• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thread to post ratio?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That you're much more balanced than I at 167:1

Twelve-thousand posts but only 74 threads began. I read through my threads, and I noticed that I only made threads when I thought I had discovered something of interest, really had a valid question that I couldn't find an existing thread for, or was indulging in some silliness like "what do you like best about being a marm."

It's funny because people seem to think I'm so imposing with some of my opinions, but in truth I don't seem to be very forward about setting aside a particular space for a certain subject. I actually appear to be more of a "joiner."

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
251:1

I don't know whether I'm winning or losing with those stats.

T

ThatGirl

That you're much more balanced than I at 167:1

Twelve-thousand posts but only 74 threads began. I read through my threads, and I noticed that I only made threads when I thought I had discovered something of interest, really had a valid question that I couldn't find an existing thread for, or was indulging in some silliness like "what do you like best about being a marm."

It's funny because people seem to think I'm so imposing with some of my opinions, but in truth I don't seem to be very forward about setting aside a particular space for a certain subject. I actually appear to be more of a "joiner."

Yeah, usually if there is something I want to know, I get straight to the point. Otherwise I am more likely to observe than to participate much. It probably is skewed by my time in vent too though, but I still say you are more extroverted than I am.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
lol

Mine is sixhundred and something to one.

The only thread i've started is my blog thread thing, which seems to get a few read, i don't tend to start threads because pretty much anything i would like to ask, has already been done.

Also, like with parties, i prefer to attend than host. I have an intense fear that no one would show up....

G

garbage

~100:1. I thought it was higher than that.. I don't remember making 30 threads :shrug:

Like others, I want relatively well-refined idea if I'm going to initiate a thread--I usually start threads with a wall of text. Existing threads are easier, because I don't feel as though I end up having to put that effort into individual replies.

Also, because I don't have a lot of original ideas about typology systems.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Now that people are producing exact stats, I'll do the same...

35.5:1

That seems really high.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
52:1

We all don't take into account though the posts which don't go to the post counter :D

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I have an intense fear that no one would show up....

Sounds like a classical fear of failure. You don't know the true odds of success until you try.

Eckhart - that is true, but it won't make much of a difference for most people.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sure you've all observed that there is a wide divergence in the thread to post ratio of many members of significant post count (>250).
Some prefer only to respond to existing posts, providing their opinion or pointing out errors in knowledge or logic. Others post large amounts of threads, few of which receive any replies, yet they keep posting.

Any hypotheses?

What does this reflect in terms of ones personality and social role?

What other factors are involved?

Level of imagination? Breadth vs Depth?
Familiarity with the forum or the internet in general?
General level of curiosity?
Age or level of knowledge?

Why is your thread to post ratio the way it is?

I've started 97 threads and I'd guess I have about 2100 posts if you include all the Fluff Zone ones. 22 : 1 ratio.

I tend to post a fair amount of threads. Mostly out of curiosity to see what others have to say about something. Do other people relate to what I'm saying? Is it a possibly a type related thing? A couple of times I've wanted forum members' advice on something. The threads I post tend to be either hit or miss. Sometimes I'm surprised by the amount (or lack of) response a thread of mine gets. I try to post threads on things that I think might hold some interest but haven't been brought up on the forum yet.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
call me blind or call me stupid, but how are you getting your thread to post ratio?

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I don't know how others did, but I used the "Search all threads by this user" thing in my profile, counted them and divided then my post count by the thread count.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Find your number of threads by going to your profile (click on your username or avatar on one of your posts) and clicking, "Find all started threads". Scroll to the bottom, it says the total number of threads. Then look at your post count. Then divide. :D