post wisely (no promises :alttongue:). I do choose my beers wisely - or at least snobishly ;) - I can't even drink the "majors" anymore.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drinking fun!

Me do more!

Mole

Permabanned
Beer and the Dalai Lama

Mystics have a lot in common. It doesn't matter whether you are a christian mystic, a buddhist mystic, a hindu mystic, an islamic mystic or a beer mystic. Each and every one seeks to put the cognitive mind to sleep so the creative mind can come out to play.

And let's be honest, we do become more playful the more beer we drink - we become as playful as the Dalai Lama.