• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do I fall in love with everyone?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I hear you Aquarelle99. Infatuation is like a drug.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I fall a little bit in love with new friends, sometimes it can be hard for me to separate love and friendship.

But I like it ever so much. <3

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hear you Aquarelle99. Infatuation is like a drug.

Touché sir and no one is immune.

I'm the same way Aqua and it can be very distracting, even when I know better.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
Fascinating. I have your opposite problem. I'd like to experience this for a week... much more than trying out the opposite gender's genitals.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I think this is a positive thing. You must have a strong ability to empathize with others, which is not a common ability in this world.

Starry

I'll never forget yelling at my Ex husband...

Mr. Darcy gets it! Why don't you!!!!!

:p

Back off! Darcys mine!

LOL. Okay it’s Friday and I just felt like saying something extraordinarily dumb. But as you can see…I can identify with being in love with fictional characters.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Back off! Darcys mine!

LOL. Okay it’s Friday and I just felt like saying something extraordinarily dumb. But as you can see…I can identify with being in love with fictional characters.

Everyone loves Mr Darcy..

*swoon*

:wubbie:

rav3n

You can all fight over Mr. Darcy. My love interests include but aren't exclusive to, Maximus, Leonidas, Roark, Aragorn (in the book not the movie) and many, many others. I have enough love to encompass them all.

rav3n

And if you ladies are drawn to complex, intelligent men who speak in metaphors that are multi-layered in meaning, in a society where any minor shift in body can impact on the meaning of the spoken words, consider Liaden men. They might not be the largest, brawniest men around but Wow, their resonance is to die for!

*searches galaxies to find these interstellar traders and explorers*

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think this is a positive thing. You must have a strong ability to empathize with others, which is not a common ability in this world.

I don't think empathizing has much to do with infatuation. :huh: At least not in my case.

rav3n

Not sure it has any deeper meaning beyond crushing on characters who are written to be likeable, desirable, what have you. As well, with fantasy characters, the author is giving you insight into the character, their thoughts and emotions that in real life, you'll never get.

For myself, it's also safe to crush on fantasy characters where in real life, it happens so few and far apart. But that's my issue.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
I don't think empathizing has much to do with infatuation. :huh: At least not in my case.

ditto.

I find it is much easier to empathize with people (even against myself) than it is to become infatuated with them.

Mole

Permabanned
If we don't fall in love with a book, we will never understand it. We drink it in unconditionally. Then we digest the book, we ruminate, we ruminate on the book, thinking it over, feeling the contours. And then and only then we begin to criticize the book, we beome slightly irritated, we start to find out what is wrong with the book. And finally we fall out of love with the book. And then we are ready to move onto the next one.

Of course there are exceptions. And no matter how hard we try, there are some books we can't fall out of love with. These are our friends for life. Just like you.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
Loving a book = loving its characters?

There have been books I've mourned parting with when it came to the end, usually not just because of the characters but the planet of the thing in its entirety.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If we don't fall in love with a book, we will never understand it. We drink it in unconditionally. Then we digest the book, we ruminate, we ruminate on the book, thinking it over, feeling the contours. And then and only then we begin to criticize the book, we beome slightly irritated, we start to find out what is wrong with the book. And finally we fall out of love with the book. And then we are ready to move onto the next one.

Of course there are exceptions. And no matter how hard we try, there are some books we can't fall out of love with. These are our friends for life. Just like you.

You might've plucked the words straight from my mouth.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I too fall in love (or something close to that level of attraction) with fictional characters, it's a normal method of powerful empathy, or a sign of high emotional intelligence. Stagne, is it just me, or does this seem really prevalent in F's?

Originally posted by Victor

This is perfection. :yes:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Perhaps it is the attraction to novelty? Even a fictional character may have further secrets to unwrap.

Lien

would a kid know about sex and romance, if no one ever told them

people are presentable. we all have their tricks, and make the most of them. and we aren't exactly liars, if we hide our weak points and bring out the strong ones. and these accomplishments takes ahold of our imaginations.
watching a relationship turn romantic sours it for me, a fall from something better.
as for me, i found that i can't fall for anyone. because they are imperfect or perfect. it would require me to trust them completely, and become vulnerable.

i don't believe i can do that. when i know, we are not perfect.

and i can't fall for a perfection, a god, because i'm unable relate to something all-good or all-evil. i can't find it plausible.

i know i am unable to enjoy anything, because i don't know how to let go.