• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the most life wisdom?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It was worded beautifully in the film 2012 where the lama turns to Nima and says .. Like this cup, you are full of opinions and speculations. To see the light of wisdom... you first must empty your cup.

Need i say more :)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
This is addressed to whomever may read this:
You.
Your wisdom is not my wisdom.
Your experiences are not my experiences.
I learn from you.
It doesn't matter if you're young or old or rich or poor. You could have any personality type.
You will teach me something that I didn't know if I hadn't come into contact with you.
Thank you for sharing that with me.
You are more wise than you realize.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
but the problem with intps is that our Fe is weak, so we dont get into definitive conclusions with it, Ti can analyze it from detached point of view, but it doesent mean that it would lead to any definitive conclusions, just possible ways it might be.

i wrote about Fe/Ti but ended up erasing it after i gave it more thought, because there are problems with all Fe/Ti types also. For example Fe doms have Ti as 4th function, this leads in poor logical analysis whats happening around him. Also Ni or Si as main perceiving function can cause problems, Ni users living kinda in their own world, making their conclusions about it all too subjective and Si users stuck in how it has been and poor view of how things will go and possible lack of depth of it all. Entps looking too much into the future and seeing possibilities of how it might be or how it might go, estps living too much in the present moment. Istp having similar problems with estp, but having even lower Fe..

Fi/Te users being too subjective with their F and too much concentration on facts with Te. I think out of Fi/Te users enfps might be on the top about this, but they got their weaknesses too.

thats are just quick analyzing on the surface, so i hope no one gets insulted, because all of these types can come up from their weaknesses and this is exactly why i think none of the types got a upper hand, they just see different things

Lets work with E/I first. Which do you think contributes to wisdom more?

The extrovert that often has the experience? Or the reflective introvert?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lets work with E/I first. Which do you think contributes to wisdom more?

The extrovert that often has the experience? Or the reflective introvert?

i dont think its that much about i or e, i bet its more about overall function order. but if we look at e vs i only, both have their advantages. also for example entp with low e(high Ti) would have advantage over intp with high i(low Ne), but intp with high e would have an advantage over entp with high e(low Ti). this being said, its not so much about i vs e, so now it comes down more into tert Si vs Fe, and that i already explained.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i dont think its that much about i or e, i bet its more about overall function order. but if we look at e vs i only, both have their advantages. also for example entp with low e(high Ti) would have advantage over intp with high i(low Ne), but intp with high e would have an advantage over entp with high e(low Ti). this being said, its not so much about i vs e, so now it comes down more into tert Si vs Fe, and that i already explained.

What do you mean by "advantage"?

You mention Si vs. Fe but I suggest we simplify by using common dichotomies first, then after, we look at it function-wise(the specific).

You mention Si. S or N. Which do you think is more wise? And if you believe in equal widsom, what equalizes their "wisdom"?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you mean by "advantage"?

You mention Si vs. Fe but I suggest we simplify by using common dichotomies first, then after, we look at it function-wise(the specific).

You mention Si. S or N. Which do you think is more wise? And if you believe in equal widsom, what equalizes their "wisdom"?

things like this equalize their wisdom "The extrovert that often has the experience? Or the reflective introvert?". or more like gives advantage but also disadvantage to every type to different areas in life, making them just different since they are offering something on one area and makes them bad on the others. because of this factor i think its useless to get into more depth with this thing, or more than i already did. also looking at types from i/e, n/s, t/f or j/p point of view is pretty useless because those are created by function order. for example its impossible to say anything about t/f because some ifj types have tert Ti that they are usually pretty good at, good enough for many areas in life and etp types have tert Fe..
i gave a thought for entps dom Ne, i just didnt feel like writing a book about its impacts and since high e intp can be as much into new experiences as entp with low e, talking about i/e as the factor for experiencing things or introspecting is useless. not to mention while the entp might experience more, he might not get as much life wisdom from his experiences if he lacks the introspection of intp, who might experience less, but get more out of his experiences.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It was worded beautifully in the film 2012 where the lama turns to Nima and says .. Like this cup, you are full of opinions and speculations. To see the light of wisdom... you first must empty your cup.

Need i say more :)

It's intresting, if you look at some quotes regarding wisdom, you'ld find some saying that wisdom can only be achieved by those who have a lot of opinions and some quotes who say the exact opposite. I think the nice thing regarding wisdom is that it is unless like for example intelligence prone to a very subjective definition. One may say now it's inaccurate if you dont nail it down to one definition only and it bugs me too a bit, but maybe it's even wisdom if one can understand that at some point in life. Life's so versatile and colorful, would be kind of foolish of me to assume there's only one kind of wisdom, wouldnt it ?

are you trying to mock people who live in countries with no real winter?

Do you think that would be unwise with respect to my own health ? :D

things like this equalize their wisdom "The extrovert that often has the experience? Or the reflective introvert?". or more like gives advantage but also disadvantage to every type to different areas in life, making them just different since they are offering something on one area and makes them bad on the others. because of this factor i think its useless to get into more depth with this thing, or more than i already did. also looking at types from i/e, n/s, t/f or j/p point of view is pretty useless because those are created by function order. for example its impossible to say anything about t/f because some ifj types have tert Ti that they are usually pretty good at, good enough for many areas in life and etp types have tert Fe..
i gave a thought for entps dom Ne, i just didnt feel like writing a book about its impacts and since high e intp can be as much into new experiences as entp with low e, talking about i/e as the factor for experiencing things or introspecting is useless. not to mention while the entp might experience more, he might not get as much life wisdom from his experiences if he lacks the introspection of intp, who might experience less, but get more out of his experiences.

I agree with your opinion on this and I think too, like you said that this can be expanded on all types. I've often encountered in my life the problem that some people seem to amass a huge amount of knowledge, they for example read somewhere or studied and I think of this to be a good thing, until said people behave like they should be respected as wise due to amassed knowledge. I've personally read as equally as much but my brain is very hesitant when it comes to saving information. I often have the impression of myself that I am dumb, when I am in the vicinity of such people, because I either cant remember jack or I really read about the thing they are talking about once too, but I cant remember.

So what I want to say is that I believe wisdom means if you are able to see a situation from the different PoVs involved. This not necessarily an intuitive quality, on the contrary: there's a seasoned woman in my company, I'ld type ESTJ and she has not only life experience and life wisdom, no she interpreted the experience for herself aswell and now has such a well-formed opinion it's a pleasure and huge personal help if you talk to her. I've often met people like that in life, they are rare but there are more than one might imagine.

So I am not saying one needs to have a faulty brain to become wise, on the contrary I think that is still a great hinderance for becoming wise. What I mean is what you said, one needs to reflect on the things experienced and interprete them from the PoV of the standpoints involved. That is one of the highest arts that is out there and still sometimes it's more wise to dont do it :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's intresting, if you look at some quotes regarding wisdom, you'ld find some saying that wisdom can only be achieved by those who have a lot of opinions and some quotes who say the exact opposite. I think the nice thing regarding wisdom is that it is unless like for example intelligence prone to a very subjective definition. One may say now it's inaccurate if you dont nail it down to one definition only and it bugs me too a bit, but maybe it's even wisdom if one can understand that at some point in life. Life's so versatile and colorful, would be kind of foolish of me to assume there's only one kind of wisdom, wouldnt it ?

I was talking to someone on vent recently and what i said then fits in perfectly here 'We both view a prism, describe what you see?'

Perception is going to give us different answers to a very simple question. And that i believe is the beauty of life .. Life viewed by many eyes.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perception is going to give us different answers to a very simple question. And that i believe is the beauty of life .. Life viewed by many eyes.

Well then, if perception is wisdom, who likes to view more perceptions? Ni-doms perhaps?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I think when it comes to wisdom, 'Life Wisdom' isn't necessarily something you can type, it is simply a collection of experiences and the subjects' ability to learn and gain knowledge from them. I would not have thought a person's type would correlate so much with how much wisdom they can glean from their own past, from others and life around them.

Wisdom in the terms of book knowledge is i would think is a more measureable field than life in MBTI.

IMHO anyway.

I could be wrong =)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJs and INFJs

Wait. Did I already say that? It is obviously correct

Edit: Maybe because they are smart in ways I am stupid

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Imo, for "life wisdom" you need at least these three things:
1. You have to be open for any input AND conclusion (or you will constantly be a victim of ignorance and/or cognitive dissonance)
2. You should let yourself have the time to evaluate what you experienced, but also, you have to experience as much as possible
3. Never let feelings overwhelm your decision, but also never ignore them completely(to be honest, that's the point I personally have issues with)

Oh, and a very ... superficial thing: You have to be somewhat-intelligent & have a somewhat-decent memory. There are surely more points, but that are the ones that came to my mind.

As you see, it's important that you have a balanced personality.

It's not necessary that you match this all the time - In fact, the people with the most "life wisdom" are often the ones who did many stupid things when they were younger.

"Wisdom comes with winters."

In my head, it's always winter. Jay!

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
What is wisdom anyway?
Who can say if one is wise or not?
If all people were the same, yes we could say...look that guy is wiser, because we would all aspire to the same thing.
But we're not the same, we aspire to all kinds of crazy shit.

I do believe that introspection is required for wisdom, also ..no/few cognitive errors. For instance, a person who generalizes cannot be wise, because his view on things is flawed.

Not all people aspire to wisdom, from what I've seen, most people aspire to comfort. But wisdom can be comforting too.

For me the wise oak is the INTP.
Why?
Because INTPs have similar values like ENTPs.

But in the end wisdom is mostly not type related.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I heard a good one lately:

There are two male bulls standing on a hill and looking over a herd of female cows. Says the young bull: "let's run down the hill and have us a cow !" Says the old bull: "Nah, we'll walk down the hill and have them all." :D

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think that some types start out wise, making good choices for their life.

Other types make a lot of mistakes and then develop wisdom as they age.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lily, I mean this in the nicest possible way but these threads are ridiculous. "Which type has the most nose hair??"

You can make it more clear that it's not meant to be serious if you put them in the fluff zone. :)