• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy

T

ThatGirl

I agree with Oaky. If sanity is defined by the commonly held belief, then I am insane.

If defined by logic, I am not.

In terms of imagination, no one ever really knows, since it is neither one category or the other.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nobody's crazy.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel that way sometimes, but I know I'm not. That'd just be wishful thinking on my part, as a way to easily explain away my problems by tucking them all under "I'm just abnormal," so indirectly blaming everyone else for being "normal" and simultaneously satisfying my own ego for retaining my "uniqueness." And I think that I'm able to think of it this way, is indicative of my not-craziness - or what that means to me, anyway.

I'm not crazy - just maladjusted - which is my own fault. :shrug:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Everybody's crazy and those who aren't are the craziest of all.

Lark

I'd say its to do with suffering, are you suffering? Are others suffering as a consequence of your thinking, moods or behaviour? Now, what about the others? Where do they rank in that estimation?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
There was a nice study done which placed sane people in an insane asylum. They were instructed to tell the wardens they were sane and act normally.

At the end of the study everyone was questioned and the wardens were found to be unable to differentiate between the insane and the sane. The sane people couldn't identify the other sane people from the crazy people.

Unsurprisingly the only people who could correctly identify who was sane and who was not were the insane. (have a look at superfreakonomics for that one)