• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spontaneity in Deep, Deep Trance

Mole

Permabanned
I awoke the other night in the deepest of trances. I kept one foot though in the waking state and I knew as one only knows in a deep deep trance that I could share this trance with no one, not even you.

The deep trance is like floating at the bottom of an abyssal trench in the deepest oceans. There is no contact with the surface and all the world belongs me. But I know if I walk out the door in this state, I am in danger. Not only because I won't be understood, but because I am completely spontaneous.

And recognising the danger I bring myself awake, with only the lingering memory of nirvana.

But then I tell myself to find a safe place to be completely spontaneous in the deepest of trances.

And thank heavens the danger doesn't emanate from myself but only from those who aren't sharing the deep trance.

But how nice to be in this deep trance in company.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
Creating trances

I went to a place where I had been lonely and anxious. But this time I went in a deliberate and conscious trance, and the place was transformed.

I experienced no loneliness nor anxiety, although I could remember it, and I could see the extraordinary beauty of the place.

In the trance it is as though I am open to everything and am completely spontaneous, but at the same time I experience no anxiety or loneliness.

At school I discovered I had 100% recall in class if I attended in a trance. So I would sit right up front so as not to be distracted by the rest of the class and remember everything, everything said or done by our teacher. However this trance memory could be interrupted by my not liking the teacher or by sitting at the back of the class.

In the trance I am also completely spontaneous which is very nice for me but discombombulates anyone around me. So I discovered that almost all are not spontaneous, rather they follow a set pattern in their interactions, and if this is interrupted, they don't like it.

As a consequence I am very interested in shared trances. So I have explored authoritarian trances, like church worship, or football matches, or rock concerts. But I can see the limitations of authoritarian trances and prefer creative trances, trances that we create ourselves and share together.

F

figsfiggyfigs

You've finally confirmed it.

Now, do you also sell it?

Mole

Permabanned
You've finally confirmed it.

Now, do you also sell it?

As we enter a trance our critical faculties slowly disappear and we are left vulnerable and spontaneous.

So unless we first learn to enter and leave a trance safely, we naturally feel fear.

And being unable to acknowledge our fear, we strike out at those who are talking about trance and taking us to the fearful edge. And we draw back from the edge by insulting those who even talk about trance, for it is so threatening.

However it is important to say that no matter how fearful we may be, personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

Mole

Permabanned
When we learn to drive a car, the first thing we learn is how to turn on the engine and how to turn off the engine. And so when we are learning to entrance ourselves, we first learn how to enter a trance safely and how to leave a trance safely.

I learnt how to enter and leave a trance safely with a Sports' Psychologist, John Turnbull, at the Australian National University. He was very good with beginners with particular emphasis on social and psychological safety.

Then I learnt more about trance with Dennis Wier at http://www.tranceresearch.org/b284/?page_id=6

Since then I have become interested in trance design and have designed two trances.

But once we becomes aware of entering and leaving trances, we become aware that we enter and leave the trance state many times during the day. We become aware of the bodily changes and the changes to the psyche as we enter and leave a trance, in the same way we know when the car engine is on or off.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Spontaneous trance mixes I like:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMT7YDpcUCA"].[/YOUTUBE]

F

figsfiggyfigs

However it is important to say that no matter how fearful we may be, personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

I know I said it before, but, I'll say it again. I find you absolutely adorable.

Mole

Permabanned
How to speak to someone in a trance.

Although largely unrecognised, trances are a normal part of everyday life, so it is important to learn how to speak to someone in trance.

In any trance some of the cognitive faculties are asleep, and some of the imaginative faculties are awake. So the mind of someone in a trance is quite like the mind of a child.

So the way to speak to someone in trance is to speak to them as though they were a child.

So tone of voice will be heard by someone in a trance. And positive or negative affecty will be heard. We all know how to speak nicely to a child, well that is the way to speak to someone in a trance.

Mole

Permabanned
The Centre for the Mind and Trance

Professor Allan Snyder of the Centre for the Mind at the Australian National University sees trance as the explanation for genius.

We all notice that our imaginations and creativity seem to diminish as we leave childhood and take on our responsibilities in the world. But we can return to childhood as adults by learning to enter and leave trances at will.

Children are learning at a prodigious rate through natural trance. But after a while we are taught that trances are childish and we become embarrassed and abandon our trances and work hard to conform.

We are now starting to see that this is a tragedy, but a tragedy that can be reversed by consciously designing our own trances.

Some may wonder why I love the children's book, "Wind in the Willows". Well I love Ratty and Mole because they takes me back to the trance of childhood.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Professor Allan Snyder of the Centre for the Mind at the Australian National University sees trance as the explanation for genius.

We all notice that our imaginations and creativity seem to diminish as we leave childhood and take on our responsibilities in the world. But we can return to childhood as adults by learning to enter and leave trances at will.

Children are learning at a prodigious rate through natural trance. But after a while we are taught that trances are childish and we become embarrassed and abandon our trances and work hard to conform.

We are now starting to see that this is a tragedy, but a tragedy that can be reversed by consciously designing our own trances.

Some may wonder why I love the children's book, "Wind in the Willows". Well I love Ratty and Mole because they takes me back to the trance of childhood.

I like children's books, too. :)

Mole

Permabanned
Trance Designers

How can we step outside of the taken for granted? How can we step outside of the everyday?

Well what is amazing is how powerful is the everyday - we take it for granted. But the everyday is guided by trances. These are shared trances and cultural trances and so are invisible to us.

But as we learn to enter and leave trances safely at will, cultural and group trances start to become visible to us.

If we want to belong by conforming, this can be alarming. But if we want to be free, we can start to breathe deeply.

So paradoxically the purpose of learning to entrance ourselves is to learn to wake up from culturally induced group trances.

This is not for the faint hearted, but frees us to become trance designers.

Mole

Permabanned
A Trance for Two

Trance design is easy. First we need a way in and a way out. If our way in is to count to 12, then our way out is count from 12 to 1. Or if you notice my posts, you will find I begin the heading with the same words I end the post. These are the markers, or the bookends of the trance. They tell us when to go to sleep and when to wake relaxed and refreshed.

Next we need to decide the purpose of the trance. It may be we want perfect recall or we may want to be euphoric and relaxed. It's important to know where we are going for each trance is different with different effects and affects, for each trance consists of a different mix of cognitive and imaginative elements.

And as we fall into a particular trance we notice particular physical changes and changes to our psyche.

And also we become suggestible, so before we fall into a trance we should decide what suggestions we want to give ourselves while in the trance. We should deicide on the suggestions beforehand while we are in possession of our full cognitive faculties.

Of course it is lovely to design particular trances for ourselves, but particularly lovely to design a trance for two.