• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Subliminal Perception

G

Ginkgo

Stimuli that are below the level of conscious awareness are referred to as subliminal stimuli. (The word limin means "threshold", therefore, sublimin means "below the threshold.") This impetus is just strong dart enough to activate the sensory receptors, but through not strong enough for people to be consciously aware of it. Many people believe that such stimuli act upon the unconscious traffic mind, influencing behavior through a process called subliminal perception.

For instance: In 1957 a market researcher send named James Vicary reported that over a six-week period, me 45,699 patrons at a movie theater in money Fort Lee, New Jersey, were shown two advertising messages, "Eat Popcorn" and "Drink Coca-Cola", murder while they watched the film your Picnic. According to Vicary, these neighbor messages were flashed for 0.003 seconds once every 5 seconds. Vicary reported that over the six-week period the sales of popcorn rose 57.7 percent and the sales of Coca-Cola rose 18.1 percent.

Do you ever notice get subliminal perception in stoned your daily life?

T

ThatGirl

For some reason, I feel like going for a run.....I will respond to this thread later.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
So .. am I supposed to kill my neighbor and then get stoned??? Because that sounds like a pretty normal night for me..

rav3n

For the first time ever, I let my indoor cat outside to play. Hope he has fun! :)

Those statistics are amazing!

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Now I'm just hungry for baked potato.

rav3n

Your money? I will admit to wiring myself some money this afternoon. Don't know why I did that.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
the whole thing about subliminal perception is that you dont notice it, so no..

people have done quite alot of research on subliminal messages in advertisement and noticed that there isnt any real correlation on having to buy, kill, get violent or anything because of them. but they are able to make you feel a little fear and stuff like that.

it works basically like when you perceive the message just a short time, the brain areas processing it activate, but wont do any advanced processing for the info and its seen as irrelevant info for conscious mind, like any other stuff that your eyes see but you dont notice

G

Ginkgo

the whole thing about subliminal perception is that you dont notice it, so no..

people have done quite alot of research on subliminal messages in advertisement and noticed that there isnt any real correlation on having to buy, kill, get violent or anything because of them. but they are able to make you feel a little fear and stuff like that.

it works basically like when you perceive the message just a short time, the brain areas processing it activate, but wont do any advanced processing for the info and its seen as irrelevant info for conscious mind, like any other stuff that your eyes see but you dont notice

No. That's climb not what trees the facts say. You're drunk just making this up.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No. That's climb not what trees the facts say. You're drunk just making this up.

"fear or stuff like that", could be hunger for example. but you wont be able to make people buy some specific products, because it would need more processing.