• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Four Horses, PSI, and MBTI

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a friend who was a PSI "life coach" for a while (I actually went through the program myself, but I was only in it a few months, I never became a coach or anything while on the other hand she was in PSI for two years) and she reminded of me of the four categories of people in PSI:

Controllers

Promoters

Supporters

Analysts

Would that not correspond to...

Controller = SJ

Promoter = SP

Supporter = NF

Analyst = NT

????

But if so, I remember while I was in the PSI training I was labelled a Promoter, and my particular training group was filled with Promoter-Controllers with very few Supporters or Analysts.

Also, my friend mentioned the mythology of the four horses of the apocolypse in Revelation:

Black = Intellect

Red = Emotion

Pale = Physical

White = Spriritual Purity

She said she thinks I'm more inclined toward the Red horse, although we all "ride the four horses" at one time or another in our lives, and I would agree. I honestly can't think of many people who really lean primarily toward White horse (um...the Dali Llama? Ghandi? Mother Theresa?) so I don't think these correspond as well to the four temperaments.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe they confused your Interaction Style for what amounts to SP, since Get Things Going and SP are both Sanguine, and have some things in common.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heck, I don't know if they even correlate to the four temperaments. For all I know Promoters are like ExxP and Supporters are IxFJ or IxFP and Analysts are IxTx and Controllers are a mix of ExFJ and assorted xxTJs.

There may not be a good MBTI or Keirsey cross-over.

Wait - what I said actually makes sense...there are four ExxPs...ENFP, ESFP, ESTP, and ENTP...then four IxFP/IxFJ ...INFJ, ISFJ, ISFP. INFP...then there are four IxTx types...ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INTP...and four ExxJ types...ESFJ, ENFJ, ESTJ, and ENTJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Spiritual... Purity?

Yeah, like that's what you would concern yourself most with. Esoteric spiritual matters and striving to be spiritually pure above all things.

This is actually the first I've heard of the four horses symbolism in relation to human personality preference, actually.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought you meant the 4 horses of Apocalypse. hahaha, and what does PSI stand for?

G

Ginkgo

Yeah, like that's what you would concern yourself most with. Esoteric spiritual matters and striving to be spiritually pure above all things.

This is actually the first I've heard of the four horses symbolism in relation to human personality preference, actually.

Kiersey briefly compares the 4 temperaments to the 4 horsemen and a few other "fours" that mirror the psyche in PUMII.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. it's not a fucking cult

I was involved with the basic training and leadership program for a few months, it changed my life for the better, taught me a lot of things and helped me psychologically. I never felt compelled to "stay in" nor was I ever pursued in any way by the organization. I still have friends from my training group, but that's understandable since we shared an intense, life-changing therapeutic experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope, it's a self-help experiential encounter group.

Cults do things like try to force you to stay with them, or follow you if you try to leave. There are people who stay with PSI longer and become coaches or facilitators, but obviously coaches and facilitators are needed to run the training groups properly, it is entirely by choice.

My friend who was a coach actually was not part of my training group. She did PSI in California.

I think the average church is more "cultish" than PSI. I think people just fear it maybe because it's kind of New Age-y.

G

Ginkgo

P.S. it's not a fucking cult

I was involved with the basic training and leadership program for a few months, it changed my life for the better, taught me a lot of things and helped me psychologically. I never felt compelled to "stay in" nor was I ever pursued in any way by the organization. I still have friends from my training group, but that's understandable since we shared an intense, life-changing therapeutic experience.

Are you going to sing in a choir?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you going to sing in a choir?

:thelook:

I did my PSI training back when I lived in Vegas. It's what gave me the strength to leave my emotionally abusive ex and return to my family and go to college.

There was decidedly no choir singing. But there was some singing and dancing.

LEGERdeMAIN

A cult with superior brainwashing techniques may not need to follow you or force you to stay... instead they "convince" you. I think someone who cares about you should kidnap you and take you to an isolated house in Appalachia and re-educate you. Any volunteers?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
someone should take you to an isolated house in Appalachia and re-educate you

I'm pretty sure this has already happened since then. I like to call it "living with my mom."

T

ThatGirl

I have dated a few men who would have made perfect cult leaders. Maybe they took these seminars too? One even lived in the mountains!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Or maybe you're attracted overwhelmingly to ENFJs?