• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC INTJs versus INTJForum INTJs

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think anything tends to separate the kind of INTJ who prefers TypeC over INTJForum, and vice versa? Why would someone prefer one vs. the other?

I spent a little bit of time there. Some seemed overly direct and a little rude :). I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

I'd be interested in hearing what INTJs and non-INTJs have to say on this.

Nicodemus

Everything they have there, we can also have here; while everything we have here, they cannot have there - provided that INTJForum has only INTJ members.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything they have there, we can also have here; while everything we have here, they cannot have there - provided that INTJForum has only INTJ members.

They're not all INTJs though. WoodsWoman has a very impressive blog for example.

Nicodemus

I have never been there. I see no reason to visit another forum because its members are less diverse.

G

garbage

You don't get nearly the breadth of opinions that you would in a "mixed forum." On the other hand, you woudn't have to cater to a wide audience, so you can "specialize" the rules and the discussion threads.

I haven't participated in much discussion on type-specific forums, but, to me, they just seem to have the same threads and sentiments repeated ad nauseum.

I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

this is absolutely hilarious

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have an account there.. I haven't been there in over a year.. It seemed cool enough though.
I also have an account at INFJf as well , haven't been there in forever either.
I think too much of one type in one place is not really a good idea, an us VS the world mentality is present in both places, and there isn't enough opposing views.

A sports forum I used to hang out on removed all references to other forums as well.
I guess if it's being run for profit , you don't want to advertise for the competition.??

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJf is definitely a bit weaker with respect to the collective understanding of types and functions, but there is a better understanding of INTJs as a type.

Another oddity I have noticed is a surfeit of mistyped INTJs. A large fraction of the membership consists of those who originally tested or typed as INTJ and subsequently discovered their type to be different. Some end up as self identified INFJs, or INTPs or ENTPs, or INFPs. They rarely re-type themselves as S, though, except for the occasional joke or experiment.

I suspect a very large fraction of INTJs over there to be mistyped INFJs, based on their discussion/debate/argument styles. They believe themselves to be logical and rational, and not particularly nice, and thus test as T instead of F, even though (to my understanding and perception) they're using NiFe to argue their points. This is just my opinion, and I would never mention my opinion of their type unless they asked. Frankly, I believe that INFJs are as smart and logical and rational as INTJs, but they're just looking at a different set of standards for evaluation - which is why it's so easy to mistype oneself one way or the other.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like a control freak made that decision.

Hey! Let's not be insensitive here. I believe the proper term is "control person".

G

garbage

"controlling prick"

I suspect a very large fraction of INTJs over there to be mistyped INFJs, based on their discussion/debate/argument styles. They believe themselves to be logical and rational, and not particularly nice, and thus test as T instead of F, even though (to my understanding and perception) they're using NiFe to argue their points.

Also, I'd love to see what this difference looks like to you. It's a pretty interesting thought :popc1:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I'd love to see what this difference looks like to you. It's a pretty interesting thought :popc1:

What I've noticed is that where I'm used to hearing a "Te style" argument from an INTJ, which is concerned with things and logistics and how things can be analytically broken down into various processes, there is instead a focus more on Ti-style systematic self-consistency. It's rather odd, because I get the definite Ni vibe where internal assumptions and perspectives are malleable, and it's definitely INxJ in approach, the reasoning is more INTP-ish - an Ni-Ti approach, instead of Ni-Te. There is a definite lack of the Fi vibe, where one is more concerned of an overall concept of right and wrong (if rather personally biased), and a Fe vibe that is definitely there but not emphasized. I sense the Fe-ness more from the values arguments, which are generally pragmatic and brought up as arguments rather than overall principles.

In particular, I know I'm dealing with an INFJ instead of an INTJ when they become convinced that they know what I "really think" in spite of what I've said, that they think they know me better than I know myself. Where an INTJ will just call me stupid or evil when their arguments slouch towards irrationality, INFJs will start psychoanalyzing me. INTJs don't usually pretend to have such insight into human nature. This only happens in more stressful discussions, obviously. Without the stress points, I doubt I'd be able to detect INFJs typed as INTJs at all. They are very logically- and technically- minded Ni doms.

Again, this is all just opinion, based on personal experience and my personal understanding of Ni, Fe, Te, Ti and Fi. I don't intend it as an authoritative or absolute statement.

MBTI Type
INTJ
From my limited visits, I'd say that INTJs at INTJf are kind of like college kids who have just discovered politics. I think they're younger, more ardent, more sure of themselves, and less aware of how the world works. Immature INTJs are pretty insufferable. I think we have a more reasoned, mature group here.

rav3n

When you get type specific sites, it leans towards conforming to the stereotype instead of being human or yourself (these two can differ). ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
never been to INTJf i tend to avoid type specific forums for the reason metaphor gave. But some of the INTJs on here I don't have any problems with, while others I want to stab in the face for being so insufferable. that being said it's only a small minority of INTJs I want to stab in the face.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTJforum is appalling; not because I dislike the INTJs there - but because of the cranky non-INTJ mediators who spend their time making it an SJ forum where everyone requires a PhD to be allowed an opinion. Fact's are not logically deduced they are assumed to be correct based upon post count and friend count. It's not my cup of tea despite many people continually trying to get me to post there.

My problem with INTJ forum is simply that it is not INTJ friendly. People are not given an equal voice and there is little dignity to proceedings.

INFJforum is more pleasant, shame you can't have a decent conversation about anything remotely interesting.

INTPforum never gets anywhere, nothing is supplied which is new.

ENFPforum... doesn't... work... properly... :shrug:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't been there in a while, but from what I remember... the INTJs there were great people, but several of them seemed intellectually deficient (but don't tell them I said that! You know how NTs get when you question their competence).

Do you know what was embarrassing, though? Because of the Fe/Fi conflict, I ended up often appearing to be the insensitive and detached one in the group, while everyone else was relating to some kind of Fi thing an INFP was posting that I just DID NOT GET. :doh:

They were some of the sweetest and rudest INTJs I've ever met, though. A lot of them were so nice to me, although I kept offending their sensibilities on accident. I guess they just cared about making me understand their point. And a couple of them were just amazingly... intense. There was one guy who just kept trying to bully me into accepting his viewpoint, but I just kept calmly refuting him... and at the end, he agreed with me, felt horrible for how aggressive he'd been, and thanked me for putting up with him. I met some great people on there, most of whom came to this forum sooner or later.

I was only on that forum at first because I had gotten mad over something that had happened here, and needed time to cool down before I could come back. I assumed a room full of INTJs would be a good place to learn how to calm down, as detached as those guys are supposed to be. Didn't work out quite like I planned, but it did work out pretty well. The forum got a little ridiculous when I noticed they started censoring the names of other forums, though... that's about the time when I stopped going back.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Generally, but not always, I believe that the INTJ who prefers INTJf found it first, while the INTJ who prefers TypeC found this one first.

It gets bagged a lot for being so controlling, and it is, but it was my first forum and there are some good (and despite rumours, mature) people there. It's just insular.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I also noticed there is a program that runs which removes references to other typology forums. So, if you mention TypeC, it strips the reference out.

The forum got a little ridiculous when I noticed they started censoring the names of other forums, though... that's about the time when I stopped going back.

It's about not wanting to share link juice. If I ran a typology forum I wouldn't want to share link juice with TypoC either. Competition. Business decision.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Prolly plays a part but not all forums are blocked, it's about cutting down on cross-forum drama, INTPc in particular seems to enjoy spamming the forum from time to time, for the sake of spamming it, easiest way to stop that is not let it start in the first place.