• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Career path and fears/conditioning getting in the way of selection? Please help?

wolfy

awsm
hedgehog.jpg

Jim Collins Hedgehog principle is a better way of looking at it. You don't really need a purpose, or a passion, or a whatever you want to call it. You'll never find a job without some shitty aspect to it. But if you find something you like so much that you'll hurt for it, and that is what passion is, then that makes it easier to work long and hard.

An at the end of the day you need to choose. To close off options.

The secret to a successful life is hardly a secret; it requires you to be 

self-centered as all fuck, is all. So long as it’s not at the expense of others, make yourself the center of your universe. You only get to do this ONCE, so try to take as much stress out of the process as you can.

Kevin Smith

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hedgehog.jpg

Jim Collins Hedgehog principle is a better way of looking at it. You don't really need a purpose, or a passion, or a whatever you want to call it. You'll never find a job without some shitty aspect to it. But if you find something you like so much that you'll hurt for it, and that is what passion is, then that makes it easier to work long and hard.
An at the end of the day you need to choose. To close off options.

That's my definition of purpose/passion and stuff is to like it so much I'll hurt for it. But I think I need to work on some underlying fears/insecurities perhaps, in regards to this first before I can even narrow it down o_O. Do you have ideas how I could do that? :) Thanks Wolfy or whoever else responds at a future time :).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
what if you don't get out of bed in the morning?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what if you don't get out of bed in the morning?

I'd just want to know I took each moment and made the best of it :). Lived happily/did the right thing/make sure the people that are near and dear that I love them and stuff. Did what I could with that moment to make a difference perhaps. *;)*

Ahhh haha I see what you did there :hug:. Present moment approach, nice one.

wolfy

awsm
Fears, everybody has them. Decide what you want, what you need to do, and walk in a straight direction. Just live with fear and don't try to resolve it, same with all that, just live with it. Move forward.

I will not fear
Fear is the mindkiller,
Fear is the little death
That brings total Oblivion
I will permit my fear to pass
Over me and through me
And where it has gone
I will turn the inner eye
Nothing will be there
Only I will remain.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'd just want to know I took each moment and made the best of it :). Lived happily/did the right thing/make sure the people that are near and dear that I love them and stuff. Did what I could with that moment to make a difference perhaps. *;)*

Ahhh haha I see what you did there :hug:. Present moment approach, nice one.

No, I meant literally.

Yesterday I didn't get out of bed until 6 PM.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fears, everybody has them. Decide what you want, what you need to do, and walk in a straight direction. Just live with fear and don't try to resolve it, same with all that, just live with it. Move forward.

I will not fear
Fear is the mindkiller,
Fear is the little death
That brings total Oblivion
I will permit my fear to pass
Over me and through me
And where it has gone
I will turn the inner eye
Nothing will be there
Only I will remain.

:hug: thank you. I really appreciate your straightforward approach as well and definitely the quote also :-D.
That quote got me through grief, perhaps it will help here too.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I meant literally.

Yesterday I didn't get out of bed until 6 PM.

:laugh: oh. I'd be like oh crap just missed a whole day of work! and make this face o_O/get worried then call my boss to address the situation.