• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boosting Your Confidence in 10 Min or Less

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never had to apply for jobs so I can't use anything like that as an example, but I'll use the time I was going to take my driver's liscense examn as an example!

I've never really had a problem with any test in school and such. More like I didn't really seem to care that much. >.> But ok, oddly, I found myself starting to get sweaty about 15 mins before I was going to take the examn for my liscense (Which I found kind of odd, since I was confident in my driving, although maybe less confident about keeping a stranger happy sitting next to me?).

So anyways, no probs before, all of a sudden, anxiety! But I just figured. "Hey, I'm here now, I can fail and do it again if I need to but that will just take up more time and money, and the examinator isn't going to wait for me. So I'll just have to clear my mind and do this. Because there isn't really another choice anyway.

Well, the clearing the mind didn't work very well for me. But I did calm myself quite a lot by thinking that I just had to do what I had to do. And the instant I was sitting next to the examinator, all anxiety dissappeared into thin air and I was no longer in distress about anything. So my advice, just put your self in the aforementioned situation, and do what you have to do. Because there isn't much else that can be done about it. No? :p

You know, now that I think back of it, I think I wasn't afraid of failing the test or screwing up, but afraid of sitting next to a total stranger who was going to make an important judgement for me. :D

wolfy

awsm
T = testosterone, or thinking?

Testosterone.

There is one other thing. I always like to come at everything as a learning experience. With that mentality you can never really fail. You always learn.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if you lack fundamental faith in your fellow mankind though. xD

gromit

likes this
I play a song for myself like Eye of the Tiger or something. :workout: Sometimes I make people I trust tell me I am strong and brave. Remind myself that I will simply do the best I am capable of given the current circumstances (whatever they may be, preparation, emotional state, amount of sleep, whatever). Zone in on the task at hand, not entertain thoughts of insecurities, consequences, etc. Just me and the task. It can take some of the pressure off and I can feel calmer and more focused.

And like wolfy said, even if you fail, it’s a learning experience. More to work with next time.