• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's it like to be a Thinker?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) What goes on in your mind when you're thinking? How would you describe it?
Mostly I'm thinking of what I am doing at the time. I'm usually trying to gauge what is important information and what information I can discard. When I'm inspired or something really interests me and gets my mind going then it's just a whirlwind of activity where I'm connecting random thoughts/ideas and trying building one collective, cohesive idea out of them.
2) How much does logics weight in on your decisions and how much does feelings come into play? How do you determine whether you've over-thinked?
It depends on what area of my life I'm making decisions on. Mostly logic will override emotional choices when I don't have enough "observable evidence" of what my emotions are telling me. But emotions play a part in a lot of my decisions. I just don't react to them spontaneously or immediately.(If I do this it seriously means I'm out of control! Or on the verge of some kind of emotional breakdown :steam:) I have to think about them before I act on them.

If I keep reaching the same conclusions with no new new ideas coming in then I'm over-thinking. This usually means I need more information about said subject of thought and I just stop thinking about it.

3) How easily can you go through the steps you've taken to arrive at a conclusion? Is it automatic? Or does it involve some translation to get it into a form understandable by others?
I can arrive at a conclusion pretty quickly! (unless I'm utilizing or consulting emotions in a decision). It definitely tests my patience to explain an idea to someone who doesn't think the way I do and I hate doing it!
4) Anything else you feel like sharing.[/QUOTE]

Nope

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
2) How much does logics weight in on your decisions and how much does feelings come into play? How do you determine whether you've over-thinked?
3) How easily can you go through the steps you've taken to arrive at a conclusion? Is it automatic? Or does it involve some translation to get it into a form understandable by others?
4) Anything else you feel like sharing.

1. Combination of manipulation of images and conversation with myself. Pre-eminent problem is whether the given situation makes sense. Conscious attempt to place things within an appropriate relationship scheme - lack of Te means it won't be regimented.

2. Somewhere around 80% of the time, though that number is falling as Fe strengthens within my personality. There's a forming understanding that social stability and standing are often the more logical output than purely materialistic logic. This also helps with the reconciliation of the non-intuitive aspects of reality - sometimes theory has to be put aside, and one must go with what works.

3. Depends on the subject. If Ne is fully engaged, there's hardly any explaining of the process - it all happened much too quickly. To compound that, the cognition generally occurred within the visual sphere - I can't explain why it's right, but I've seen that it's right, so it's right. At this point, usually I'll have to physically do it or draw a picture. Other times, I'll talk out the logical progression - which can tend to piss people off, because the tone of voice I use in this process can come across as very condescending (I'm not trying to be, it's just that if I don't slow down, things will get lost in the translation between visual and verbal).

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

A lot, a whole damn lot. I'd describe it as a two lane highway. There's a lot of visual thought as well as global interpretation. As to be able to think about multiple subjects simultaniously. Brainstorming is like an huge intersection. Everything going all kinds of ways at once.

Vroom vroom!

Logic always weighs a lot. It's a perogative of my thoughts. Feeling only comes into play when assesing someone elses feelings. My own feelings are generally left out of the picture, for as long as I remain logic, my feelings will not be hurt. But since I don't control someone elses feelings. I may hit the breaks when I notice that someone else is getting hurt. I avoid collisions!

Depends really, sometimes it's really easy. Sometimes I just can't find the right words for it. I've had moments where it was crystal clear in my head. But I had no idea how to interpret it with the right words. You know, trying to write it down, but everytime I wrote it down, the written form had aspects and interpretations that were not meant and somehow there didn't seem to be a perfect way of saying what I was thinking. Without the need to write a whole damn essay about it covering all angles.

4) Anything else you feel like sharing.

I'm currently thinking about buttocks.