• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adults who watch Anime. How old is TOOOOooooooo old?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when should someone stop watching anime....19?20?40?

could watching cartoons be a sign of mental retardation? or some psychological disorder?

latest

u hurt me right in the feelz

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No such thing as "too old"!

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ya'll can do what you like but i'd never be attracted to a guy that's into cartoons as i'm not a peadophile.

Enneagram
9w1
I hate this thread topic because now Im thinking about how everyone is going to die; please change title to remove uncomfortable nihilistic sentiments. :'(

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't watch it, because don't really like it. but until you no longer enjoy it/dead. though if you're dead you could go haunt an anime fan and watch with them. you two could be buds.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think you can get too old for anime. It only becomes a problem when people are creepy with it.

S16M4

Permabanned
Early 30s now. Never been accused of geekery, but I do like: Samurai Champloo, Basilisk, and Death Note. These are the only ones I remember.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who cares. If you like it you like it. Big deal. Not telly tubbies shooting rainbows. Not baby stuff. What does it matter? People who judge others as somehow lesser or childish because they watch toons or anime (there IS horror anime you know..) Is a brand of judgementality I never appreciate.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What about hentai?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anime is comforting and I like to watch it. I will continue to do it until those two things are no longer true.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If anybody thinks that anime is kiddy entertainment then they're dead wrong.

Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
5 Centimeters per Second
Barefoot Gen
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Garden of Words

These are only a few anime films which are certainly NOT made for children.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you care, you're too young.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 29, I'm not particularly a fan of anime, but I'm currently SO much enjoying one right now, it's so damn funny :laugh:
Off watching the 10th episode!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Worried about acting the age?

Immature people keep up the stigma about acting the age, as all they have is acting.

I have a weird profile of ages when I stopped a certain immature activity.

I played legos until 13, I climbled to the tops of buildings to the age 10, stopped seeing sex as source of immature humor at an age 11, etc, only to continue sex humor later at an age 30 or so.
The Simpsons, South Park and others can entertain a person of any age. I've stopped reading most comics though. They seemed to not have a thing to offer until I found out adult comics like XKCD, SMBC, Oglaf, S&H and many others.

If a person cared what content their selected comic provides for them, they should check it. If it's good for them in terms of "mature", "adult" or in any other flavor, they should read it. If it's not, they should not watch it, regardless of these age issues.