• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hatred- useful or poisonous?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i just dont get it, if everyone here hates him so much then why are you discussing it... why do people antagonize over things they hate, if i hate something then i dont grace it with my attention

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aren't you special!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hate is a passionate emotion, both turbulent and loud.

I don't "hate" the things that I am neutral towards, ignorant of, or don't care about. Those things, which are most things, I'm benignly apathetic about.

I don't think that hatred can be ignored, rather I think that hatred should be confronted, resolved, and extinguished.

It's toxic stuff.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
its not snobbery, it's just sense... basking in things you hate tends to be absorbed and result in an overall hateful attitude

I hadn't noticed this thread taking on a hateful tone. Seems pretty playful overall.

To more directly answer your question, though: Once upon a time, somebody asked a question. Other people answered the first person's question. Their answers raised other questions & observations. Then the thread got silly. The End.

(Damn, I'm going to get this thread to a Fluffery all by myself if I don't go to sleep soon.)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
dude its not snobbery, it's just sense... basking in things you hate tends to be absorbed and result in an overall hateful attitude

It's also fun to do occasionally. Not everyone here is entirely serious about hating him. He's an annoyance, for most. Playful and arguing banter won't always become an overall hateful attitude either. Aside from this Thread when it ends, unless I catch Nocaps Avatar :dry:, I won't even recall the guy's proper name (Is it Cook or Cock? ;)) I'm pretty sure this will pass for most people who responded in this thread.

You can bask for a while, just be sure not to bake! :D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think that hatred can be ignored, rather I think that hatred should be confronted, resolved, and extinguished.

i would agree in the sense that hatred is often a symptom of something that should be addressed, but it's not uncommon for it to just be plain old pointless...

To more directly answer your question, though: Once upon a time, somebody asked a question. Other people answered the first person's question. Their answers raised other questions & observations. Then the thread got silly. The End.

once upon a time someone tried to prompt a potentially interesting discussion!

the unnecessarily harsh tone is my fault, so my apologies for that. despite that i think there is an interesting concept here, by all means continue with the silliness :party2:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
its not snobbery, it's just sense... basking in things you hate tends to be absorbed and result in an overall hateful attitude
I don't know about you, but I hate much less than I love, like or don't care for.

The few things that do evoke feelings of hatred within me are therefore viewed as valid issues I need to confront, analyze and resolve.

A lot of my psychological growth has been founded as a direct result of my confronting, understanding and ultimately dismantling those things which I happened to once hate.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
maybe im just out of touch, but i have a hard time summoning hatred, and although anger doesnt equate to hatred, i rarely get very angry either

im much more inclined to understand, solve, or accept than to hate. who knows, maybe this is an unhealthy viewpoint, but i think hatred is inefficient.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Those who ignore their hatred tend to eventually become consumed by it.

Hatred should definitely be confronted, definitely!!!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i would agree in the sense that hatred is often a symptom of something that should be addressed, but it's not uncommon for it to just be plain old pointless...

once upon a time someone tried to prompt a potentially interesting discussion!

the unnecessarily harsh tone is my fault, so my apologies for that. despite that i think there is an interesting concept here, by all means continue with the silliness :party2:

Actually, I think the concept is interesting enough to warrant its own thread- the Dane Cook one, I don't see as a real example of hatred.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
maybe im just out of touch, but i have a hard time summoning hatred, and although anger doesnt equate to hatred, i rarely get very angry either

im much more inclined to understand, solve, or accept than to hate. who knows, maybe this is an unhealthy viewpoint, but i think hatred is inefficient.
You probably don't, or haven't experienced hate.

Hatred is not inefficient, rather it's a strong emotional response to a perceived grave injustice.

I think hate is a healthy step to understanding human evil, or flagrant injustice.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have hated a lot of yucky truths about life, before I learned to detach myself from taking things personally, and accept them as objective facts.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So would you say that hatred is a symptom of an lack of objectivity?

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
there are things i consider myself to hate, but i dont really feel hate much

would you say that hatred is a symptom of an lack of objectivity?

feelings are ultimately what gives logic a purpose, what drives people... without human emotion, who knows where we'd be. at least with me, however, i tend to focus on what should be done about something instead of how i feel about it. although there are definitely times where how i feel about something becomes important to making that decision, hate doesnt seem like an example of that.

i quickly gloss over the fact that i hate something and why i hate it, because it's usually obvious. if some guy was torturing an animal, although i would hate what he is doing (it's fairly apparent why) i would rather spend my attention stopping it than going over my feelings in that case.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So would you say that hatred is a symptom of an lack of objectivity?
Yeah, I would.

The kilowatts of hate that I once felt for my father were generated/fueled by my taking his sociopathy personally.

The moment I am/was able to accept that he was a sociopath, in and of himself, and that my having to deal with him growing up was the result of nothing more than circumstantial bad luck, allows/allowed me to step outside of the me-me-me hurricane and realize it could have been worse.

You take the good, you take the bad...

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
how would you say your course of action differs between the point of feeling something and stepping outside of your feeling? do you ever think there are cases where feelings should be followed in and of themselves?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can feel and simultaneously understand why I am feeling what I feel.

I am, and have always been incredibly vigilant about recognizing and registering my emotions.

In fact, rarely, if ever do I feel controlled by my emotions, rather I am ultimately controlled by my thoughts while being guided by, and under the influence, (albeit knowingly), of my emotions.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hatred is sometimes useful but usually poisonous.