• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common, everyday psychopaths

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes I know one. He's interesting.

He is engaged in criminal activities.
He uses people.
He beats the shit out of people, steals their money, cons them etc.
He's been to prison.
He is very confident, plus he has this evil look on his face.
He doesn't see people as we do, for him, people are means to an end. Something to use in order to gain $. (with a few exceptions, some of his friends who are psycho like him)

He is one sick fuck, but the judges decided nah...he's no danger....he's not killing anyone in the near future so let's set him free.

Interestingly enough, he gets laid quite often. I guess some girls are into potential killers.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dominance is something most people strive for though, isnt' it? Status-seeking in one way or another. In the psychopath, that drive goes unchecked by the normal sorts of inhibitions that stop us from being complete bastards all the time. It actually makes you realise how useful stuff like guilt and shame is, when you see what someone with none is like.

Agreed. Self-regulation can be really debilitating, but also really important.

That's interesting about what your mom said. I had a really powerful, visceral reaction to this person early on - like a premonition of evil or something - and I ignored it as paranoia. I should really learn to trust my gut more.

I've worked in a lot of psych hospitals and have gotten this feeling before. Scared the shit out of me. There's a person who walks around my block who we think is psychopathic. He smokes alone, takes long walks in the freezing cold, even when it's raining, in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. He takes very steady, slow steps and his musculature is interesting. It seems like he has a lot of muscle on his back. If you accept the mind-body link (and I do) it would make sense to expect correlations between personality characteristics and morphology.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've learned not to pity such asswipes, but it was a process for me. I used to be susceptible to it, now I'm just disgusted by such people and want to douse them in gasoline, light them on fire and shove them down the stairs.

The horrible thing about sociopaths, though, is that often they have some co-dependent mother, girlfriend, or wife who pities (and enables) them. They make sure they're surrounded by a team who will protect them. They're not stupid. They understand the concept of "safety and numbers" and dominate through the manipulation of swinging back and forth between cruelty and guilt-tripping and/or pity partying.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've worked in a lot of psych hospitals and have gotten this feeling before. Scared the shit out of me. There's a person who walks around my block who we think is psychopathic. He smokes alone, takes long walks in the freezing cold, even when it's raining, in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. He takes very steady, slow steps and his musculature is interesting. It seems like he has a lot of muscle on his back. If you accept the mind-body link (and I do) it would make sense to expect correlations between personality characteristics and morphology.
What besides the odd behavior and mannerisms makes his seem sociopathic? What does he say or do to people? He seems numb to himself which makes me curious about it, because some of these inflated self disorders result in the person being highly sensitive to their own needs and numb to others' needs - personal boredom is reason enough to harm someone else.

Sometimes people exhibit opposite body language to what they act out in words and behavior. Some intensively aggressive people have an air of timidity and vice versa.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've learned not to pity such asswipes, but it was a process for me. I used to be susceptible to it, now I'm just disgusted by such people and want to douse them in gasoline, light them on fire and shove them down the stairs.

The horrible thing about sociopaths, though, is that often they have some co-dependent mother, girlfriend, or wife who pities (and enables) them. They make sure they're surrounded by a team who will protect them. They're not stupid. They understand the concept of "safety and numbers" and dominate through the manipulation of swinging back and forth between cruelty and guilt-tripping and/or pity partying.

Shoot the fuckers.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What besides the odd behavior and mannerisms makes his seem sociopathic? What does he say or do to people? He seems numb to himself which makes me curious about it, because some of these inflated self disorders result in the person being highly sensitive to their own needs and numb to others' needs - personal boredom is reason enough to harm someone else.

Sometimes people exhibit opposite body language to what they act out in words and behavior. Some intensively aggressive people have an air of timidity and vice versa.

Bolded part = good observation

I've never actually talked to the guy. It's just a vibe. He seems slightly checked out and slightly ruthless and unpredictable.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Shoot the fuckers.

If only we could. Even if they don't kill they'll hurt others in any other way they can conceive of.

I think my mother's second husband is a sociopath, and I know one of my exes friends was a sociopath. He got worse and worse as he aged, but while very young he was extremely charismatic and attracted a lot of women, and even as he became more and more of a criminal he still attracted a lot of women - just a different type of woman, ones with lower self-esteem, I suppose.

I also think I know...others.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Funny, I can think of many more females I have known who have displayed the behaviors mentioned in those 13 questions. In fact I must be attracted to sociopaths, or all humans suck.. Guess what I am putting my money on?
SO I am confused why they all say he (instead of he/she)..
Typical fear mongering bullshit to feed the feminist agenda.
Did Oprah write this??

Have a nice day :)

Feminist agenda? Sociopaths are generally around 97-98% male. This is a long known fact that goes back further than the Oprah show or second wave feminism.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've known a few, unfortunately. And no, I don't deal with them anymore.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What bothers me is that he keeps coming around to find *me* specifically. This has been going on for years, even if I don't respond or get angry.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Funny, I can think of many more females I have known who have displayed the behaviors mentioned in those 13 questions. In fact I must be attracted to sociopaths, or all humans suck.. Guess what I am putting my money on?
SO I am confused why they all say he (instead of he/she)..
Typical fear mongering bullshit to feed the feminist agenda.
Did Oprah write this??

Have a nice day :)

Oprah is a feminist??? :ohmy:

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i've encountered psychopaths through working in the criminal justice system - i wouldn't call them 'everyday' psychopaths, as they're killers/rapists/predators. frankly, they're broken people with no redeeming qualities and respond poorly to all forms of criminal rehabilitation.

the clinically accepted behavioural manifestations that characterise psychopathy include:
consistent irresponsibility
remorselessness
persistent lying
repetitive offending/cruelty to people and animals since childhood

psychopathy is described by ICD 10 (international classification of diseases) as 'dissocial personality disorders,' which are determined by a disregard for prevailing social norms, persistent irritability and disordered conduct during childhood and adolescence.

interestingly, under australian law psychopathy cannot be put forward as an independent basis for pleading insanity. however, low impulse control associated with antisocial personality disorder may deprive a person of the power to reason with a moderate degree of sense re whether their conduct is wrong. provided there is medical evidence of low impulse control being a symptom of mental disease - a court may return an insanity verdict.

i've read studies that claim around 20 - 25% of the prison population are psychopaths. this is one of the reasons why sending low-level offenders to prison is a really stupid idea - they get to make friends with manipulative psychopaths.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First off, I think the OP is excellent, and highlights a very important topic.

I'd like to offer the link below as additional information that speaks about handling "control freaks", "bullies", etc., all of which are potential traits exhibited by sociopaths.

http://www.tonguefu.com/media/articles/dealing_critic.html

Avoid these people if you can, learn to identify them, and remove all contact with them from your life, as they will only cause you grief and waste your time.

Few people truly understand how much damage one reckless, vindictive person can to in a short amount of time to the average person.

Don't take any crap from these people, but realize that they will always escalate the stakes if you challenge them, and if you are going to deal with them, have evidence (texts, voicemail, video, witnesses of abusive events, etc.) that you can use in a hearing where you can apply for a restraining order or no contact injunction against them, because that is the only thing that has much chance of getting rid of them, besides if they get incarcerated, or of course if they die.

These people do not comprehend consequences, they only respond to positive re-informcement/rewards of them satisfying their urges, which are often selfish and frequently damaging to others.

:solidarity:

-Halla

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't believe that sociopaths/psychopaths are evil, but are rather amoral. They lack both guilt (Fe), and an internal moral compass (Fi). They only have primitive, self-centered survival instincts. Like an animal, but with the intelligence of a human being.

I believe that instead of isolating these people and separating them from society, and leaving them to rot in prison, we should simply create a social role for identified sociopaths and psychopaths that forces them to contribute to society in order to avoid being subjected to something they consider undesirable, and to gain something they consider desirable. Since they're not emotionally similar to other people, they must be dealt with differently. We would need to apply rules to them that would seem extremely harsh, oppressive, and cruel if applied to a normal person, but which are justified in controlling/containing a psychopath.

I believe that we live among many of these people, and that due to their high intelligence, they have a lot to contribute if we can only harness their potential in a constructive way. Naturally, we cannot allow them to be trusted or valued by others, but they could be useful if forced to do tasks that require neither capacity.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Watched Collateral (2004) on Film4 a while ago with Tom Cruise as a psychopathic hitman on the killing spree. He'd used Jamie Fox, a taxi driver, to get him around the city to assassinate potential witnesses of a trial to his employer. He was shot in the end, and throughout the ordeal, at least for the average mind, his behavior came off nothing short of those you ascertain for psychopathy.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
My ex BIL is one. He's the only person I know that I'm confident to give that label to. He's also the main reason why I'm not in the phone book or listed on the electoral roll. I keep hoping that one day he'll OD on something and be gone forever. I have reported him to the police for something he did to me; not enough evidence to take it any further but it does mean that if anyone ever reports him for a similar offence, my statement is there as corroborating evidence.

Edit: I'd say he's a psychopath from nurture, not nature. His whole family is pretty screwed up and not particularly sane (whatever definition of sane you care to use). Nobody ever said no to him growing up. IMO, lack of boundaries from caregivers increases the risk of psychopathy. You don't learn consequences for your own behaviour.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Feminist agenda? Sociopaths are generally around 97-98% male. This is a long known fact that goes back further than the Oprah show or second wave feminism.

Except all of my partners throughout my life, I can assign at least 8-10 of those points to each one.

So I am either attracted to sociopaths OR, we all have sociopath like tendencies..

The Agenda is not in the behaviors listed.. But rather in the Gender specific use of "He" and not He/she...

ONLY if.. the stats are; 100% of all sociopaths are male and 0% of all sociopaths are female, can the "presentation" of this data not have a gender bias.
Therefore a gender bias suggests an opposing agenda against the mentioned gender.