• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the most life wisdom?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Which type is the most wise?

By wise, I don't mean book smart. I mean, the person who makes the best and most mature decisions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJs and INTJs will get into a fight about which one has more life wisdom.

But in the end, it's not about type. That's ridiculous.

Jaguar

cdd9fc02.gif

KDude

Not type related, but interesting enough. I figured INJs would start life early somewhat detached/in their "headspace" a bit. Not to say they wouldn't make up for it or lack wisdom. When I think of "life wisdom" though, I think someone who's out there experiencing a lot.. has homespun wisdom. Like Zorba the Greek. An EP at least.

gromit

likes this
Yes, each person arrives at wisdom differently, but it seems to be typically a combination of experience and reflection.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean old bearded sages?? Those are usually INTP's or INFJ's. I guess this means everyone's final stage evolution is gained by conforming to these types. lol.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to say ENFP, not for any logical reason, just cause its my type and I want to feel special :biggrin:

Yeah, not type related, but it is a nice idea though :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ and INFJs

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Not type related bla bla you're boring...

This is scientifically related to type at the microorganism level. It's either the combined wisdom of an INTP and ESTJ, or just one INFJ.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually I think each type can develop their own sort of wisdom, from the perspective of their own personalities and how they accumalate and process information. So its not a matter of who has more, but a matter of who has what kind.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not type related, but interesting enough. I figured INJs would start life early somewhat detached/in their "headspace" a bit. Not to say they wouldn't make up for it or lack wisdom. When I think of "life wisdom" though, I think someone who's out there experiencing a lot.. has homespun wisdom. Like Zorba the Greek. An EP at least.

Not necessarily. Total stereotype that EPs are going to "experience life" more. My mom is ESFP has definitely experienced life, and she has a kind of wisdom, but no, I don't consider her even close to being the wisest person I know. Life experience is useless if you lack the facilities to reflect upon it properly - of course, there are smarter ESFPs than my mother.

The reason why I said INJs would fight over it is because I think both types are inclined to introspection, and also wanting to be right and in control.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
INF's!!!

Seriously, who else spends hours at a time on a regular basis reading books on inspiration, religion, philosophy, biographies, religion, travel, religion, etc

Sure ENF can talk the good talk, and maybe the SFJ's as well, but when it comes to spending disgusting gobs of time reading books on "wisdom"-related topics, INF's FTW!!!

caveat: reading books on wisdom doesn't necessarily make one wise, but it probably helps. And its gotta help more than going to parties and getting drunk and vomiting all of the time. which is what many of my college peers did. while I read lots of books

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
INF's!!!

Seriously, who else spends hours at a time on a regular basis reading books on inspiration, religion, philosophy, biographies, religion, travel, religion, etc

Sure ENF can talk the good talk, and maybe the SFJ's as well, but when it comes to spending disgusting gobs of time reading books on "wisdom"-related topics, INF's FTW!!!

caveat: reading books on wisdom doesn't necessarily make one wise, but it probably helps. And its gotta help more than going to parties and getting drunk and vomiting all of the time. which is what many of my college peers did. while I read lots of books

life experience + books = life wisdom

I don't think you can get complete wisdom from books.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
im pretty sure all types can share some wisdom of life that even the wisest type didnt understand. -> they have life wisdom from different areas, thus they cant be compared.

Vomiting + books = wisdom

i dont believe going to college is the answer here

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
im pretty sure all types can share some wisdom of life that even the wisest type didnt understand. -> they have life wisdom from different areas, thus they cant be compared.

Certainly. But the question is: Who *likes* analyzing life itself? (I mean surely those who like the activity will tend to excel in it.) I'd wager INTP's.

I'm thinking Ti here. The problem with INTP's is the tendency to ignore the seemingly subjective but important attachments present in humanity. Ni Fe in INFJ's allows this depth.

Introverted Intuitive TiFe's start slow...unlike EP's they lack experience at first...but they evolve into "super bearded men" later on.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Certainly. But the question is: Who *likes* analyzing life itself? (I mean surely those who like the activity will tend to excel in it.) I'd wager INTP's.

I'm thinking Ti here. The problem with INTP's is the tendency to ignore the seemingly subjective but important attachments present in humanity. Ni Fe in INFJ's allows this depth.

Introverted Intuitive TiFe's start slow...unlike EP's they lack experience at first...but they evolve into "super bearded men" later on.

but the problem with intps is that our Fe is weak, so we dont get into definitive conclusions with it, Ti can analyze it from detached point of view, but it doesent mean that it would lead to any definitive conclusions, just possible ways it might be.

i wrote about Fe/Ti but ended up erasing it after i gave it more thought, because there are problems with all Fe/Ti types also. For example Fe doms have Ti as 4th function, this leads in poor logical analysis whats happening around him. Also Ni or Si as main perceiving function can cause problems, Ni users living kinda in their own world, making their conclusions about it all too subjective and Si users stuck in how it has been and poor view of how things will go and possible lack of depth of it all. Entps looking too much into the future and seeing possibilities of how it might be or how it might go, estps living too much in the present moment. Istp having similar problems with estp, but having even lower Fe..

Fi/Te users being too subjective with their F and too much concentration on facts with Te. I think out of Fi/Te users enfps might be on the top about this, but they got their weaknesses too.

thats are just quick analyzing on the surface, so i hope no one gets insulted, because all of these types can come up from their weaknesses and this is exactly why i think none of the types got a upper hand, they just see different things

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"Wisdom comes with winters."

Tho my favourite is: "There's no wisdom without love."