• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
The only flaw I can see in this poll is that it lacks a category for "simply brillant". Why settle for "above average"?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have gotten widely varied results on IQ tests and I have taken numerous ones. The online ones I've typically scored in the 130-150 range but I suspect there is a bit of score inflation there. Results on official tests were around 125 which is probably more accurate.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
The only flaw I can see in this poll is that it lacks a category for "simply brillant". Why settle for "above average"?

And how about "Too intelligent for your own good"?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I have a hard time with questions such as this. Because, as far as academia goes... I'm the perfect student. I'm good at memorizing things, I can recall facts quickly, I can absorb textbook chapters like a sponge. If you look at my grades and standardized test scores, I am, by academic standards, above average.

However, any time an academic exercise requires one to come up with their own/new idea... Or infer their own ideas from information that has been presented... I'm useless. If you give me poetry or prose and ask me to derive 'deeper meanings' from the text, I can't. I take things very literally and understand them as they are. I also have a hard time understanding people and their motives, as well as their feelings.

Because of that, I truly believe I am the perfect student, but am going to fail miserably as an adult. I wish I could stay in school forever. And I wouldn't dare call myself 'smart'. Book-smart, yes. Smart? No.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah, sorry! I didn't search the entire website before posting! My queen! :worthy:

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
To be honest, I hope I am average, as anything else makes me despair for humanity. Unfortunately, according to most of the people around me, I am above average.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a hard time with questions such as this. Because, as far as academia goes... I'm the perfect student. I'm good at memorizing things, I can recall facts quickly, I can absorb textbook chapters like a sponge. If you look at my grades and standardized test scores, I am, by academic standards, above average.

However, any time an academic exercise requires one to come up with their own/new idea... Or infer their own ideas from information that has been presented... I'm useless. If you give me poetry or prose and ask me to derive 'deeper meanings' from the text, I can't. I take things very literally and understand them as they are. I also have a hard time understanding people and their motives, as well as their feelings.

Because of that, I truly believe I am the perfect student, but am going to fail miserably as an adult. I wish I could stay in school forever. And I wouldn't dare call myself 'smart'. Book-smart, yes. Smart? No.

It's funny, because I am opposite of you - I don't remember exact facts easily*, just the "gist" and significance of information (thank goodness all my history teachers let us use notes on our tests! :D), but I grasp concepts, create new concepts, evaluate meaning, etc, all relatively easily, and I'd call myself book smart also. I do well in an academic environment, but the real world...ehhh...

*Example: I am so bad at remembering numbers that I couldn't tell you my home address. I had to fill out a form recently that called for it, and I realized I did not know where I lived, and my cell phone had died so I couldn't call anyone to ask. It's terribly embarrassing.... I have yet to learn my home phone number either. I have to keep this stuff written on a paper in my purse or in my phone so I can access it when I need to give it to someone :doh:

Last edited:

Peel

Bit new to this whole typology thingy so I hope I'm not being an utter newbie here, but is there a type(s) that's predisposed to be more intelligent? At least within the conventional criteria?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I'm above average if you compare me to the general population but I feel really stupid on this forum. If you compare my IQ vs. IQs of other Typology Central posters, I'd probably be average at best, maybe a little below.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Bit new to this whole typology thingy so I hope I'm not being an utter newbie here, but is there a type(s) that's predisposed to be more intelligent? At least within the conventional criteria?

This feels like a dangerous thing to introduce you to, but yes (sort of). Despite debate, the generalizations/stereotypes say (whether they are valid or not is a matter for an angry thread) INXX's are the most intelligent on average (particularly INT's).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some points, before I answer:

-what is average? IQ of 100? average US citizen? average global citizen? average "non-third-world" citizen?

-TypeC is certainly for the most part more intellegent than the "general population" of say, the US. For the most part people speak in fairly good grammar and spelling (yes, spell check, but still) which is an indicator of education - consider how many people in the US haven't finished high school, let alone haven't gone to college. I'm not sure what the average is for here but I would guess around 115-125 on the IQ scale, and probably closer to 120. (assuming the general population is 100, which is kinda suspect).

I've been in school long enough to have a pretty good sense of where I fall compared to others, how easily concepts are learned and understood etc.

In high school I was easily in the top 10%, I would say 1% or less but I would only be guessing at that point.
In undergrad I was easily in the top....25%, again I would say less but I can't know the intelligence of others very accurately.
In grad school is where I finally! meet people on a daily basis who impress me with their intelligence, and it's the first time I've seriously struggled to understand academic things. It rocks. On a given day/mood I could consider myself well below average (of my peers), average or sometimes above average. I'm definitely above average in some areas and below average in others so....average overall, I guess. Some days I'm noticeably below average/expectations which is...jolting to say the least. I've never had that before (academically of course, I'm below average in many many non-academic areas).

So it really depends on your reference point for what is average.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
monkeys-uncle.jpg

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm so far above average, it's scandalous.

But I can't spell. Achilles' heel...so I seem dumm:doh:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bump.

This threads going to be fun I think