• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crying for no apparent reason

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've posted about this several times. It has no specific weight....it just happens.

Creepy....but normal.

Yep.

Hell plus I've come to believe there is reason for everything, even if you can't formulate the thoughts for it at that particular moment of leakage. Fuckit. Let it all come out.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
if i start crying and i can't find a reason for it,
i just end up laughing. so i rarely cry. not even
at funerals. maybe if i was harboring regret,
and now they're dead, and it's just more about
me...

i'm terrible at staying unhappy. i can never stay
unhappy for too long.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It could be a release but it sounds more like depression, or at least a chemical imbalance affecting your moods.

How do you feel before, during and after?

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So it's stopped now?

But I wonder why it seems to have no real association to anything.
There is no focal point to it.

I know that problem.

When you cried like this, did it feel bad? Good? Neutral? What did the whole experience bring in terms of sensations? How did it compare to the more usual types of crying?

That's all, you know, if you don't mind me asking!

T

ThatGirl

It had/has a very specific weight actually.. I had refused to mourn for my EX.. Fighting a losing battle was killing me inside and out.. Now I allow myself to mourn and I feel much better.. The crying has stopped. The anger is fading and I am accepting my fate.
It's all good :)

Yeah that wasn't my experience.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
It could be a release but it sounds more like depression, or at least a chemical imbalance affecting your moods.

How do you feel before, during and after?

My counselor got to me admit I was depressed.. I wasn't admitting it and "we" (as in the forum for example) saw what was happening to me as things welled up inside.
I wasn't allowing myself to admit I was hurt, that I am hurt, and that it's OK to really mourn for what I have lost.
I felt since it is all my responsibility ( It isn't actually) ,that I am not allowed to tend to myself and feel bad (sorry for myself).
Admitting It hurts and that I am sad about things has been catharsis.
OH, that, and finally admitting maybe my childhood was not "normal" like I am prone to saying it was.

I don't think I have a chemical imbalance. None of my therapists have thought so either.
They say I am simply too defensive and too good at convincing people they can't hurt me.
Apparently I do not like feeling vulnerable. Anytime I do.. I panic.

So it's stopped now?

I know that problem.

When you cried like this, did it feel bad? Good? Neutral? What did the whole experience bring in terms of sensations? How did it compare to the more usual types of crying?

That's all, you know, if you don't mind me asking!

I am feeling a lot better lately, Thanks.

When it was happening it just felt confusing.
I didn't really feel any better or worse.
I just wondered why I was crying and thinking about why, befuddled me.