• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Premature Thread

T

ThatGirl

I thought this would be fun....There is a thread in the works here but I can't quite pinpoint it down yet.

It has to do with, memory, intelligence, MBTI, perspective, bias, growth, creativity, nostalgia, and evolution.

What is the thread?

A

Anew Leaf

your thread is about zen, and here is one freckle of it presented in the form of two bunnies snuggling.

T

ThatGirl

That video is going to give me nightmares...tyvm!

Lol!

T

ThatGirl

I give it until tomorrow maybe, the I am posting the real thread.... you guys suck at this game.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Thinking hurts my brain. D:

Can't we just go with the bunnies?

Little_Sticks

Thinking hurts my brain. D:

Can't we just go with the bunnies?

Sure, and I'll add a funny picture.

picturemv.jpg

/DG/

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

T

ThatGirl

Quickly since I need to leave soon, I was wondering about the factor of memory into MBTI and preference. Yeah I know memory isn't actually type related. However the better ones memory is, the more likely they are to be focused on things other people have either forgotten or are not aware of. Like how things evolve over time. Or processing larger amounts of data and histories to acknowledge broader scopes of patterns and probability.

I have a decent memory. I cant remember specific sensory details yet if it is in motion, I can recall things much later on with incredible accuracy.

This means I have many of the experiences that an intuitive would have. Feeling separate from the thinking and understanding of others. Feeling like I am picking up on other things that most people dont. Experience wise I am more familiar with N than S.

Yet people would swear up and down that I am an S and I think it is hilarious because just because you dont remember or you werent paying attention doesnt make you more N than someone else. Since when have Ns become oblivious to their external world.
[
I am sorry but in my opinion you cant crawl if you cant walk. Skipping from A-Z will not net accurate trains of thought, and if you are an intuitive it will be no more beneficial than insanity.

Some where along the line even intuitives had to learn how to compartmentalize their sensory world. Otherwise you would be hearing things on the news like, "Another intuitive has stepped into oncoming traffic." Intuitives would become extinct faster than we could even type them. Just because I had the intellect and ability to do it pretty fucking well, does not make me a goddamned sensor!

Its like saying that the areas of intelligence are subject to MBTI typing. The whole thing is such a huge fucking Bias.

.....That was the thought I was synthesizing at the moment I wrote this post.

Jaguar

Sensor. Intuitive. Sensor. Intuitive. Does it really matter that much?

T

ThatGirl

Sensor. Intuitive. Sensor. Intuitive. Does it really matter that much?

It does if the person you are communicating with has thrown out half of your content due to a type related bias. And, that becomes a recurring theme.

Also, I hate it when people are wrong. If they misunderstand something that little they are misunderstanding something a lot bigger as well.

It's a frustration.

IRL, I really don't care, then again no one is speaking to me as an intuitive or a sensor.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Premature threading occasionally happens to the best of us. If the problem persists, go see a doctor.

As for the dichotomies, I think that balance is desireable for all of them. Some achieve that earlier, others later and maybe a few never will. Life experiences seem to have quite a strong influence on how fast that happens.

Jaguar

It does if the person you are communicating with has thrown out half of your content due to a type related bias. And, that becomes a recurring theme.

Also, I hate it when people are wrong. If they misunderstand something that little they are misunderstanding something a lot bigger as well.

It's a frustration.

IRL, I really don't care, then again no one is speaking to me as an intuitive or a sensor.

Hells bells, you and I actually agree on something. :wink:
The last sentence of your post is crucial. Be happy about it.

G

garbage

Some where along the line even intuitives had to learn how to compartmentalize their sensory world. Otherwise you would be hearing things on the news like, "Another intuitive has stepped into oncoming traffic." Intuitives would become extinct faster than we could even type them.

Similarly, somewhere down the line, sensors learn that seeing a light turn red has a deeper meaning beyond "that light is now red," lest they also walk into oncoming traffic because they could not make an association between a red light and being dead if they entered the road.

.. or something like that.

Typing those words makes me feel very, very dirty. But, yeah, y'all get what I'm saying.

When someone tries to map cognitive functions to capabilities or brain activities, they're in for a world of hurt. They should at least back up and remember that types are intended to be about preferences. then maybe they need to back up even further and evaluate whether or not it's just bullshit anyway?

T

ThatGirl

After further consideration I have decided I am probably to blame for my own frustration as I look for people to contingency plan with. Or try to pry people for feedback on the situations I am mulling over in my mind. When people think I am a sensor it pisses me off, because that means they aren't getting the whole picture therefore my speaking with them isn't going to fulfill my needs anyway. I don't trust their feedback....

Now, my ESTP used to be excellent for bouncing ideas off of or showing me what I missed, and most INTJs are too.

However the bottom line is I probably wouldn't get so upset if I wasn't expecting the wrong things.

/DG/

Yet people would swear up and down that I am an S and I think it is hilarious because just because you dont remember or you werent paying attention doesnt make you more N than someone else. Since when have Ns become oblivious to their external world.
Ahh yes... I'm a VERY absentminded S, myself. I think this type of thing is more related to E vs. I than S vs. N because E's are more focused on the external world and I's on the internal.

Some where along the line even intuitives had to learn how to compartmentalize their sensory world. Otherwise you would be hearing things on the news like, "Another intuitive has stepped into oncoming traffic." Intuitives would become extinct faster than we could even type them. Just because I had the intellect and ability to do it pretty fucking well, does not make me a goddamned sensor!
:laugh: Oh the many casualties!

*edit* Oops, I didn't realize there was more than one post in this thread.... and I seem to have bumped it a bit. :p
Really, MBTI in itself is subjective. There's going to be bias and generalization all over the place. I understand your annoyance, though.