• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Ti headache - how do you handle it?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're so logical it makes your head hurt?

Where exactly did anybody say that anywhere in this thread?:shock:

Besides, this is not about being a robot.

According to some of the definitions of Introverted Thinking, it seems as though this function can be described as taking a holistic, right-brained approach to observing and understanding the variables, causality, and inner-mechanics of an idea or situation. This information is generally too specific to subjective experience and too ethereal for most Extraverted Thinking to understand.

The aspects of this general definition which seems to illuminate a connection between this function and most notions of Critical Thinking would be in how Critical Thinking is, much like Introverted Thinking contrasted to Extraverted Thinking, involved in understanding the logical consistency inherent in the mechanics of an argument, idea or any system of principles which rely on self-consistency in order to function reliably. Critical thinking, unlike problem-solving, is less directed towards the application of ideas to a conflicting situation, and more concerned with the overall logical cogency of an intellectual construct, regardless of the construct's intentions towards the external. Furthermore, in order to use critical thinking effectively, one needs to have an understanding of a "situation's many variables", in order to judge that the "larger picture" is being sustained by the smaller components acting in synchronicity with one another, regardless of one's ability to interpret the rules from more linear processes

It's when the pieces of the puzzle don't seem to fit or that something important is left out that Ti gets anxious.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It's more when you become aware of innate reasoning errors in supposed professional's arguments and viewpoints that causes a significant amount of mental distress. It's just how we work.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First sentence of the OP...

Do you mean this?:
There seems to be something, let us call it the Ti headache, that makes you cringe and go up the walls when somebody uses an abusive quantity of logical fallacies in his or her argumentation.

It says an abusive quantity of logical fallacies is bothersome. Nowhere does it claim personal superiority.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you mean this?:

It says an abusive quantity of logical fallacies is bothersome. Nowhere does it claim personal superiority.

Sorry. I was just being snippy. It's first thing on a Monday.
I get it. You hate logical incoonsistency. That's reason enough not to watch those morning political shows! For your own health, stay away from theblaze.com (G Beck's site).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, that kind of thing makes me want to rip my eyes out. You've got to let it out. If you can't do that face-to-face, find another outlet. Spelling out the logical inconsistencies in some sort of public forum helps me feel better, and solidarity is Ti-headache codeine.

^ Excellent advice here.

Head->desk->Repeat.

Though that just masks one type of headache with another...

It's when the pieces of the puzzle don't seem to fit or that something important is left out that Ti gets anxious.

Maybe assistance for this persistent unease could be addressed too

You're so logical it makes your head hurt?

Sorry. I was just being snippy. It's first thing on a Monday.
I get it. You hate logical incoonsistency. That's reason enough not to watch those morning political shows! For your own health, stay away from theblaze.com (G Beck's site).

I'm glad you didn't decide to create another headache for us =P And the thing about political shows and G Beck is also good advice for all of our health...

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Excellent advice here.
Yup, I've got a friend who often calls me just to let go of some steam because of some bs he's been reading or hearing somewhere.

Though that just masks one type of headache with another...

And it's a bit unhealthy to sustain longterm.

Maybe assistance for this persistent unease could be addressed too
That's what I hoped to get out of starting this thread.

B

brainheart

Commune with nature. Don't hang out with people who talk incessantly. Do something creative, not mental.

rav3n

Ti as a dominant function can give its environment a headache. Tylenol 3's used to help. - Ex-Ti serial dater.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Head->desk->Repeat.

bang_head_here_anti_stress_card-p137702489283456750qi0i_400.jpg

Escapism.

Yeah, that.

Actually, I consider dismantling poor arguments to be recreation.