• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you use doublethink?

Do you use doublethink?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, normally it isn't. If you think about the time needed to actually go through any problem, it is a lot more faster (efficient) just accepting what the group has accepted to be true.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'll often play the devil's advocate in an argument, because open-mindedness is important, but I could never accept two contradictory things as simultaneous fact. I have a feeling I'll have a hard time in quantum physics what with Schrodinger's cat. I can't believe that, for instance, that we are at war with Eurasia and always have been, despite the memory of a war with Eastasia. That's just crazy. Things either happened or didn't.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, normally it isn't. If you think about the time needed to actually go through any problem, it is a lot more faster (efficient) just accepting what the group has accepted to be true.

Going by the group is like rote memorization. You have to keep going back and reviewing it, and if the entire "fact" that you've memorized is bent even slightly in accordance to "change", then you have to start from scratch. To avoid all this fuss, you have to subjectively "get" it. Eventually comes when you meet problems with this sort of nature.