• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Man Acquired Musical Talent From Brain Trauma

E

Epiphany

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lenoD-cZOU"]Man Becomes Musical Savant Following Concussion [/YOUTUBE]

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe if we hit him on the head again he will be able to solve the government's economic deficit.

KDude

Kind of hard to believe. There are things at play with music that are dexterous just as much as cerebral. It's interesting that he acquired multiple talents at once, with just one hit. As if that spot in his brain covered one entire territory. As a musician, that's just my perspective. I see multiple skillsets at play when I do it. Not one. I find that my mind has more to offer in the musical department, but my hands can't always do it.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In the video I posted here, Drs. Eric Kandel and Oliver Sacks, both neuroscientists, mention this phenomenon.

O

Oberon

Maybe if we hit him on the head again he will be able to solve the government's economic deficit.

That doesn't require brilliance... all it requires is someone with the balls to cut government spending and/or increase government revenue until income exceeds expenses. This has been known since Henry VIII of England created the Office of the Exchecquer.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I read a story awhile ago about a guy with OCD (I think it was handwashing) and got fed up with it. Out of frustration he decided to end his life and shot himself in the head. He survived the shooting and no longer had issues with OCD. Guess there's just no telling how things will end!