• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the most life wisdom?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Lily, I mean this in the nicest possible way but these threads are ridiculous. "Which type has the most nose hair??"

You can make it more clear that it's not meant to be serious if you put them in the fluff zone. :)

I'm completely serious. I think that some types tend to be foolish and some tend to be wise. If you don't like it, start your own thread.

Sunny Ghost

Lily, I mean this in the nicest possible way but these threads are ridiculous. "Which type has the most nose hair??"

You can make it more clear that it's not meant to be serious if you put them in the fluff zone. :)

well, that's not very nice of you. and adding a smiley doesn't make it any nicer.

i think it's a fair and legitimate question. and i agree with lily that some types are more "prone" to being a bit the wiser. by that i mean, are reflective and will weigh out life, meaning, the universe and their own experience in it. most would agree that typically INTP's, INFP's, INFJ's, etc. are "wise" types. but not always. sometimes they are just book smarts.

however, we're not limited by type when it comes to growing wiser. but, i do agree there are some people who will perhaps be blinded from seeking out wisdom in their own experiences. for some types i think it requires suffering, pain, heart ache, or perhaps an inspirational person entering their life, in order to begin a process towards becoming a wiser and more rounded person.

i'm sure we've all come across the elder whom is bitter and angry, and not the bit wiser than he was in his or her youth. and it is perhaps due to their own experiences that has limited them from the reflection necessary to see a picture beyond their own self. then there are other elders whom are difficult to type, because they've become so well rounded and balanced and wise that's it's purely impossible. and really, i think any type is capable of reaching either road.

I was talking to someone on vent recently and what i said then fits in perfectly here 'We both view a prism, describe what you see?'

Perception is going to give us different answers to a very simple question. And that i believe is the beauty of life .. Life viewed by many eyes.

i like.

also, someone mentioned suffering is required to attain wisdom. do you guys think this is always the case?

whether you believe in reincarnation and karma or not, take this into consideration. humor me, i mean. many that do believe in reincarnation and karma will believe that if you are given an easy path, you will not learn much, and will continue the cycle of not truly learning and not becoming much wiser. if everything in life was given to you, it leaves less room or desire for introspection or reflection. life becomes a cake walk. however, if perhaps you made a mistake in a past life, perhaps in the next life you will be given a life of suffering in some aspect or another. however, in this life of suffering, one can constantly blame or even make more mistakes. but, it's greatly possible, that it is the life of suffering that will become the eye opener one needs. (or third eye opener, depending on what you believe. ;) ) it is often in suffering one begins to reflect, or seek out their place in the universe, or asks the big questions in life.

also, do you guys think wisdom is spiritually connected? or is wisdom separate?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wise to me would mean people that have learned from their mistakes. So someone that reflects enough to do so.

My vote is for Si and Se users just because :p

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I would think ESTJs have the most nose hair. What do you think?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are a lot of different kinds of wisdom, so I can't see it as type related.

Sil

This is a test.
ISTJ. INFJs are many things, but wise is not one of them, in my experience.

What about most likely to be keeping the man bun trend alive?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
ISTJ. INFJs are many things, but wise is not one of them, in my experience.

What about most likely to be keeping the man bun trend alive?
INTPs. I blame them for all regrettable fashion choices.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suffering makes people wise. It has nothing to do with type.
I don't think that suffering alone makes someone wise, its rather how one handles and escapes (or enjoys :D) suffering. You have to live a challenging life to gain experience. Falling into trouble or consciously taking risks and then handling the consequences "the right way" (by learning from them) makes someone wise. Learning from books also gives a kind of wisdom but nothing beats real life experience. The best is the right combination of both coupled with sane realist thinking.

In my opinion gaining wisdom at a "good" or "above average" rate requires a given type to be in the right (challenging enough) environment (for the given type) prepared with the right mindset.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Ins in general are the wisest

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Da wuns whoo l3rnt frum exp3reeants nt jst acumulaton of dem.

Peepell fink dat experunts a1one maks dem wize. Butt it da lurnin dat matturs.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The people who learn the best from life experiences are the wisest. Not age related necessarily or type related at all.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not type-related. I have been told by many people (of various types) that I am a "wise soul" and perceptive and I am just a lowly, brain-dead ENFJ who can't think for themselves... :D ;)