• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you drink?

How much do you drink?

• Never booze is the Devil.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Once in a great while, if someone forces me to.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Socially, at parties, but that's it.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I drink most every chance I get.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Somone pass the Johnny Walker.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I'm too drunk to answer this right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
He was not deployed into army convoy operations, but has been deployed multiple times over the years, as well as recently, to places where he has been shot at by enemy fire. (I'm on your side.....just sent a care package to a marine that one of my classes adopted while he is in Iraq as he has no family that supports him). :hug:

But back to the topic, I think some of the figures might be due to age more than anything else.

Yes, I feel your sympathy, I do not want to turn this into a political debate. I agree, however, that alcohol use can be attributed to age. Younger individuals can be more inclined to use alcohol as a coping mechanism, but in the same sense differed by popular culture.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beer and wine both taste awful.
There are some nice liquors, though. I had some peach brandy once and it was delicious. I've also had stuff like hard lemonade(which is really low proof anyway) and it was okay.

Never the less, it's been years since I've had even a sip of alcohol, and I've never been so much as tipsy. I think that's the important thing.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Warning: this might be the worst piece of advice you will ever receive.

I happen to have a very strong opinion on alcohol. If your alcohol consumption is not detrimental to your health and wellbeing, or that of your family and friends than drain that glass dry! However, if it is having a detrimental impact on your life get help ASAP. From my friends experiences I know that alcohol can cause people to lose control of their lives extremely quickly.

This assumes that you can realize that alcohol (or anything else, for that matter) is truly a contributing cause to problems in your life, and not simply just an unrelated part of your existence (especially when it comes to considering alcohol as a coping mechanism - many folks run into problems in just that way, I think). Self-examination isn't always that easy - and it's often simple to come to the wrong conclusion, especially in this circumstance (so I've been told).

Having said that, I'm not a drinker, never have been (as in, not a sip, even once). So take the above as no more than educated hearsay, and certainly not personal experience.

As for my reasoning? When growing up, I was never around anyone who drank alcohol. At all, to the point that it struck me as odd seeing people with a beer in a restaurant. Not a religious thing (although it was for most of my friends and most of the community in which I grew up). I just wasn't around it, so I never picked it up. From the time I went to college through today, I've pretty much always been surrounded with friends who drink (I'm pretty much a unique non-drinker in my circles today), and even most of my family drinks alcohol these days, but it's just not my thing. It's been awkward once or twice (and possibly socially restrictive), but for the most part it's not been a big deal.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If there was a choice between the "Socially" option and the "Most every chance I get option" I'd probably pick that one. Since there is not however, I picked the "Socially" option.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
With the beat on that one. Because I drink when I'm with friends, but usually when we hang out, there's a bottle of wine/beers anyway.

It is more of an unwinding after a long day/week at work. Don't go for drinking alone, as it is the company that matters more to me, and the drinks are more of a relaxant as such, no longer the escape. Don't get into that stage of being unable to see myself home or blabbing my lifestory out to strangers though. (There's the forum for that).

10 years past the age of hard partying and liver murder, hugging toilet bowls and such like. ;)

Keep safe, MetalWounds.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
No option really fits.

While I do drink socially. I go through phases at home, where I'll drink every night, then I won't touch it again for weeks/months at a time.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I enjoy drinking. My college days of being stinkin' drunk are over, but I like the taste, and I like feeling buzzed. In a week I'll probably go through two bottles of wine (usually with dinner and usually Two Buck Chuck unless I have a guest) and maybe a few glasses of whiskey or some beers on the weekend. Maybe once every month or two I'll have a bar night out with friends and get a little drunker and sillier.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I don't drink much these days, but that said I used to use alcohol to self-medicate myself when I was in the equivalent of high school, otherwise I would have a panic attack.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The second option: I don't drink very often at all. I rarely even drink at parties, because I'm definitely able to get crazy without the help of alcohol. I'm a lightweight and really prone to hangovers, and it's not just that big of a deal to me.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
The second option: I don't drink very often at all. I rarely even drink at parties, because I'm definitely able to get crazy without the help of alcohol. I'm a lightweight and really prone to hangovers, and it's not just that big of a deal to me.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your avatar is awesome!!! Just like Wandering, your avatar looks almost exactly like my cat.

In response to your post, I have started to drink less at parties to save myself from any undue enbarassment. And hangovers suck. Especially the of so pleasant headaches.

lastrailway

Several times during 2002 (maybe 5 or 10) and one time in 2007.
I am not voting, however, cause I've never been forced to drink.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Several times during 2002 (maybe 5 or 10) and one time in 2007.
I am not voting, however, cause I've never been forced to drink.

wait what? what does forcing have anything to do with this poll? I've never been forced, it's not like some held me down and pour alcohol down my throat. And then was like "You lie their bitch! I don't give a fuck if the rooms spinning!! if you throw up on me I swear to god you're going to get it!" It has neever happened. at least not my knowledge. No it's never happened.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
wait what? what does forcing have anything to do with this poll? I've never been forced, it's not like some held me down and pour alcohol down my throat. And then was like "You lie their bitch! I don't give a fuck if the rooms spinning!! if you throw up on me I swear to god you're going to get it!" It has neever happened. at least not my knowledge. No it's never happened.

(Hear's car screeching to a halt) Wait what, is right. Who's being forced? If anything I force people to pour alcohol down my throat. :D

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear Sir or Madam,

Your avatar is awesome!!! Just like Wandering, your avatar looks almost exactly like my cat.

In response to your post, I have started to drink less at parties to save myself from any undue enbarassment. And hangovers suck. Especially the of so pleasant headaches.

Thanks for the compliments about my avatar :) It's not my cat; I found it on the internets. It made me smile too.

And, yeah, the headaches are the worst. Drinking is fun sometimes but it's not worth it.

(Oh, and I am a female. One of, like, five ESTJ females ever, I think.)

lastrailway

Poll:
How much do you drink?
  • Never booze is the Devil.
  • Once in a great while, if someone forces me to.
  • Socially, at parties, but that's it.
  • I drink most every chance I get.
  • Somone pass the Johnny Walker.
  • I'm too drunk to answer this right now.

And, in all cases, the explanation on why I didn't vote was not the most serious part of my answer :tongue10: .

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I really don't think that's to be taken literally, which reminds me I still need to vote.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Thanks for the compliments about my avatar :) It's not my cat; I found it on the internets. It made me smile too.

And, yeah, the headaches are the worst. Drinking is fun sometimes but it's not worth it.

(Oh, and I am a female. One of, like, five ESTJ females ever, I think.)

Probably, but tough women are cool. And, for what it's worth I found my avatar of the Internet also.

As for the drinking, I agree. I drink a my fair share of booze but no longer do I drink to the point where I hate myself the next day.