• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am alpha..hear me roar. A theory of human male behavior...

rav3n

The intent behind the assumption is different. Do you not see how?
And your expectation is that everyone can read your intentions? Did you know my intentions when I originally posted?

The condescension about women is brutally stupid and in return, deserves its own brutally stupid response.

Plus, you assume I'm African?

Half Kenyan. I understand Swahili and at one point in my life I was functionally fluent.

If not by residence, by ancestry.

xisnotx

Permabanned
^ lol, aren't we all African by ancestry?

You're only half right. Unless it's impossible to be half Kenyan and fully American at the same time? So, while you are only half right, I am "whole" right. I'm not sure where that puts you...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even though not original, your theory is good.
Religion is a subconscious reflection of this. God (alpha)...followers (betas)..and the non believers (omegas). This pattern of three is everywhere by the way...
This analogy made my day. :fullload:

rav3n

It puts me rolling my eyes and realising the time wasted in this thread! Ick and gone.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
^ lol, aren't we all African by ancestry?

You're only half right. Unless it's impossible to be half Kenyan and fully American at the same time? So, while you are only half right, I am "whole" right. I'm not sure where that puts you...

The White House. Duh.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm..interesting..I don't know. But I think it would have to be necessarily stratified..it's seems to me to be human nature to stratify everything. I would say that beta males with a tendency to alphaness are probably the most successful in western society. In Africa, I would argue that most "successful men" are omegas with a tendency towards alpha..or alphas with a tendency towards omeganess. What would you say?

I was looking for examples closer by in different work environments or aspects of life :).

That let me to consider what the duals would have in common.

Dual alpha/ beta: "The group has a certain hierarchy. Those at the top set the rules"
a) Alpha part: "I'm the dominant one/ at the top and I set the rules"
b) Beta part: "I follow the rules of those at the top"
Say successful corporation, army man.

Dual alpha/omega: "I need to follow my own rules"
a) Alpha part: "I follow them by imposing them on the group"
b) Omega part: "I follow them by disengaging myself from the group"
Hmm, maybe a rock star - concerts vs. creating period.

Dual beta/omega: "I need to keep harmony"
a) Beta part: "By following groups rules"
b) Omega part: "By disengaging myself from the group if i don't want to follow their rules"
I had troubles here but maybe a successful man - maybe a scientist using already existing knowledge and logical set of rules in a new creative way.

T

ThatGirl

Your theory is a chimpanzee theory, placing way too much emphasis on competitive nature.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1216148-medium.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm young, yes, but my point was I don't talk about women because I don't know what it's like to be a woman. Anything I have to say about women (ie they should institutionalized<- this is experience talking) is necessarily biased since I have never experienced what life is like from that point of view. And again, I'm talking in generalizations..so yeah..toes will be stepped on..

What the...I don't even...

Enjoy your life as a recluse or a homosexual.

Do you tend to want to either discard or lock up everything you don't understand?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's the definition of alpha? Are alpha males the ones that trigger erotic fatigue on females?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just want to point something out from a naturalistic perspective here. There are a mind boggling number of different species in the world, and it is difficult to conceive of what a small fraction of those lives by something that could be considered an alpha, beta, omega dynamic, so I don't see why one would just assume out of hand that it is applicable to human beings. You need more than that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's the definition of alpha? Are alpha males the ones that trigger erotic fatigue on females?

TG said once that true alphas don't always have to run around trying to prove it, which actually does correlate to the OPs ideas of alphas being able to role shift appropriately.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I do agree the basic leaders/followers/loners pattern generally holds... but only as a very simplistic baseline that usually ends up not meaning much once everything else in life is considered.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TG said once that true alphas don't always have to run around trying to prove it, which actually does correlate to the OPs ideas of alphas being able to role shift appropriately.

Yes, but she basically just made all of that up on the spot, so it doesn't really follow any established definition of the term.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, but she basically just made all of that up on the spot, so it doesn't really follow any established definition of the term.

Yes, but it's her theory based on her own observations. And there's nothing wrong with that. Apparently the OP thought so too.

Of course, once you have a hypothesis you have to support it with research - actual, hands-on research.

So get busy in the lab, Professor Killjoy. Do your job.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but it's her theory based on her own observations. And there's nothing wrong with that. Apparently the OP thought so too.

Of course, once you have a hypothesis you have to support it with research - actual, hands-on research.

So get busy in the lab, Professor Killjoy. Do your job.

Doesn't seem that I'm being commissioned to research someone else's quack hypothesis, so why should I?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It definitely isn't.

How's that? You don't think that alpha males potentially are so secure in their dominance that they don't have to go around attempting to exert it at every turn? Like overbearing frat boys and petty tyrants could acutally be betas with a complex?