• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

F's and Depression or Anxiety Medication

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds like you had the flat affect.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Numbness sounds better than flat. :laugh:

I guess it's a matter of perception. I just think of flat as emotional flatline.

Of course people aren't usually truly emotionally flat, but it's described as "feeling nothing" or "feeling empty" or numbness, and they just don't express much.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Imagine how it would be like if many people with the same "issue" would get together and have fun.

I mean, one would be less depressed if he'd just meet with people struggling with the same things. The sense of community and belonging would make them feel better.

At least it would make me feel better when I'm low. Realizing that I'm not the only one, that there are others. Because when I'm depressed I get really alienated from everything, and others like me fade in my perception as I become the only one who suffers in a world where there's no one else. Till I start feeling fine again.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a spam queen, so don't feel bad, I understand. :yes: :spam2:

Don't you feel better already? :hug:

What you just described up there is basically the premise behind group therapy, but it could work in other situations, like on-line forums, churches, et al.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
What you just described up there is basically the premise behind group therapy, but it could work in other situations, like on-line forums, churches, et al.

Yes, but going out somewhere interesting and having fun is so much better.

Like a roller coaster ride. There's nothing better for your emotional roller coaster than a real roller coaster :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, but going out somewhere interesting and having fun is so much better.

Like a roller coaster ride. There's nothing better for your emotional roller coaster than a real roller coaster :laugh:

I think everyone who is depressed should go roller skating like old school 1970's/1980's roller rink style.

lol

Seriously though I think the idea of getting out of your environment and doing something fun can help, and it may be enough to snap some people out of it, but on the other hand for others it would just be a distraction and they'd go home and feel depressed again.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't see the video. I must be living in the most banned country :laugh:

edit: I listened to the song.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
What if they'd get constantly distracted and never get depressed again?

(therefor avoiding all the issues, and NOT talking about it. The opposite of therapy :laugh:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What if they'd get constantly distracted and never get depressed again?

(therefor avoiding all the issues, and NOT talking about it. The opposite of therapy :laugh:)

Isn't that called Borderline Personality Disorder?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Gotta love that Si. We may have to reference back to it later.