• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suicide and type

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I recently read an article that claimed that depression is linked to thinking (philosophy) too much. Apparently people who are more "here and now," and don't think about the bigger issues, like the meaning of life tend to me more happy.

Do you still have the link?

If you mean something like: http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=search.displayRecord&uid=2009-10379-009

Its claim is that depression leads to more analytical thinking, not vice versa. It's also a very unsubstantiated claim. The type certain pop "science" sites mention a lot.

The easier claim of "people generally try to get rid of things which they think make them sad", is not only much more quantified and proven, but provides a satisfactory explanation as to why depression would lead to increased thoughts and focus around perceived problems.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I have learnt that the Japanese have military tradition of suicide called the "Seppuku", which is committed in order to restore honor. You can browse on Youtube your own how Seppuku is like if you want to. Military is most likely an ESFJ thing and speaking of old preserved tradition is also an an SJ thing. I heard the news (may be a rumour) that when the Japanese Emperor declared Japan surrender to the Allied Forces in WW2, many of their military commanders committed it. They have been practicing the seppuku tradition since medieval age afaik.
I think A sensor type dominant or auxiliary will be prone to commit suicide. Some Korean artists committed suicide also. Artist is typically an SP.
I have found Some sportsman also committed suicide. They are typed as ESTP.
I have my own friend who committed suicide also, despite having a career as a lecturer, and also already married with one one year old child. I typed him ISFJ.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I heard the news (may be a rumour) that when the Japanese Emperor declared Japan surrender to the Allied Forces in WW2, many of their military commanders committed it.
this is the documentary movie of WW2. No seppuku scene is available. The documentary movie tells us that In the Battle of Okinawa, WW2, A japanese general, Ushujima, committed seppuku rather than surrender. Seppuku is performed traditionally by a tanto blade stabbed to the belly. In The Last Samurai movie, starred by Tom Cruise, there is a scene of seppuku.