• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How beautiful do you think you are?

How beautiful / handsome do you think you are?

• NF - above average attractiveness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • NF - average attractiveness

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • NF - below average attractiveness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • SJ - above average attractiveness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SJ - average attractiveness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • SJ - below average attractiveness

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • SP - above average attractiveness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • SP - average attractiveness

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • SP - below average attractiveness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NT - above average attractiveness

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • NT - average attractiveness

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • NT - below average attractiveness

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Meh... Average. If I put the effort into applying makeup then I feel a bit above average, but without it, I feel average. (And for the most part, I never make the effort unless it's a special occasion)

Ditto this.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Above average attractiveness.

As for the thread's title, my friends said that I'm not beautiful, but handsome. (Back then I've learnt that they don't mean the same thing.)

I've never thought badly about it, since I have the same opinion regarding my appearance.

rav3n

That's a bit tall...

I imagine that would be a midget for a Na'vi though.
What I would give to be a Na'vi with a carbon fibre infrastructure and their own personal banshees for rush hour commuting. Add in spears, bows and arrows, with a learn or die mentality and it sounds like a wonderful lifestyle!

"I see you... and crap, you're tiny!"
:laugh:

Should revise my original post for clarification. It's not that I view myself as unattractive, it's that if people don't find asians attractive, I won't rate. If people don't care about race, then I'm fine. If people prefer the asian look, then I'd do better. It's all so subjective.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll say the same thing I did last time this thread came around: this thread is useless without pics. :D

edit: for me, it varies so much that I guess I'll call it average, although I really only feel "above average" or "below average" depending on the day/lighting/mood.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nah, the forum's gotten too big for that, I'm too paranoid about privacy. But surely not everyone is.

I've posted pics several times in the past but they should all be deleted by now, unless I've missed any. :)

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have mine on my profile already. I don't like to post it on random threads.

Sunny Ghost

i feel as though it is unhealthy to compare oneself to another person, and i often strive not to do this as it leads to jealousy, envy and insecurity.

i personally find myself to be very attractive and am very confident in myself some days... and other days i think i'm hideous and insecure. as i get older, however, i find myself more and more comfortable in my own skin and confident in my own right. if i'm spending my life in this suit, i should learn to love it, right?

also, the original post does make a blurb: are we talking about how others view us on the attractiveness scale or how we view ourselves?

i think a lot of people find me to be attractive. but i don't know if this makes me average or above average, and personally, i don't wish to compare in those terms. i faced enough insecurity as a teenager. however, i've always been told i have an interesting look. i have an interesting mixed and diverse gene pool, i suppose, and have unusual features. but i've been told several times in my life that i should be a model. i was always thin growing up (though thickening some with age...) and tall.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I imagine I'm average. I've been called pretty a lot, I'm not hard on the eyes, but I'm not drop dead gorgeous, either.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Old man Freud once claimed that growing up most girls either identify with beauty or with brain. I grew up thinking "Oh well, at least I´m not stupid" and have always considered myself below average until I reached my twenties. Contact lenses made a big difference as well in my self perception. Today I would say that my body is pretty attractive by most social standards (even though the legs are a bit short), my hair is a desaster and my face is aweful on a bad day and more than okay on a good day (that is with contacts and a little cover on the blemishes). At home I wear simple confortable cloths and glasses, the opposite when I get out to meet people. Sometimes I go out "undone", just to buy some groceries around the corner, and I then usually feel invisible, as if wearing a disguise or an invisibility cloak, not really myself, not in sinc with how I see myself.
When I unexpectedly pass a mirror I always get a little bit tense before looking at it. Will I like what I see or cringe? The chances are 50-50. I´m working on that (the self perception, not the exterior).

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
The invisibility cloak...YES. I've done this periodically throughout my adult life, but never heard it articulated that way. :yes:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Average to slightly below average. Now stick me in with a bunch of 90 year old and watch my attractiveness ratings soar.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really know. When I was in Middle School and High School, I used to hate looking at mirrors, and I also had some sort of social anxiety disorder. I trained myself out of it by forcing myself into looking at a mirror on a daily basis, and for the anxiety convincing myself that people really can't see me past their ego's anyway. I can't say that I eventually saw what I liked in the mirror, mostly I just learned to see a blank.

Sometimes people are surprised when I tell them that I have trouble judging male attractiveness. I assumed most guys couldn't do this well. It makes sense, what kinda guy wants really cares what that other guy looks like? I'm probably just image stunted.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I currently fluctuate between feeling below average and average. After another year of working out, I admit I'd pick the 'above average' option.

I'd consider the absolute basis of a person. For my basis, I find there is a fantastic foundation that just isn't up to par yet. Though I don't want to be cruel in saying it, and do acknowledge there are an abundance of attractive qualities, there are people who just aren't equipped with a good foundation.
This and it having a lot to do with perception. Defining if someone is considered above average attractiveness because they fit the majority mold the best, or because they break it in certain ways. Etc. There are a number of factors. I personally don't feel I fit the mold - or will fit it better when up to par. I more so feel I will be above average in a slightly unique way, which resonates more with me and my own perception. :shrug:

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
i feel as though it is unhealthy to compare oneself to another person, and i often strive not to do this as it leads to jealousy, envy and insecurity.

i personally find myself to be very attractive and am very confident in myself some days... and other days i think i'm hideous and insecure. as i get older, however, i find myself more and more comfortable in my own skin and confident in my own right. if i'm spending my life in this suit, i should learn to love it, right?

also, the original post does make a blurb: are we talking about how others view us on the attractiveness scale or how we view ourselves?

i think a lot of people find me to be attractive. but i don't know if this makes me average or above average, and personally, i don't wish to compare in those terms. i faced enough insecurity as a teenager. however, i've always been told i have an interesting look. i have an interesting mixed and diverse gene pool, i suppose, and have unusual features. but i've been told several times in my life that i should be a model. i was always thin growing up (though thickening some with age...) and tall.

I feel the same way.