• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My body is gaslighting me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
We know some facts.

1. You cannot be hurt if you are not swollen/bruised/bleeding.

2. I have never swollen, bruised, or bled.

3. Therefore, I cannot have ever been hurt.

And yet I still experience pain without swelling/bruising/bleeding.

My body is gaslighting me. It's trying to make me crazy. How do I make it stop abusing me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I guess there's one alternate explanation.

I mean even pain that comes from not swelling and bruising and bleeding can make me faint, so swelling and bruising and bleeding must be so insanely painful that I would probably kill myself if that ever happened...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Then again, this is why the therapists hate me, there's nothing to solve. It all makes perfect logical sense, so what can they possibly tell me?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Sounds neurological or psychological.

Gone to a neurologist?

Is this something chronic or just that spontaneously developed recently?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am not in pain right now.

And I'm pretty sure I've never been in pain.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I mean think about it, I've never had so much as a twisted ankle.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You cannot be hurt if you are not swollen/bruised/bleeding.

I disagree :)

My body is gaslighting me. It's trying to make me crazy. How do I make it stop abusing me.

The only way is to not stop advocating for yourself to those who may have the knowledge or ability to help you.

Love that movie so much, by the way.
xJto5.jpg

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So I guess it goes like this.

Every time I might have injured myself, there's a minute or so of pain so intense I'm literally blacking out. However, by the time it fades, I'm not actually injured at all. There's no evidence of injury. There's no swelling, and all pain is gone within about fifteen minutes.

The logical thing to think is that because this actually doesn't result in injury, I'm just such an obscenely wimpy person that if I actually were injured, say, even a sprained ankle, I would be in what I would describe as terribly obscene amounts of pain and probably be in so much pain as to be unresponsive. This is logical, because obviously not being injured hurts less than actually being injured.

Unless I secretly have some kind of neurological disorder that nobody's told me about, I mean seriously.