• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DISC question on adaptive and natural styles.

wolfy

awsm
There is a big difference in my natural stabilizing and adaptive stabilizing. Here is a link to my results DISC results. The test results were pretty spot on, I'm curious what the difference means and any other comments on the test.

Cheers.

Jaguar

I can never get to documents on that site. See if this helps you understand:

Natural Style: The natural style is how
you behave when you are being most
natural. It is your basic style and the one
you adopt when you are being authentic
and true to yourself. It is also the style
that you revert to when under stress or
pressure.

Adaptive Style:
The adaptive style is
how you behave when you feel you are
being observed or how you behave
when you are aware of your behavior.
This style is less natural and less
authentic for you or your true tendencies
and preferences. When forced to adopt
to this style for too long you may become
stressed and less effective.

wolfy

awsm
I can never get to documents on that site. See if this helps you understand:

Natural Style: The natural style is how
you behave when you are being most
natural. It is your basic style and the one
you adopt when you are being authentic
and true to yourself. It is also the style
that you revert to when under stress or
pressure.

Adaptive Style:
The adaptive style is
how you behave when you feel you are
being observed or how you behave
when you are aware of your behavior.
This style is less natural and less
authentic for you or your true tendencies
and preferences. When forced to adopt
to this style for too long you may become
stressed and less effective.

Thanks, I was wondering why and what it means in particular that my stabilizing swings like that. The rest are pretty even but stabilizing is Natural 63 and Adaptive 25. It's interesting because I can see the two aspects in my personality and a mental swing like that. I do feel stress in the low stabilizing but I also feel good.

Jaguar

Do you have your scores posted anywhere besides that website?

Jaguar

I did, and then my computer crashed. Lol. I have an issue with my graphics card and LCD screen.
I do remember your natural I= 81.

Let's address the 63 natural and 25 adaptive S scores .
Do you swing back and forth on your levels of risk-taking and/ or being impulsive?
In other words, a tug of war between playing it safe and rolling the dice?

wolfy

awsm
I did, and then my computer crashed. Lol. I have an issue with my graphics card and LCD screen.

Let's address the 63 natural and 25 adaptive S scores .
Do you swing back and forth on your levels of risk-taking and/ or being impulsive?
In other words, a tug of war between playing it safe and rolling the dice?

Here are the scores

Natural
D 49
I 81
S 63
C 39

Adaptive
D 42
I 88
S 25
C 28

Yeah, I do see myself in that way. I like the more impulsive side but can see the need to hold it down to hold things together. Mentally, I'll be steady and suddenly feel a huge mental/physical rush to change.

So, I mean, what I am curious about is knowing that about myself what can I do with it. Just be aware of it? It feels like there could be some understanding to be had from it but I can't put my finger on it.

wolfy

awsm
Actually it tires people around me. The poor buggers. I reckon they should just enjoy the ride, but that's me.

Jaguar

Here are the scores

Natural
D 49
I 81
S 63
C 39

Adaptive
D 42
I 88
S 25
C 28

Yeah, I do see myself in that way. I like the more impulsive side but can see the need to hold it down to hold things together. Mentally, I'll be steady and suddenly feel a huge mental/physical rush to change.

So, I mean, what I am curious about is knowing that about myself what can I do with it. Just be aware of it?
It feels like there could be some understanding to be had from it but I can't put my finger on it.

That's what I used mine for - layers of awareness. Just look at it as the many sides of wolfy. Does there have to be something wrong with being predictably unpredictable? :wink:

wolfy

awsm
That's what I used mine for - layers of awareness. Just look at it as the many sides of wolfy. Does there have to be something wrong with being predictably unpredictable? :wink:

Suppose not. It's an interesting discovery. Nothing wrong with it at all.

wolfy

awsm

It's funny that my I score is so high. This test is pretty good, good feedback, better than a lot of other tests I've done.

rav3n

I too found DISC quite accurate.

As a guess (so not a DISC expert), the spread between your stability indicators might suggest that you've learned to flex more.

E - Couldn't find the word initially but it suddenly came to me. Another possibility for the difference is that you've learned to be more reactive or proactive.

wolfy

awsm
I too found DISC quite accurate.

As a guess (so not a DISC expert), the spread between your stability indicators might suggest that you've learned to flex more.

E - Couldn't find the word initially but it suddenly came to me. Another possibility for the difference is that you've learned to be more reactive or proactive.

I know that with changes in the work I do I've become more of a performer. Something that was always in me but wasn't really developed. I know I can go from really low key to hyped easily, and I seem to have more control over it than I used to.