• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drivers by Type

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Safest driver ISxJ- they're cautious to the point of annoying me :thelook: (my mom is an ISFJ, she warned me about the crazy people out there on the road, but eventually realized that she was warning me about myself :rolleyes:)

- Most-dangerous driver - INFPs- I'm even terrified to ride with my INFP friends! :laugh: they're so out of it most of the time that they fail to notice that they're on a road :cry:

- Most absent minded driver- xNFPs (see above)

- Most skillful driver - STPs ;)

- Least skillfull driver- not sure! :laugh: someone klutzy- probably an N! :)

- Loves driving the most- totally depends on the person- I LOVE to drive, but so does my INTP dad

- Hates driving the most xSFJs- they're convinced that they'll die while driving because of a wreck or something :dry: (the ones I know anyways)

- Doesn't care about being able to drive- ESFPs- those who I know are perfectly happy to have someone else drive them around! :rofl1: (and they're good at getting other people to drive them around!)

-Most likely to drive with a cell-phone in hand - def. ExFx! :laugh:

-Most likely to have fuzzy dice/tchotchkes hanging from rear-view mirror - ExxP who likes all things tacky!

-Most likely to drive uninsured - xxxP (not completely sure othewise! :cry:)

-Most likely to be insured - ISTJ

-Most likely to leave a note after dinging people in a parking lot- xSFJs :)

-Most likely to hit-and-run- on purpose? ISTP, by accident? ExFx on a cell phone, and never even notice? INTP :devil:

-Most likely to stop to help someone with a flat tire - an SJ probably- the ones I grew up around were good about that! :)

- Most likely to buy premium gas - ESTJs

- Most likely to slow down when unsure- IXFJs

-Most likely to speed up when unsure - STPs :blush:

- Most likely to cut across three lanes of traffic at once EXTP

- Most likely to drive a horse and buggy - an Amish person? :huh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I absolutely love driving. Been driving for about 17 years now, never had an accident, never got a ticket, maybe I am just a lucky airhead, but I think I am a pretty okay driver. I drive every chance I get, and don't usually lose it at the shitty drivers here in New York.

Although in Michigan this past weekend, those people very rarely turn on their signals to merge and it is highly annoying, along with flashing red lights at the majority of the traffic lights. What the hell is that about? The only time that happens in NY is when there is a power outage and the light goes to the default standby of "HEY, be careful, I'm not working properly", but in Michigan I guess they do it on purpose.

That's good to hear. I'm also a NY driver, albeit with much less experience than you. I used to be a hellion behind the wheel but I wised up and slowed down. The only thing that still aggavates me is when I'm for example 287 or I95 following the traffic in the left lane and someone cuts me off going about half the speed as those I was following.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Ive been told im the most aggressive driver of all my friends. Ill even tail a cop about 30 feet behind him whos going 70 cause hell get me through the traffic...

I drive a big 91 ford explorer, and if some grandma is infront of me whos going like 30 miles under the speed limit and I cant get around them. I tail them from about a foot away with my hand on the horn utnil they either speed up, move or have a heart attack.

I love my horn :hug:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we should divide Most Dangerous Driver into three sections:

Most dangerous driver who knows what he/she is doing: ISTP

Most dangerous driver who does not know what he/she is doing: INFP

Most reckless driver: ESTP

I try to think of questions 1 and 3 as Robbie Knievel versus Evil Knievel.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a passive aggressive driver: if you tailgate me, I will try getting to the right if I'm not already there and I will speed up a little if I realize I'm not going at least five MPH over the speed limit, but if you don't back off then, I will tap my brakes and eventually slow down to the speed limit or below. I'll go way below the speed limit if it's a no passing zone, just to be an ass.

I am not particularly aware of my surroundings and I do not have the best reflexes in the world and I often have kids along, so I am somewhat cautious, and still I have had several accidents. I am *not* going to drive like a bat out of hell in order to get you to the stop light five seconds sooner. Sorry.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a passive aggressive driver: if you tailgate me, I will try getting to the right if I'm not already there and I will speed up a little if I realize I'm not going at least five MPH over the speed limit, but if you don't back off then, I will tap my brakes and eventually slow down to the speed limit or below. I'll go way below the speed limit if it's a no passing zone, just to be an ass.

I do the slowing-down thing on rare occasions, when the jack*ss behind me is just tailing me too much and I can't get over to the right lane for him to pass, or there isn't a lane to get over into. :blush: I can't stand being tailgated, esp. since it's not like I drive that slow anyway; I'm always 5-10mph over the limit, in a 30-45mph zone, and sometimes higher in the higher zones. And sorry, if someone is just in such a hurry that he has to go 20-25mph over the limit, that's just obnoxious and I'll sometimes punish them from being able to do it. haha.

I like driving, and don't think I'm a bad driver per se, and I also think I'm a defensive driver - just paying attention to who's behind me, who's next to me, being on alert for other drivers who might not be paying attention and might swerve into ME..etc...but on occasion I'll zone out and then 10 minutes later won't exactly remember where I'd just been driving. Fortunately my eyes seem to work on their own even though mentally I'm in la-la-land and am 'seeing' other things?:shock:

My mom, though - an ISTJ with a good dose of general anxiety - has always made me nervous, and a lot of it is that she's simply not a confident driver. This shows, and she's very tense while driving, and tends to make sudden movements - just suddenly put the brakes on, etc. Not a smooth driver at all. She also rarely goes over the speed limit, and sometimes drives a bit under it..but I do think it's due to her lack of confidence in her abilities.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most likely to honk the horn at the person in front of them the second the light turns green: ENTJ

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I do the slowing-down thing on rare occasions, when the jack*ss behind me is just tailing me too much and I can't get over to the right lane for him to pass, or there isn't a lane to get over into. :blush: I can't stand being tailgated, esp. since it's not like I drive that slow anyway; I'm always 5-10 mph over the limit, in a 30-45mph zone, and sometimes higher in the higher zones. And sorry, if someone is just in such a hurry that he has to go 20-25mph over the limit, that's just obnoxious and I'll sometimes punish them from being able to do it. haha.
Yep, I'm usually driving 5-15 mph over the limit, too, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to stay a safe distance behind me. It's so distracting to me to have someone that close back there that I naturally slow down. Then I start to get annoyed.

I like driving, and don't think I'm a bad driver per se, and I also think I'm a defensive driver - just paying attention to who's behind me, who's next to me, being on alert for other drivers who might not be paying attention and might swerve into ME..etc...but on occasion I'll zone out and then 10 minutes later won't exactly remember where I'd just been driving. Fortunately my eyes seem to work on their own even though mentally I'm in la-la-land and am 'seeing' other things?:shock:
Both my husband I are likely to accidentally go where we habitually drive without noticing we are doing it. We call it 'getting on our railroad tracks.'

My mom, though - an ISTJ with a good dose of general anxiety - has always made me nervous, and a lot of it is that she's simply not a confident driver. This shows, and she's very tense while driving, and tends to make sudden movements - just suddenly put the brakes on, etc. Not a smooth driver at all. She also rarely goes over the speed limit, and sometimes drives a bit under it..but I do think it's due to her lack of confidence in her abilities.
If I'm someplace familiar or clearly marked, I do okay. It's when I am lost and flustered that I have problems. At home, I take the back roads just about every time because I hate traffic.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Where to begin (shakes head with disappointment)?

- Unless you are a cop (or adequately armed) you shouldn't try to punish other drivers. I have seen other drivers do some crazy things even when they were the instigator. Be careful!

- I agree that "overly" aggressive drivers are very irritating however it's illogical to slow down BELOW the speed limit. Now both of you are engaged in a juvenile act of idiocy.

- I share you hate of tailgaters. I drive an Acura Integra and almost get run over on a weekly basis.

- Although I wouldn't recommend doing this if you really want to get someone, pull the emergency brake. The brake lights won't light up but you'll stop your car very quickly. :devil:

Oh, and thanks for posting.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like it when a small car decides to sniff the tailgate of a full size manual transmission truck stopped at a light up the side of a hill... :devil:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I like it when a small car decides to sniff the tailgate of a full size manual transmission truck stopped at a light up the side of a hill... :devil:

That is evil. :D

[Edit] BTW, for some reason the Help Desk staff at work has a very high rate of traffic accidents. Luckily I got out alive.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Most likely to decide to run a red light while it's still yellow - ENTJ

Most likely to hesitate while a light is yellow, then run the red - ISFP

Most likely to look for nearby cops, then make a decision whether or not to run a red light - INTJ

Most likely to stop at red lights unfailingly - ISTJ

Most likely to stop at yellow lights annoyingly - ISFJ

Most likely to run a red light because they didn't notice it was red - INFP

Most likely to run a red light because they didn't notice it was there - INTP

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Err, am I missing something here? I think that's the point of red lights.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Err, am I missing something here? I think that's the point of red lights.

And the ISTJ is theoretically the most likely to follow those rules! ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most likely to run a red light because they didn't notice it was red - INFP

My father did this and a cop saw him and she laughed at him and let him go. It was late at night and no one was on the road. He even stopped like it was just a regular street corner then went even though the light was still red. :D

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most likely to drive with a cell-phone in hand ESFX? o_O

That's the type guaranteed to drive with a cell in their hand, even if they're not talking on it.

Ugh... how many accidents happen because someone's text messaging?

Good. They deserve it.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Most likely to decide to run a red light while it's still yellow - ENTJ

:rofl1: This is pretty funny. I've been in the passenger seat next to my sister before and she SPEEDS up during a yellow light and crosses before it turns red. However, when making a left hand turn without a signal- she is usually good about stopping, not wanting to run over pedestrians and all.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rofl1: This is pretty funny. I've been in the passenger seat next to my sister before and she SPEEDS up during a yellow light and crosses before it turns red. However, when making a left hand turn without a signal- she is usually good about stopping, not wanting to run over pedestrians and all.

Who doesn't?