• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't think I would score very high on an IQ test, but I'm not sure I mind. Intelligence doesn't mean a lot to me on its own to me anymore. I used to define myself as intelligent, and try very hard to convince everyone in the room I was smart, but it eventually felt hollow and embarrassing to do so. And as my perspective widened, it seemed to me intelligence was not meant to sit on the throne, but rather to serve it (it's an extremely valuable servant, but a servant nonetheless). Intelligence without a proper aim isn't much use to anyone.

How many know-it-alls have I met in pubs, who only used their intelligence to bore people and talk them under the table? How many people win at trivial pursuit, but lose at life? I have met some brilliant engineers who are basically obnoxious nerd bros. They are capable of advanced spatial reasoning and can build cool stuff, but they seem quite coarse and shallow, by the same token.

I am grateful for the kind of intelligence I do have, even if sometimes I wouldn't mind being able to solve a Rubik's cube in 10 seconds. :newwink:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Its interesting to me that the first several pages of this thread just about everyone says they are above average.... but since I bumped it... most people are claiming differently.

Just interesting. Dont know if its a shift in times or a shift in population but... cool

Mole

Permabanned
Most of us can think of one thing at a time, fewer can think of two things at a time, and even fewer can think of three things at a time, and very few of us can think of four things at a time.

Yet a metaphor consists of four things at a time: A is to B as C is to D.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Most of us can think of one thing at a time, fewer can think of two things at a time, and even fewer can think of three things at a time, and very few of us can think of four things at a time.

Yet a metaphor consists of four things at a time: A is to B as C is to D.

"I have a high regard for metaphor. It is how we come to understand the world" - Iain Mcgilchrist

Mole

Permabanned
"I have a high regard for metaphor. It is how we come to understand the world" - Iain Mcgilchrist

I find it intoxicating to think in metaphor.

However usually I am not understood or I am interpreted literally.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I find it intoxicating to think in metaphor.

However usually I am not understood or I am interpreted literally.

You are often understood. It would just kill you to accept that. So when people do undesstand you just tell them they don’t, you tell them it’s impossible, no one ( except you) is smart enough to grasp these Yet all of these concepts, concepts which he grew tired of hearing pfrom High School “ rebels.”
The only difference is that most if them grew out of such juvenile, selfish, and myopic veiws.

Mole

Permabanned
I find it intoxicating to think in metaphor. However usually I am not understood or I am interpreted literally. You are often understood. It would just kill you to accept that. So when people do undesstand you just tell them they don't, you tell them it's impossible, no one ( except you) is smart enough to grasp these Yet all of these concepts, concepts which he grew tired of hearing pfrom High School " rebels." The only difference is that most if them grew out of such juvenile, selfish, and myopic veiws.

When I came here, it was an ego contest between adolescent males. It has improved since then, but still we have eager adolescent males who come here for an ego challenge.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While below average and average people tend to overestimate their intelligence and abilities, the rub is that above average people are more likely to underestimate their intelligence and abilities.

de studeez by de smart peepuhl told me so

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While below average and average people tend to overestimate their intelligence and abilities, the rub is that above average people are more likely to underestimate their intelligence and abilities.
By this yardstick, then, I would be considered intelligent.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By this yardstick, then, I would be considered intelligent.

In my case, I don't think I'm particularly intelligent or exceptional, so maybe I really am above average, but then thinking I may actually be above average just shows that I'm not, so, it's like a double Dunning-Kruger effect.

Or maybe I'm not intelligent, but just enough so to be painfully aware of my own limitations.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If us talking about IQ then a little above average. I do not think I am a genius or exceptional though. I have areas of great strength and weakness just like most people. IQ misses the multiple intelligences, so benchmarks are a bit tricky. For example i'm probably below average in musical intelligence, average in interpersonal intelligence and above average in verbal- inguistic intelligence...

1013719-53496a22bacc51a47dbfbfecbd01566b.jpg

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok so if this forum has mainly above the general populous IQ results and we are measuring average in terms of this forum. I'm probably average.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm solidly a 1 on a scale from 0 to 1.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Not the sharpest knife in the spoon drawer.