• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anatomy of an MBTIc Blog

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I've been temporarily unsure in the past whether I was looking at my blog or elfinchilde's. Particularly when its the same people posting about the same things.

:rofl1: I forgot you had a blog. You've been chasing elsewhere during the break, eh? ;)

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
But the silly thing is, I can't write anything if I don't think anyone is going to read it, so the only way for me to vent private matters is to write them where everyone can see them. :huh:

That's what my modest blog is for.
Anything that's too private for me to put there is something I can't write or speak of at all, because my mind has weird psychological caveats like that. :unsure:

Have the same caveat, actually... Quite a lot going on in my blog; but the really personal stuff, i keep it out; especially the things that hurt me. In that sense, my blog's like the living room of the house, so to speak. People can come in, have fun, kick back and relax, or have earnest discussions. But matters of privacy (a bedroom as an analogy, perhaps) are kept out. have deleted posts i made before, cos they were too private. :blush: In an way, an escape from pain and sadness in real life, i guess. am way less flighty and 'huggy' in real life.

I've been temporarily unsure in the past whether I was looking at my blog or elfinchilde's. Particularly when its the same people posting about the same things.

eh. too much spring break, eh? who was it who allowed his brother, Sword, to go about gallivanting in his own blog? :dry: distant had it right, no way he's gonna read pages and pages of his bro courting some girl. :rofl1:

*watches as my ego leaps off the side of a cliff*

Well gun slinger. We ladies can't help it if you're so easily forgettable. :whistling:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I like the veriety of blogs here, ranging from crazy to really serious, with all the different personalities and everything. I like how there is feedback, too.

I just started a blog. My intention is pretty much just to spit stuff -ideas and feelings, or whatever else. So far I only have one kind of sad reflection, but I also want to talk about some things that make me happy and some of my insane ideas :D I also hope to have some interesting conversations.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My weblog is a thoughtdump, a reference place, and a forum for feedback. I have had a presence on INTPCentral, NCentral, and MBTICentral, and though I do not post much anymore, it would be strange to leave completely. I am comfortable here, so I keep a weblog to record thoughts. I do not read other weblogs very often.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I wonder how the new VBlogs will change the 'blogging landscape' I think immediately, more and different people will read your blog as there's a link under your avatar every time you post. I think this would make it too random and like regular blogging sites.

I like the unbroken format of my current blog. It's like a blank notebook except people can read it. My style of blogging is more stream of consciousness, there's no real them or goal other than a space for me to fill if I'm so inclined. Kinda like a 'thoughtdump' like Nocturne described.

In the past they have been more of a journal in the traditional sense, talking about stuff I do each day and projects and parties. I swear sometimes it was interesting. :D Except now I dont' really have a life in the traditional sense so there's no point in talking about the minutiae of being a recluse. :dry:

I like elfinchilde's room analogy -- and I hate the idea of people coming into my bedrom IRL. It's a mess. My mess!

I think the new format of the blogs will lend more of a parlour feel to blogs as a default. It breaks up the flow of the blog and kind of sets up each entry for comment, and in that way, changes the stream of thought and conversation.

ygolo

My termites win
There is no reason we can't keep both types of blogs is there?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the unbroken format of my current blog. It's like a blank notebook except people can read it. My style of blogging is more stream of consciousness, there's no real them or goal other than a space for me to fill if I'm so inclined. Kinda like a 'thoughtdump' like Nocturne described.

Yes, and that's why I am not switching mine despite liking some of the new features. My blog is a steady flow of longer passages, and people respond deeply to some of them, so shoving off their ideas into a dead-end thread (i.e., the comment line) just doesn't seem to be the right approach for how my blog works.

But if you're just doing short, chopped posts or daily tidbits that dont' need any real serious commentary that would naturally become part of the post in question, then it seems to work.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
But if you're just doing short, chopped posts or daily tidbits that dont' need any real serious commentary that would naturally become part of the post in question, then it seems to work.
I disagree. I think it works even better for folks seeking serious commentary. Likewise, it gives the thread author the ability to delete the undesired posts, or simply keep the undesired members out of the blog altogether.

In the end, it's just a matter of personal preference, style, and technical choice. The new blogging area can work in the same exact manner as the old. In fact, it can work better because it's more then just a thread that's called a blog. . . it's an actual blogging program.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Except now I dont' really have a life in the traditional sense so there's no point in talking about the minutiae of being a recluse. :dry:

Probably why I'll never have a blog. I tried it on Xanga and MSN and found, since my life is so reclusive and I'm not a writer, that I need other people's thoughts to bounce off of (respond to.) Sitting in front of a blank page is worse than a blank canvas any day.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I like Edahn's analogy to a home.

I rarely read other people's blogs, because they usually aren't that interesting. I can count on one hand the members whose blog I would read, if they had a blog, and AFAIK they don't. Sorry if that seems rude or inconsiderate, but it's the truth.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I like Edahn's analogy to a home.

I rarely read other people's blogs, because they usually aren't that interesting. I can count on one hand the members whose blog I would read, if they had a blog, and AFAIK they don't. Sorry if that seems rude or inconsiderate, but it's the truth.
:cry:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'm glad you added "rarely." Because I just went over to INTPc, guessed at three blogs that you'd probably read, checked them, and sure enough. . . you've read all three.

I would have checked more, but I'm lazy and it's lunch time.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm glad you added "rarely." Because I just went over to INTPc, guessed at three blogs that you'd probably read, checked them, and sure enough. . . you've read all three.

I would have checked more, but I'm lazy and it's lunch time.

Perhaps I should change "read" to "follow and pay attention to." I use the "new posts" button a lot. And, apparently, "quotation" marks.

I just read both posts in your blog, by the way. Woo! I feel the energy flowing through me! I can change!

Oh, and also, just because I open a thread doesn't mean I read anything there. Often, if the first line or two doesn't grab my attention, I'll close the window. Sorry if this offends you.