• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Something Wrong With My Emotions?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes, there are just other movies that strike you harder than some others. Doesn't mean there is something wrong with ya for not crying.

I've watched Grave of the Fireflies before. Did I cry? Yes, a little. Did I cry more than other films? Nope. Quite possibly because I didn't live in a time where there were constant air raids day in and day out (I mean... like living during the time when Great Britain was constantly bombarded by air raids,) nor have I lived in a time where I had to fend for myself at such a young age.

Though it is striking to learn about those times.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have never cried because of a movie. I must be a robot OMGZZZZZZZZ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there must be something wrong with my emotions. when I see movies and someone dies I usually think "that's so beautiful"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He's incredibly, ridiculously removed from reality. I think I was that way at 13 or so.

G

Ginkgo

Recently I watched the movie Grave of the Fireflies, an anime movie about two young sibling children during WW 2 Japan. The film is considered one of the saddest films in existence, and will make just about anyone who watches it cry. I watched the movie with this fully in mind, and yet by the time the movie was over, I hadn't cried at all. I was sad, I almost was brought to tears by a few scenes, but overall I did not cry from the film. This is concerning to me; how is it that I was not able to cry at one of the most heart warming/hear wrenching films in existence? Is there something wrong with me? What does this mean? Or maybe I'm repressing my emotions? I'm perplexed by this, could someone help?

You should be more worried about the dieing cartoon characters than your own emotional intelligence! FOR SHAME! :p

I cried; but I didn't know it was going to be as tragic as it was. While you were braced for it, I wasn't. As you insinuated, that probably had something to do with your lack of affect.

Don't worry about it. *checks for your pulse* It's human!