User Tag List

First 56789 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    They bait you with cookies to the dark side, and then give you none.

Who does that?
    exactly my point

EDIT: Oh and.....

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    It's entirely true; as an INTJ I openly admit that I order the environment to help order myself, I succeed through achievements in my environment as well. That really does follow from having Pi-Je (Ni-Te) in the dominant and tertiary. But it has an upside that I can turn up in an environment and make myself useful in it. By contrast INTPs have Ji-Pe (Ti-Ne) and don't feel the need to define themselves through their environment and but tend to only find themselves to be productive in roles that fit their internal definition.

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    They bait you with cookies to the dark side, and then give you none.

Who does that?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    On the surface he is brilliant, extremely successful and handsome. He has done very well for himself. He is comfortable discussing ways in which he thinks he's awesome as well as deeply unhappy and cynical. Despite these things, he is very loving, affectionate, and empathetic to those he loves.

But he coldly rationalizes behavior that worries me. He is technically honest. I have never known him to lie, but he is a pretty talented wordsmith. One example I've seen: rather than tell a woman he's moved on, he quietly slips away and after several days emails her to say he "is going quiet as he needs time with his head." He has actually started sleeping with someone else. To friends, he will say of the first girl, "We are no longer seeing each other. We remain friends, though." And to his new lover who asks who he is dating concurrently? "What is "dating?" (lengthy conversation ensues, he tries to squirm out of it). Then, "I briefly dated another woman. She knows I wasn't 100% sure about her. We are friends but no longer seeing each other in person." And when his former lover eventually figures out--two weeks later--that he's effectively dumped her, he tells her: "It wasn't actually my belief that we were no longer dating, but since you seem to suggest that we have stopped dating...yes. You are clearly unhappy so that seems reasonable to me. I am comfortable with that."

NONE of this is technically dishonest. He is simply a master at getting people to do/behave in ways which suit him; he will carefully and cold-heartedly weed out early those who are unwilling to play along and says he never regrets the consequences of his actions. He is also open about the fact that he prefers to be "mentally and/or physically dominant" with women he dates. An observation is that his driver's license pic looks like a goddamn serial killer. I nearly dropped it when i saw it. I have never seen such a cold, hateful, empty look on another person's face. It shocked me because he usually wears a very neutral mask. This thing looked like it belonged in a police lineup.

- Do any of you INTJs find yourselves engaging in similar behavior (mental/physical dominance, manipulation, exposing facets of a situation to someone, in order to increase the likelihood that they will comply?)
    I do the whole verbal gymnastics thing quite a bit, especially if I don't trust the person I'm talking to, or feel as if there was something to gain from saying or admitting a particular fact. As for the manipulation part, I'll admit he sounds a bit more dark than the average INTJ, what with the controlling nature and evil driver's license photo. I'm a bit more laid-back when it comes to emotional control, but I still do manipulate information that people receive to better my position. So, yeah, not many people know the full story when it comes to our type. If one of us does let you have it, be very aware that what you do with that information could make or break your relationship with him/her, and also know that we're watching you to make sure you don't betray us in some fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    I do the whole verbal gymnastics thing quite a bit, especially if I don't trust the person I'm talking to, or feel as if there was something to gain from saying or admitting a particular fact. As for the manipulation part, I'll admit he sounds a bit more dark than the average INTJ, what with the controlling nature and evil driver's license photo. I'm a bit more laid-back when it comes to emotional control, but I still do manipulate information that people receive to better my position. So, yeah, not many people know the full story when it comes to our type. If one of us does let you have it, be very aware that what you do with that information could make or break your relationship with him/her, and also know that we're watching you to make sure you don't betray us in some fashion.
    so how would you INTJs respond to someone calling you out on the verbal gymnastics? say:
    - before you fully trust them
    - once you fully trust them

?
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Banned

so how would you INTJs respond to someone calling you out on the verbal gymnastics? say:

?
    Well... it depends.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

?
    Before I trusted them: more verbal gymnastics, followed by a healthy amount of bullshit to brick up the walls. A good analogy is those scrambler suits from "A Scanner Darkly" (not that you've read that, but hey, it still works): the less they know about me, the better it is for me to alter things around me.

After I trusted them: depending on how it was called, I'd either range from taking it as constructive criticism or a bad habit on my part. Generally the people I trust (and I believe currently there are four of them) know everything there is to know about me, and if I'm not honest with them, that's something I need to correct. I treat them much differently from the average rabble, and make a visible effort not to dodge questions from them, no matter how difficult or hard-to-answer they may be. So if they call me on it, I'll generally admit that yes, I was messing around, and give them a straight answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still havent figured out if intjs are using their light or dark side on me or if its any of that kind at all.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

now i'm getting worried. why have so many people privately commented (i'm talking 6+) that he:
    - sounds like a sociopath
    - sounds like a psychopath
    - reminds a few of you of various rapists, murderers, child molesters with whom you have somehow had direct or indirect contact*

i deeply appreciate your concern and, in some cases, the details which you shared with me. i really don't know what to do about the alarming nature of these warnings, when there seems nearly as much in-thread consensus that there's nothing out of the ordinary. the "delta" between everyone's perspective is deeply troubling.

nothing anyone can do. i have to think this through and decide to abandon ship or proceed with befriending this man. i'm not actually hearing anyone recommending the friend route, however.

*hopefully it's ok to reference private comments in a general sense
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.