• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More intelligent than I was yesterday at least.
More intelligent, or just more educated/informed, or perhaps a bit wiser?

Amberiat

Infinity
More intelligent, or just more educated/informed, or perhaps a bit wiser?

Can be all of them, intelligence may also refer to knowledge and experience, not only natural ability. But it is said that natural ability can be improved as well if you keep "training" your brain over time, it depends on the context and how each individual defines intelligence.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made a 130 on the stanford-binet when applying to Mensa, which is on par with other IQ tests I’ve taken (I’m talking official tests since I don’t waste my time with online IQ tests), I got a 31 on the ACT and a 2200 on the old ACT, which both put me in the top 5% of scorers in the world, and I graduated with honors when I got my bachelors degree.

This is all while having horrible mood swings and not being aware of my physical surroundings.

rav3n

Can be all of them, intelligence may also refer to knowledge and experience, not only natural ability. But it is said that natural ability can be improved as well if you keep "training" your brain over time, it depends on the context and how each individual defines intelligence.
Are you aware of Cattell's theory of fluid and crystallized intelligence? Everyone uses both but learned knowledge primarily resides on the crystallized side which subsequently can interact with the fluid side.

Mole

Permabanned
I lack street smarts and I am blinded by my idealism. My intelligence extends to abstract thinking, and imaginative entrancement. But still, in spite of it all, I like myself. Feel free to join me.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm very intelligent but it's meaningless. I've turned my intelligence against myself in a failing way, and I'm unsure how to get out of it. If I ever get out of this I'll shut up about the intelligence and I'll start worshipping whatever what got me out of the trouble.

Specifics you ask?

I've set my career goals wrong. I've worshipped intelligence in general and my own intelligence specifically. It's absolutely trash and I could not have been more wrong. I can't make a career out of worshipping my own intelligence. Having tried or wished something like that has made me worse than an idiot. I'm not worse than an idiot anymore, but I'm recovering. I've been in the process of adjusting to workplace demands for some time and it's going pretty well. I'm contradicting myself here: am I gonna recover or not? Well, yes I am. It is contradictory.

I still sometimes feel like a stupid person who's not gonna make it, but then I know that's exactly why I'm not a stupid person and I'm gonna do just fine.

Edit: There may be something in that post where I didn't contradict myself but I assure you it's entirely unintentional. I can't doublecheck everything.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't care about IQ, I prefer to value EQ (emotional package). There are so many kinds of intelligences....

Trying to be always self-conscious is one of them. Don't give a s**t about the norm !

rav3n

Well, Mensa eligibility means being in the 98th percentile, or top 2% of the population. With 6 billion people, that's still 120 million geniuses around :D
Mensa's at 132 and above. Genius is 140 and above.