• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How beautiful do you think you are?

How beautiful / handsome do you think you are?

• NF - above average attractiveness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • NF - average attractiveness

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • NF - below average attractiveness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • SJ - above average attractiveness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SJ - average attractiveness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • SJ - below average attractiveness

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SP - above average attractiveness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • SP - average attractiveness

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • SP - below average attractiveness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NT - above average attractiveness

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • NT - average attractiveness

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • NT - below average attractiveness

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:3 Apparently this wasn't the thread I posted in, so I'll post now.

I voted "Average attractiveness" only because there wasn't a "The mirror told me I was the fairest of them all." option. :laugh:

There are things about myself I notice no matter what I do, or how good the picture takes.

0 being "Are you crazy?! NO!" and 10 being "Huh? I'm sorry, I was too busy changing this attribute, what did you say?"
How much I want to change these: about a 5 or 6..
How much I give a damn about them in terms of how I look to others: 0..

I think I'm pretty good lookin. I forget which thread it was where I said I frequently catch some hot chick in the mirror and wink her way.. but I occasionally get the ".. Omg, you hideous thing, get out of my mirror!" day. :3 It comes with the territory. I think overall, I'm pretty average. The world has some mighty fine lookin' people in it, so I'd like to think I'm on par with most of them.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
As with most it seems some days i feel attractive while others i feel absolutely hideous. Growing up (before i hit high school) i was picked on a lot and felt like the ugly duckling, i don't think that insecurity will ever quite go away.. there always seems to be the little girl inside of me wishing to be pretty. I always defaulted to my intelligence, striving to be the best at everything, and was generally pretty good at it.. told myself i'd rather be smart than pretty...but as with most little girls it was never quite true. Looking back on my pictures from childhood i actually don't understand why i was ever told i was ugly.
I don't really know how to rate my "attractiveness", so i won't bother.. i think i'll just go with - CUTE. Seems to be the predominant physical compliment i get...okay 2nd.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading this thread makes me realize that I just can't seperate beauty and attractiveness in my mind. I can't separate the look from the mind they're attached to. I'm more often swayed by facial expressions, modes of dress, hair styles, and health that indicate a person is someone that I'd like to interact with. I wonder what this means for my own self perception.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the way I look. But I would still call myself below average. I've thought about it pretty methodically; and if I am attractive, it's in a fairly unconventional way.

T

ThatGirl

I'd say I am about a six or seven. Above average because I can clean up pretty well when I want to, and people think I am sexy a lot. Lower score because it varies, so I am not a natural.

I think my intelligence boosts my beauty rating. :p

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'd say average.

I have days when i think i look amazing, others where i don't then the odd day when i don't care either way and i get wolf whistled or called 'foxy lady'.

Meh.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
i think i'll just go with - CUTE. Seems to be the predominant physical compliment i get...okay 2nd.

I remember your picture when you signed up on the forum and posted in the welcome section, cute is average, you're not average. You're quite beautiful : ) , otherwise I wouldn't have remembered the pic.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

I always identified with Echo in this story, I could never get Narcissus' attention...

Thus, i deem that i would be average in the attractive stakes, not ugly, not beautiful, just... average.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think a lot of folks in this thread are saying "average" when they're above average.

I almost never think of anyone as ugly, and usually think most people are fairly attractive, at least.

I never thought of myself as pretty growing up--I figured I was the smart or funny girl, depending on the room, and never expected any attention for my looks. I started getting attention for my looks in my early twenties, and I think I look even better in my thirties...but it's still weird to me that my friends assume I grew up "the pretty girl." I don't think I'll ever really get over the perception I had of myself growing up, but I've learned to accept/trust that others think I'm attractive.

Like Jennifer, my own perception of myself changes depending upon my mood. Some days I think look great and I'll face the world with confidence, and some days, I think all the makeup in the world wouldn't help. :shrug:

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The poll asks for attractiveness. The OP for beautiful.

Are these the same?

Hmm. Attractiveness is what other people feel or think? While what I think, is what I feel?

I am slightly confused.

Yeah, my mistake. I wrote "beautiful," then I realized that guys should be included too, so I changed it to attractive, meaning beautiful for women and handsome for guys. I specifically meant physical beauty, not attractiveness in personality.

I was mainly interested in seeing if the post that said that "most people believe they are more intelligent or handsome than average" would be confirmed by a poll.

It's interesting that more people agreed that they were above average in intelligence, than agreed that they were above average in beauty.

I wonder why that is? Are we shown too many TV images of others as "beautiful"? There really isn't a lot of competition on TV in the "intelligence" category.

revolve

If it were 1963, I'd probably be considered a beauty. Since it's 2010, I'm more likely to be considered definitely average.

I predict that very little good can come from a thread like this.

ha! that is EXACTLY how i feel! ugh i hate it. every year i get uglier - well i stay the same pretty much . . . but the "bar" for the "standard" keeps getting raised (probably due to the media & the prevalence of plastic surgery etc etc)

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
well i stay the same pretty much . . . but the "bar" for the "standard" keeps getting raised (probably due to the media & the prevalence of plastic surgery etc etc)

What happens to beauty when we all look the same...?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, I think perhaps instead of thinking beauty no longer exists perhaps it's that ugliness would disappear.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I look okay. Odd but okay. I've been told I was beautiful...I don't agree.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Admittedly, I did not read this whole thread so I am not sure which direction it is going. "Attractiveness" in American culture is a very intriguing subject to me. I think it's one of the biggest money-making shams out there. The more I study in my classes about Intercultural communication the more convinced of this I become. However, that being said every culture has it's own brand and way of idealizing one specific form of beauty over another in it's society. It was very interesting to see what "fashion" looks like in subcultures in America such as conservative religious communities. What I have discovered though is that Americans, in particular, hold a standard of beauty/handsomeness that is unattainable by a vast majority of men or women. This desire to reach this standard, although most know they will never attain it, will cause people to spend their money. Marketing in America to see how this is done is also fascinating. I know that I have always been greatly affected. We know as women, at least on an intuitive level, that this influence is out there and it's constant barrage can affect you even when you have a strong desire to resist.

The interest in this subject became even stronger as I listened to my ISTP husband talk to my 12 year old ENFP daughter. I heard all of the subtle cues of this often subconscious influence of what is good or bad for American women. I know on a personal level how quickly self-esteem can be lost and once it is lost it difficult if not impossible to regain. This could be due simply to the fact that I am also an NF but the urge to protect her from these types of feelings overtook me. Anyway, to make a long story short (er) I found an excellent documentary America the Beautiful (2007) that shows how powerful this is on the American psyche. Should you be interested it's certainly worth watching! It opened up a very important conversation in my house at least.