• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am alpha..hear me roar. A theory of human male behavior...

xisnotx

Permabanned
I have a theory that all males can be classified into alpha, beta, and omega males. However, I think that humans have evolved enough to know which "role to play" in any given context. A naturally alpha male will leave his "alphaness" at home. At work, he will only display his "alphaness" at times it is appropriate. He will also display "betaness" and "omeganess" when it is needed. He does this because he knows it is to his advantage to play the role that will get him the most "resources" and he is smart enough to know that being alpha all the time will not get him the resources he needs.

However, I think every man has a natural tendency to tend towards one. A naturally "alpha" male will always have "alpha" tendencies, even if he is hiding them/unaware of what he is doing. It's his "default setting" if you will...

In addition, I think all men have a secondary role that they are willing to play, but aren't naturally good at. It's a learned role, it doesn't come naturally, but they can and will play the role adequately if called upon to do so. He can learn this role well enough to fool most people...

And finally, every man has the role that they absolutely cant stand playing. If called upon to do so, they will quickly find an excuse to not play it at all..or change their role entirely. If he is forced to play the role, he will play the role to the best of his abilities, but he will be limited in how successful he is in that role..and he himself knows this.

My theory is this..all human males have the ability to be alpha, beta and omega. They play these roles out subconsciously in order to get the resources they need. Humans have evolved enough to know that being alpha doesn't always get you where you want to be. The most successful of men aren't alphas, but men who realize what role they need to play in any given context.

I just had a thought..but I really should be studying so I'm just going to throw it out there...

Religion is a subconscious reflection of this. God (alpha)...followers (betas)..and the non believers (omegas). This pattern of three is everywhere by the way...

Thoughts?

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
In your theory, can all the men be equally successful when they realize what roles the world require from them in any given situation? Or maybe the ones whose shadow or 3rd role is the most wanted in the world will still be disadvantaged?

Very interesting theory by the way :).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So alpha = TJ, omega = TP, beta = F?

What is the value in this simplistic classification as opposed to MBTI? Is this the usual stupid excessive-testosterone-based idea you see floating everywhere, or is it your own theory with accidental use of the alpha/beta terms? Why does it only apply to male behaviour?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, in summary: Intelligence means knowing your place and when to step out of your comfort zone.

I'm assuming you left out females because the theory just assumes we already are geared towards this naturally? :coffee:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Life is more fluid than that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the whole human-wolf thing here. (Even if it's a bit shallow to be called a 'theory'. :p )

But I think you messed up the beta and omega explanations.

I think beta's are better classified as builders, not per se followers, although for obvious reasons, can fall into the follower category easily.. And omega's to be the party animals.

In the context of alpha/beta/omega I consider myself a beta, but I don't consider myself a follower by extension.

But then again, I'm more of a lone wolf type. And you have to be a beta to be a 'successful' lone wolf. :D

xisnotx

Permabanned
So alpha = TJ, omega = TP, beta = F?

What is the value in this simplistic classification as opposed to MBTI? Is this the usual stupid excessive-testosterone-based idea you see floating everywhere, or is it your own theory with accidental use of the alpha/beta terms? Why does it only apply to male behaviour?

Value? lol I'm not sure..it's just an interesting model with which to view the world. As is the mbti..just a model. What value does the mbti have? Whatever your answer for that is, the answer will be similar for this theory (or rather "idea"..theory makes it sound like I've given a lot of thought..)

Given the model..I would say that TJs are more likely to be Betas as a default setting, with Alpha and Omega probably as a more "drastic setting"..but I'm literally basing that off of four or so people and my knowledge of personality theory..

So, in summary: Intelligence means knowing your place and when to step out of your comfort zone.
Not intelligence. Success. Intelligence is an outdated concept anyway..imo

My theory doesn't include women because I don't think women think in terms of Beta/Alpha etc. Also, I don't understand women whatsoever, so as a rule, i generally don't included them in my "theories" because they seem to always mess it up. I consider women more or less devoid of logic at this point in my life...beautifully so. It keeps life interesting..lol

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..
[YOUTUBE="www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zb-XyXP4hk"][/YOUTUBE]
How the hell do you analyze that?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My theory doesn't include women because I don't think women think in terms of Beta/Alpha etc. Also, I don't understand women whatsoever, so as a rule, i generally don't included them in my "theories" because they seem to always mess it up. I consider women more or less devoid of logic at this point in my life...beautifully so. It keeps life interesting..lol

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zb-XyXP4hk"][/YOUTUBE]

How the hell do you analyze that?
Wow, yes, please don't get started on women. :shock:

I'm just going to hope you're young, then.

xisnotx

Permabanned
In your theory, can all the men be equally successful when they realize what roles the world require from them in any given situation? Or maybe the ones whose shadow or 3rd role is the most wanted in the world will still be disadvantaged?

Very interesting theory by the way :).

Hmm..interesting..I don't know. But I think it would have to be necessarily stratified..it's seems to me to be human nature to stratify everything. I would say that beta males with a tendency to alphaness are probably the most successful in western society. In Africa, I would argue that most "successful men" are omegas with a tendency towards alpha..or alphas with a tendency towards omeganess. What would you say?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Besides, wrapping your mind around a males way of thinking isn't too hard. Women on the other hand...yeah, PMS must be a bitch..because they have periods of pure insanity..but don't get me started on women..

*snort* Wow you have a lot to learn.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Wow, yes, please don't get started on women. :shock:

I'm just going to hope you're young, then.

I'm young, yes, but my point was I don't talk about women because I don't know what it's like to be a woman. Anything I have to say about women (ie they should institutionalized<- this is experience talking) is necessarily biased since I have never experienced what life is like from that point of view. And again, I'm talking in generalizations..so yeah..toes will be stepped on..

rav3n

I'm not surprised by the attitudes being suggested in this thread considering the cultural differences. Africa has one of the highest percentages of sexual assault per capita and South Africa has one of the highest statistics for pedophilia. It appears that power is vampired off individuals who are unable to fight back.

xisnotx

Permabanned
^ that is either a horrible joke, or a blow so below the belt that it might as well be a horrible joke. either..food for thought...

Jaguar

Anything I have to say about women (ie they should institutionalized<- this is experience talking) is necessarily biased since I have never experienced what life is like from that point of view.

You think women should be institutionalized? :huh:

rav3n

Fascinating how one can generalise about other groups but dislike generalisation about one's own group. Weird, dat!

xisnotx

Permabanned
Fascinating how one can generalise about other groups but dislike generalisation about one's own group. Weird, dat!

The intent behind the assumption is different. Do you not see how? Plus, you assume I'm African?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If you're trying to classify it, you're not understanding it.

xisnotx

Permabanned
You think women should be institutionalized? :huh:

I think they should be rounded up like cattle and put in camps where they will slowly be exterminated.. preferably by poisonous gas. I shall lead us in this holy mission to achieve a pure "sex". If the world catches on, I'll simply fake my death by ingesting cyanide and then proceed to move to Argentina where I'll live out my days socializing with the locals.

Short answer: No.