• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

cat and mouse

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
lol.

wildcat's answer.

INTPs tend to overanalyse. It could be as simple as that. $$$. ?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
;) but combine an apparently friendly harmless prisoner with the ability to mastermind an escape and you have an excellent manipulator who could convince the guards to let them go! :)

prison guards are people too! :yes:

:rofl1: question for you: can you kill another man in cold blood?

They have far too high opinions of INTJs. :smile:

This is actually very much of a beloved INTP pastime.

As long as nobody comes along and tells me how stupid my answer is, I think the guy is an ISTP, INTP, ESTP or perhaps ENTJ, or ESTJ, in that order. It's one thing to be mentally capable of conceiving of such a plan, but it's another to have the physical finesse to carry out the plan.

As far as the shadows go, I see them only as being good for doing "stupid" things, not for the benefits as when they are primary.

Interestingly, myself and someone else here thinks the person is the same type as their spouse. My husband is ISTP. Funny how the types we admire comes into play here.

nope. This is elfie's thread. No such thing as stupidity. Always something to be learnt. :yes:

ISTP: could you please elaborate why? Because i don't know any ISTPs in real life, so i have no measure.

Physical fitness: the guy has a limp.

1. I am a Nocturne with a King James Bible. Jamie is a beauty.

2. Plan I > Plan II > Plan III > on the spur. Keyword elasticity.

3. Dingling dangling sound.

4. Money makes the world around. Dingling dangling sound. (Third in the hierarchy..)

LOL. Not so easy, meowie. :D This is an elfin game. :devil:

The guards cannot be bribed. They can, however, be won with sympathy.

Elasticity. What does that require? A J for planning, an N for seeing possibility. Right? Or it is the combinations. an NP, then?

Mouse will clarify for elfie...

You want an NT for logic... the stereotypical escape artist type that can weasel his or her way out of anything would be ENTP (Ne Ti). However jail break from a top security prison requires a great deal more planning and in depth understanding of how the system as a whole works (people dynamics, hierarchical structure in the prison, security check points etc). Ne from the ENTP in this case might not be the best for in depth analysis like Ni does (INTJ or ENTJ). Doing the unexpected truly belongs to the N dominant... hence I picked ENTP vs INTJ as oppose to INTP and ENTJ... although there's always more than one way of escaping.

Hell... if you have enough bribe money as wildcat indicated... you can bribe your way out from jail and out of the country if corruption is rampant in the said country. :devil: This way no master planning involved. Just got to know who's bribe-able and will stay brought for long enough to let you escape.

Master planning would be required. Not just to escape, but to know your guards well enough that you can trick them. It is not money that helps a mouse escape. It is sympathy from the cats.

Which mouse is best at gaining sympathy? At charm? Which mouse has patience and is detailed, meticulous enough to see the system, then its flaws, and then to game the system? Remember: a ruthless, escape artist.

Shadow has to come in somewhere, isn't it? No person cannot be under duress, running for 5 years and imprisoned for 1.

Alternatively, the degrees of the personalities.

Elfie introduces a new parameter: X.

but on which side of the X?

_N_ _

One of the four is in place. If not two. _NT_.

Play on. This gets better. :static:

:nice: to you guys.

Note: the above should not discourage other forumers from posting their original answers. Justification makes truth. Truth is never absolute.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Mind game. Elfie wants to play.

Questions:

1) What type of personality are you?

2) How did you manage to escape? Planned, or on the spur?

3) With help, or without? (Would it have been possible to escape alone?)

4) How would you escape out of the country, given the tight security? [/B]

1. Oh, let's say INFP today.

2. I'd probably have had at least 5-10 nitpickily considered plans for different circumstances. I'd had the plans thought out long before I actually worked myself up to using them, but the boredom of prison was driving me mad and in a strangely decisive moment I saw my chance and took it.

3. Without. Unquestionably. I never trusted any fellow inmates enough to mention any serious desire for or method for escaping.

4. If I'm really #3 in a cartel, I have people I can count on to help me here. My first priority is making contact, after that I find a good hiding spot and lie low until help arrives. Once I have access to henchmen and my $$$, have henchman #1 lay a false trail, and have henchman #2 take me (under disguise) anywhere I can use a small boat to get into international waters. Rendezvous with a nice yacht offshore and enjoy a nice refreshing cruise before getting smuggled into my country of choice.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

INFP

Had a friend outside rig the transformers to explode; electronics die out to a quarter mile and the electrical would be out for at least 6 miles around. I open the window in the room that I had loosened up earlier; pick up a knife, some chocolate bars, and two preped needles of meth left for me and run for the bushes.

Needed the transformer blown and the package left for me.

4) How would you escape out of the country, given the tight security?

Straight into the wilderness I go; shoot up, down a bar, keep going. My escape would be through a heavily wooded area on the boarder and I'd come out of the woods at a planned spot on friendly soil. I'd have to spend a few weeks recovering after burning all that energy with the meth.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Physical fitness: the guy has a limp.

The guards cannot be bribed. They can, however, be won with sympathy.
*grumbles* Elfie never makes things easy huh?

The limp... can be a disability or an asset. I need more details on the limp. Is the limp merely awkward (and thus recognizable) or does it also slow the person down? If it does not interfere with mobility to much... play up on it. Exaggerate for sympathy from the guards.

Elasticity. What does that require? A J for planning, an N for seeing possibility. Right? Or it is the combinations. an NP, then?
Elasticity = being able to adapt. If one method doesn't seem to work, you have to be able to reverse gear and attempt another. ENTJ (Te dominant) and to some degree INTP (Ti dominat) I found are more "stiff", their thinking does not U-turn as quickly. Hesitancy might cost you the game. Yet you still need sufficient planning. I would have say INTJ if they didn't also have the tendency of freezing up until too much stress.

In a way the same can be said for an INFJ. They're probably the most flexible J type there is. Fe isn't that stiff. Logic being handled with the tertiary Ti is a concern though... so is the difficult of hiding their intentions. One of the reasons INFJs are good at reading people is because they unconsciously present a "likeable" front. They're very open with expressions (facial and body) that makes the other unconsciously open up more... and thus allowing expressions to be easier to read. (Oh I do hate giving away all the secrets, but what the heck!) So no, overall INFJ will not be good for this task. Unless the INFJ can worm his or her way into the hearts of all the guards. Somehow deliberately cause he/herself pain (stomachache etc) then play up on the severity of the pain then make escape. Although they'll definitely need an outside contact. They can't fake things for too long.

Which mouse is best at gaining sympathy? At charm? Which mouse has patience and is detailed, meticulous enough to see the system, then its flaws, and then to game the system? Remember: a ruthless, escape artist.
Elfie already knows this... it's a balance about gaining enough sympathy yet still maintain enough ruthlessness in order to game the system. Too soft, you get sympathy but will be stuck sitting in the hole. Too ruthless, you'll never win the sympathy. What is the most balance N? I dunno. But N dominant (INXJ, ENXP) certainly looks better... with inferior S as oppose to inferior F or T.

Shadow has to come in somewhere, isn't it? No person cannot be under duress, running for 5 years and imprisoned for 1.

Alternatively, the degrees of the personalities.

Elfie introduces a new parameter: X.

but on which side of the X?
I do not understand what elfie means by shadow... yes the person will break after prolong stress... the question here isn't which broken shadow is the most useful... the question is which type is least likely to break all the way to the inferior shadow. Again, the most flexible, and thus the most balance type. Which one might that be? Mouse has no clue...

ygolo

My termites win

I would be an ENTJ.

Planned. I already escaped the jail (a trivial matter of having several of my hired guns knock-out/kill the guards, take the keys, etc.). Now, it is a matter of escaping the country.

Plenty of help. But I am always in charge (except when dealing with my two superiors to whom I show deference--I'm no fool).

4) How would you escape out of the country, given the tight security?

There are several agencies after me, but I have moles in each. They're double agents planted there by my syndicate. My minions are loyal and report the agencies efforts in tracking me.

My syndicate also owns their own planes... I'm gone.

These fools were pathetic in thinking they can hold me. The syndicate is a well-oiled machine.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
What type of personality are you? I would be ExTJ.

How did you manage to escape? Planned, or on the spur? I had been secretly planning the escape with an associate for 8 months.

With help, or without? (Would it have been possible to escape alone?)With help of an underworld associate who owed me a favour. He drove a truck in to the prison, and while they were evacuating the building I escaped.

How would you escape out of the country, given the tight security?
I completely change my appearance and identity. I bribed customs, and moved to Russia, they have no extradition treaty with Britain, so they would most likely not extradite me. My underworld contacts put me in touch with Semion Mogilevich and Sergei Mikhailov. I also joined the Solntsevskaya bratva for protection.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ISTP: could you please elaborate why? Because i don't know any ISTPs in real life, so i have no measure.
Well, others disagree with me, but I think the fictional character MacGuyver is a perfect example of an ISTP. He knows all that science stuff and can get himself out of a life and death jam with wires and baking soda. They are excellent at being resourceful with what they have at hand. They have physical prowess. They're great strategic thinkers. I'm a very big fan of theirs. :wubbie:

Truth is never absolute.
Are you absolutely sure that's true?
wink.gif

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Are you absolutely sure that's true?
wink.gif

You're the second INTJ that said that... why is truth absolute? I don't understand...

Objective truth is absolute. Unfortunately none of us can ever obtain that... perception and judgment gets in the way. So in real life, we only get subjective truths... those are not absolute?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You're the second INTJ that said that... why is truth absolute? I don't understand...

Objective truth is absolute. Unfortunately none of us can ever obtain that... perception and judgment gets in the way. So in real life, we only get subjective truths... those are not absolute?
I was just kinda teasing - playing with the words - hence the winking smilie.

If you want to know about absolute truth, perhaps you could attend a debate.