• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You seem to keep your hatred under control.

sleepy

I hadn't noticed this about you. You seem to keep your hatred under control.
Interesting. I've been curious about this too.

What about you, are you able to keep your hatred under control? Do you feel much hatred from others?

Do we all like to think we can keep our hatred under control?

What is hatred?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hate is a very strong word. I may say that I hate people, but I really don't. Hate, to me, is only reserved to someone who I'd wish death upon. I may disklike people, but I don't hate them.

However, I do tend to get a lot of feelings of hatred inside of me at times. It's not really directed at anyone, so I'd say I keep it pretty much under control. It's reserved for catharsis away from other people. ;)

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I only feel hatred for two people.
Both of them I just ignore. If I cross their paths, I either say what needs to be said for them to leave me alone for months on end and probably destroying their esteem for the day, or I simply give them an evil glare and move on with life. Hatred for me is this bubbly feeling of rage that overcomes me when I see them, leaves me shaking with anger and absolute loathing. I have perfectly acceptable reasons for hating both of these people, but I do feel the need to keep that hatred in it's box. All feelings have a place in boxes in my mind and hatred is no exception.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I minimize contact, sever ties. restraining orders. works wonders

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate groups of people who undertake certain actions due to their corrupt life philosophies, but I can't say I really hate anyone as an individual.

Hatred is a form of anger. Keeping hatred under control may have to do with anger management skills. It also has to do with strength of feeling for a person, or how much you've been abused by a particular individual. It's not strange to begin to hate a person who keeps verbally abusing you, for example.

Sometimes hate is also anger or depression focused on to individuals that a person feels hurt by, or just on people they don't like.

The best way to manage hate is to keep things in perspective, try to talk to people who care about you or love you, and think through things.

It's easy to keep hate under control if you're empowered, I think. It's very difficult to do so if you feel weak or abused or at a disadvantage for some reason.

I find it's a good idea to vent hatred somewhere, but it's not always a good idea to do so if that hate is focused toward things people can't help i.e. their gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual preference. I have absolutely ZERO comprehension why people could hate for those reasons, I'm utterly at a loss.

Like I said, I tend to hate hazy groups of distant people with bad morals or corrupt ethics, so essentially I hate their behavior. And generally if I hate an individual it is because they have repeatedly hurt or angered me in some way, in a very pointed and deliberate way.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I bottle my hate inside, and some of it may leak out into my actions, but most if it stays under good control. That's not to say I like it like that, I really wish I could exercise my hate freely, it's just that if I did, well bad things would happen.

I also hate many, many, many things and people in life.

Lark

I think self-control's an under rated virtue.

Although hatred is the strongest attachment next to love, its strange that people develop such strong attachment to people or things they dont even like.

R

RDF

[...]Although hatred is the strongest attachment next to love, its strange that people develop such strong attachment to people or things they dont even like.

Yeah, hate is just another emotional bond. Assuming that the other person hasn't done anything particularly vile in order to earn our hate, then coming to hate someone is often like falling in love with the pretty, happily-married gal a few cubicles down the aisle at work. You don't really want it to happen; it just happens. They somehow got into your consciousness, and now it's hard to shake them and get them back out.

[...]What is hatred?

They say our hates and our loves are mostly a reflection of ourselves. We run into a lot of people during the day and have a lot of reasons to hate or love each of them. So why do we fasten on just a few so strongly (again, assuming that the other person hasn't done anything wildly out of the ordinary to earn that bond)? Supposedly it's because they resemble mommy or daddy or remind us of some other powerful bond or stimulus from earlier in life.

So perhaps the best use of our emotions is to learn about our own internal emotional topography: Why has that particular person or thing evoked that powerful emotional bond in me when other people around me (perhaps more deserving) didn't?

Little_Sticks

There is only an illusion of control. Sometimes holding it in and being patient is more of a mistake. But you get to be the judge of that since you can never know how your life would have changed should you acted differently in a given situation. It seems you think holding it in and being patient is a better choice. Interesting.