• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

insurance company barring me from help

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
anyone else experience this. I'm schizoaffective with very high depression at the moment and i'm sick of being depressed all the time so I thought I'd go into this program everyone says it would do me good, but the insurance says i don't qualify even though i clearly do. they agreed to 3 half days, but thats not enough the skills i need are in the afternoon groups, but they want me their in the mornings. I'm so frustrated, yes the hospital put out an appeal. I feel like I'm finally able to ask for help, not so fucked up that i don't realize i need help, and i get shafted.because I know I'll probably end up suicidal again if I don't get help now.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How much would the program run you if it wasn't covered?

Can you talk to the program people.. see if you can get someone in there to fudge the way it reports to your insurance? (Unethical, I know)..

Are any other (covered) programs available?

Can they bill you or work out some kind of payment agreement?

Yes, I've had an insurance company try to not cover me on something they claimed was a "pre-existing condition". Check this out.. you don't have to have it diagnosed previously, it can be ANY condition that *might* have taken place prior to insurance coverage (at the time I had had mine for over a year!)

It is a sad system, to be sure.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
they don't want to pay, because they spent a ton on me in april so any program i try to get into will be met with,ooh jazz. sorrywould be met with i don't need it.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug: I don't really know the American system, so I can't help you much, but surely the program directors know leverage to get the insurance company to cough out. Or least system cheats....screw the ethics. If it's gonna help, it will save the insurance company in the long run. Is there even a appeals process?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah it's going through the appeal process now