• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

T's and Openness to Others

T

ThatGirl

I actually don't consider Provoker to be the epitome of NT. I think he's one of the ones with issues other than simply being a rational. His behavior on the forum and in vent was manipulative, cruel, and possibly even socially retarded.

Haight, Highlander, CeeCee ....yes. Just rational. I don't want to name any more names though, other than responding to what you said, lest I create drama and we don't want that.

That may be true from your experience, however, he was never TRYING to be T. I can vogue for the fact, that really is just who the guy was. He was consistent in his behavior, and when he wasn't, the logical series of events behind it seemed pretty obvious.

I never said all Ts are liked, only that they can be seen more clearly when they aren't showcasing an image. Provoker really didn't care how he came off, and was more interested in content, than parading a personality, and that is why he was included in the short list.

Lol

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I think the intention of my OP must not be clear. I'm not saying that people are pretending to be Ts when they're really Fs. I'm saying that they might certainly be Ts but they're using it as an excuse to cover up an abundance of psychological, emotional, or social issues in some cases. Some of their traits aren't "just because they're T" it's "just because they need therapy." Something along those lines. People with fear of intimacy, who deeply mistrust others, et al.

T

ThatGirl

No, I understood that.

Nevermind, I am not going to go on a Pro rampage, you get the point.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
We should start a thread on unfulfilled crushes on INTJs and speculate as to whether or not the average INTJ even comprehends that those crushes exist. :wink:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't know if I seem distant/cold. I don't have such a good gauge on that, but if I do I'd say it's self-esteem (I have a hard time believing I'm interesting, which is ironic due to meh type). I try my best not to repeat myself to often. Inferior Si. I don't always come across new information so the combination leaves me rather 'fluffy'. Also I don't have very rigid opinions, and I don't really define myself through opinions. Come to think of it I don't know what I define myself by... Actions I guess, but it's hard to show actions across the internet, hahaha. I'm not good at intiating conversations. I feel too imposing.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh I think the intention of my OP must not be clear. I'm not saying that people are pretending to be Ts when they're really Fs. I'm saying that they might certainly be Ts but they're using it as an excuse to cover up an abundance of psychological, emotional, or social issues in some cases. Some of their traits aren't "just because they're T" it's "just because they need therapy." Something along those lines. People with fear of intimacy, who deeply mistrust others, et al.

Haha, yeah, that's what I thought you were saying. :laugh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm certain that does happen here, particularly with the younger members, but it's not limited to Ts by any stretch. Not all the "interesting" personalities, shall we say, are Ts. :)

You can see the same thing in excessively antisocial Is (though if they're genuinely happy, who really cares).

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Answer, people have different preferences. People are following their heart, but their heart is unique like everybody else.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
being a thinker is NOT an excuse to be unpleasant... being mean to others isn't rational at all, you'll NEVER get your way if you are mean :nono:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
you'll NEVER get your way if you are mean :nono:

This would make for an incredibly ironic and therefore hilarious motivational poster, holographic emoticon included.