• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how the hell do you focus?

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
While I was doing my Masters, I would spend the morning at the gym, and all of the afternoon working.

Do not underestimate:

1. telling yourself, in a genuine fashion, that you are now going to work without distraction
  2. telling yourself you are going to read 50 pages or for one hour solidly before taking a break (this can be adapted to other tasks)
  3. recognising that your mind has strayed and you are that you are thinking of something else, identifying what it is you are thinking of, writing that thought down for analysis later on, and then returning to your work

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I know what you feel, as of this monday it's been confirmed I have ADD. The only times when I can focus, is when I'm afraid. So I practically have to put a gun against my head if I want to get to work. I just don't have a gun, so I have to wait for medication.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're an ass, and if i ever meet you I will kill you.

But that would entail actually getting up out of your chair.

Need advice on how to summon yourself to do that?

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know what you feel, as of this monday it's been confirmed I have ADD. The only times when I can focus, is when I'm afraid. So I practically have to put a gun against my head if I want to get to work. I just don't have a gun, so I have to wait for medication.

Ugh - I feel your pain. Good luck with the meds and remember to be patient - it can sometimes take awhile to find the right combination of medication and dosage.