• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does it mean to be passionate about something?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or rather, how does it feel to be passionate about something?

I feel like I am on a limbo. The way I see myself to be passionate about something is the time (usually unnoticed) spent doing something like a project. Something that I am willing to spend the whole day on and not whine about/look at the time. If I do whine about it, it is whining about getting what I am doing right(rather than whining about I hate it.)

I've seen classmates develop lots of time on their "pet projects" outside of class, in which, some of them develop a knack for going through a day...without noticing the day went by so quickly in the first place. Even one of my professors at my college laughed about how she went by a whole day of painting, not noticing that she was hungry... until she was about to pass out.

I think, there were a few instances in this case of passion that sort of manifested, but I am not sure if it is the way to go. The few things where time flied, a majority of them(both in my childhood and now) tended to be doing something outdoors or on something that was more hands on where I can touch or tinker with objects.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me, when I'm passionate about something I can do that thing for long periods of time and not easily tire of it. Often when I'm consumed by passion, I lose track of the time and resent having to set it aside to do some more urgent task. Things that I'm passionate about, I seek to engage in frequently. It feels new each time I do it.

When I'm doing something more boring or unpleasant and think about what I'd rather be doing, those things I think alot about give clues as to my passions in life.