• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you told another TypologyCl member they're useless, meaningless or unpopular?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No, but I've told them that their ideas are useless and meaningless. That's not the same thing, though... is it?

KDude

Then again, further questions arise. What benefit could someone receive from this kind of a treatment that has no good intentions associatied with it whatsoever?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really out to uphold my sense of pride to the extreme or anything, but I have to speak my mind sometimes. That's beneficial in and of itself. If you don't see that, then whatever. If you mean beneficial to others, in one case, I had to hear other people's frustrations with a person in PM. It wasn't that they needed help really.. But I had to add to the mix. I don't think this necessarily accomplishes things all the time.. it's not like people are going to change if you tell them off. I still don't care. What am I supposed to do? Be all Buddha like and understanding of everyone's sides and getting along all of the time. Why? I'm not a Buddhist.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No, but I've told them that their ideas are useless and meaningless. That's not the same thing, though... is it?
That fits both the definition of war via proxy, and "having things fight, not persons".

In any case, I'm disappointed that a simple categorization didn't solve the underlying question.

With TG's A-D, those seem live a deserving case of talkboard wrath.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, but they know how to take it, coming from me.

O

Oberon

"If you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, the work becomes corrupted, impure, and ultimately self-destructive."

-- Lennier in "Comes the Inquisitor"

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

-- Vir Cotto in "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum"

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

-- Vir Cotto in "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum"

An awesome Bab 5 quote as well, though I fail to see the relevance :)

wolfy

awsm
No. If someone is useless, meaningless or unpopular there isn't much use in telling them.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't told any member that they are useless or meaningless because I haven't encountered a member who is either of the two.

I haven't told a member that they were unpopular because there has been no need for me to tell an unpopular member that.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've told myself that. Does that count?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, that wouldn't count as another member ;)

But even if you haven't gone viral like some of the members here, you are still very useful and with lots of awesome meanings.

Lark

There's another thread which looks like its going to be fulfilling this one.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think I have ever stated so in public.. I have privately wondered about a few people's actual value as far as existing goes.. But That's not for me to decide .. I mean even if, I can't find one endearing quality about someone.. They are still Bio-Degradable. :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Useless, meaningless, or unpopular? What kind of insults are those? Of course I wouldn't say anything that lame (though I have called statements meaningless...just not members.)