• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
This is a spin off the other thread that claims that most people think they are more intelligent, better looking, etc. than the average person.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I test well, this is probably because I'm a J.

I also am good at "big picture" concepts ...that's because I'm an N.

My strongest point has always been creative or MLA format writing and literary/critical analysis, I'm definitely above average in that department.

When I was a cashier I always kept a nice neat till, and my drawer was almost always exactly as it should be. I also take good notes.

I can charm the hell out of people when I apply myself.

My French teacher told me I have an "ear" for language. I know how to cook.

However, I'm not sure what this means about my OVERALL intelligence. I'm pretty darn average in math, science, playing the piano, and drawing. I totally suck at many practical endeavors. I have no fortitude for boring, depressing, aesthetically terrible jobs like working in factories or discount stores. I don't suffer fools gladly. I could definitely use some work in terms of skills with technology and electronics. Please don't ask me to chop your firewood.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have my opinion.
But mostly I let others decide if they find me intelligent or not.

You also can't escape the brilliantly simple logic of Forest Gump.. "Stupid is as stupid does"
In light of that.. I am probably a bit retarded.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I got 140 on an online test while high, a thorough one with lots of questions, which are suppose to be crap, but this one looked decent.

I'm just going to have my fake cake, and not eat it too, by getting a real IQ test.... and embarrassing Einstein, and Jews everywhere, who have the highest average IQs, mine alone would tip the scales. Whoa.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Metrics-wise (tests of various sorts, grades, etc) I know I am above average. However, I also know I am no genius and am aware of who is more (or much more, as the case may be) intelligent in certain areas than I - from an intuitive/aptitude base, at least. I'm not exactly speaking of knowledge/subject-matter expertise, as that's something that can be learned. Although obviously aptitude plays into the ability to be able to learn and excel at certain subjects.

Also I think it should be noted that the majority of people on this forum are above-average in intelligence - so this forum is in no way representative of the general population.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think so, I know it... I can post test results to prove it as well :)

sleepy

I can't blame all the stupid things I don't do and do on my intelligence. I presume it's variable.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I would give myself a 6. I believe that when you ask yourself a question such "how intelligent am I?" you shouldn't take into account the whole population in your ranking, rather you should condition your score to whatever largest set you consider as "intelligent people".

Nicodemus

If the average IQ is 100 +/- 15 or if the average man is averagely intelligent, then I am above average intelligence.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find this thread different than the beauty thread, because intelligence can be quantified and tested... so it's less about subjective measurements.
(I mean, if you score higher than average on a standardized test consistently, then you know you're higher than average.)

Meh.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I did several online tests; One said 121, one 142, one 127 and I forgot the others, but none said under 120. Also, I'm referred to be a "logician", often teacher, friends and my parents say to me that I would easily get the best notes if I wouldn't so extremely lazy etc.

Though I don't really trust any of that, I'm still a scientist, so I have to use the most logical conclusion - I'm quite likely above average intelligence.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
NT - way below average

This world's just way too clever for me and I still dont understand until today how most people are thinking

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVc42aR4aSQ&feature=related"].[/youtube]

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i got around 120 from every iq test i have made since 8th grade(including one bit more formal we did in math class in school, mensa online test and many random online tests).

i made this one test online few years ago that measured other things than just iq. my results were:

non-verbal deduction, processing multiple things at once, inductive reasoning, visual deduction : 15

kinda hard to translate these because test was in finnish, but something like creating meaning to verbal speech, understanding meaning, long term memory, intelligent type of curiosity: 15

memory, something like ability to sort short term memory in thinking process, understanding metaphors, concentration: 14

verbal deduction, forming concepts, understanding meaning of context: 17

using memory in math, understanding symbols as metaphors in math, math sort of deduction: 17

average for these was 10

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to rely on external sources of validation to measure my intelligence because it is important to me to not overestimate. Although, I realize it is supposed to be most psychologically healthy to slightly overestimate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
quod erad demonstrandum or not ?!

When I was young psychological health was something different, but maybe that's how times change :)

KDude

I would give myself a 6. I believe that when you ask yourself a question such "how intelligent am I?" you shouldn't take into account the whole population in your ranking, rather you should condition your score to whatever largest set you consider as "intelligent people".

Yeah, I would do the same (and rank myself as a 6 too). I haven't personally met many people who've blown me away (in fact, I think a few supposedly intelligent people I've met are kind of glib and more ignorant than I am in many ways), but I have some kind of conception of what "high intelligence" means, and I'm in the middle in relation to it.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I consider myself smart. If you where to take my computing skills and only use them as a grade its a little over average. But its because I didnt see the point in learning to multiply etc as a kid. I found it boring to be honest. On the other hand I know calling myself as a genius might be a bit far out.

Considering this is a poll, I find that it lacks a question that the poll takers should answer aswell "If you find out a person is more intelligent/smarter than you, does that affect your pride, positive or negative?"

Personally its positive.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's so cool we're all above average, 18-3. I wonder how the test will end...80 above average- 13 average/below