• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you fear the most?

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
My biggest fear is for the health and well being of my loved ones. Along with that I like to be in control of whatever affects me, so loss of control over my life and self is big. I do not normally even worry about these things, but if I did those would be what would cause concern for me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
getting trapped in a dead end job and married to someone I don't really love :cry:

also loss of freedom in any way

other worst fears I think I've already experienced :sad:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Being abandoned by the person I care about most because I failed/made a mistake. Which is why I often feel like it's not okay to be human (as in...not okay to make mistakes and let life get messy)...because humans do stupid things that get themselves hurt. And I don't want to be hurt....but I'm still human because I make mistakes anyway...I just have a hard time accepting that such things are allowed.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
What do you fear the most?

I suddenly realized that the thing that I fear the most (after all of those deathly fears of the children dying etc.) is that I lose my freedom to choose. So I'm control freak about my freedom. I hate if somebody tries to decide on behalf of me of my business. I hate if somebody tries to restrict me and my freedom.

I put this in the blurb I just filled out.

My greatest fear is people. I find them to be the most dangerous thing on the planet... including its other creatures. In your example, you're refering to "somebody" taking your freedom from you... so that's what I mean.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Dieing alone and/or with out haveing made my mark in this world and being immortalised for it...

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Something that ends up damaging my loved ones in a way I cannot personally solve/fix (like a car accident, fatal illness, etc.) or being betrayed/abandoned by my loved ones for something I have no control of or cannot change about myself. I guess the common theme here is not having control.

Vivid

MBTI Type
ISTJ
More than anything else, I'm afraid of undead things looking at me. I choose that because it's something that terrifies me almost every day.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Losing my health and staying perpetually poor.

Curiously, those things I worry most are among my main values as per one test, which are health, adventure and wealth ;)

I wondered why I won't be afraid of losing adventure, then.. but .. actually I do, too.

I've been asked why I don't just get a bad job, but I insist of getting a good one.

The answer: I'm afraid I might get so bored in a bad job that I'd lose my inspiration, and be stuck in a rut, unable to exert myself to improve my conditions. A bad job is such that isn't interesting, doesn't provide opportunities for change and doesn't support an interesting lifestyle.

I've actually thought about this as a fear, and deducted that it IS a legitimate reason of fear for me.

So, my fears correspond exactly to losing the things I value.

zhandao

MBTI Type
xxxx
My overriding phobia is failure. Failure to be as "great" as I want to be, in the big picture, but what happens is that every little failure perturbs me.

mooky

My biggest fear…………something happening to the kids. It used to be that one of them would get terminally ill, and I’d have to watch them suffer.
But I found out about a little boy who was murdered in the UK and have been having nightmares ever since. That’s my worst fear now.

I don’t want to die; this is a new thing for me, its never worried me before. But since I’ve had kids I am worrying about.
However, if I look at it closely the thing that worries me most is not being here for my children should they need me.
Having said that, I had complications with my second pregnancy and there was a real chance I could lose her and die myself………….this didn’t worry me. I told the other half that should the need arise, they were to do EVERYTHING they could to save the baby, if that meant cutting me open with out anaesthetic and leaving me to bleed to death, then that’s what they should do. Sounds dramatic, but I would die happy knowing that my baby had survived, heck I’d have died happy knowing that they had tried their hardest to save her.

Pain doesn’t worry me, I’d take everything they did to that murdered little boy and more to save one of mine going through it, tbh I’d probably have taken it to save him it, even though he wasn’t mine.
I think about the little boy often, it probably doesn’t help that I have a boy the same age. But (had I been his mother) if its possible to die of a broken heart I’d have died as they told what had been done to him, and if I didn’t die then I would have shortly after. The thought that my child had gone through that and that I hadn’t been there, to protect & comfort, heck just to help end his suffering if that’s all I could do, fills me with dread.

When you have kids everything pales into insignificance, because nothing is as important as protecting, providing and letting them know they are loved. So now I live a life full of fear, from the big things, like the state of the world, world war, to them being kidnapped and murdered to the thought that when they grow up they might not know that I love them and would do anything for them. I even worry about the little things, whether someone will be mean to them at school, or their favourite toy might get broken.

Sum it up in a sentence………My worst fear is failing my children.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fear no longer being able to create.

I also fear isolation. I fear being a bother or an annoyance to someone I value most.

I also fear dying a really stupid death.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got a new one... eeeww... Porceline... *shudders*

Anyone who has played the Monkey Island games will understand me :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More than anything else, I'm afraid of undead things looking at me. I choose that because it's something that terrifies me almost every day.

Honestly, they don't see you: They only see what they want to see.

I fear getting stupid.

I fear having people look at me as if I'm a bad person.

I fear not being able to take care of myself.

I fear never making a real connection with another human being.

I fear wasting my life because I was afraid.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I fear never becoming what I believe I could, because I'll just sit around and think it to death.

I fear never being able to be who I truly am--I fear that I'll always be misunderstood by most people I know.

I fear never finding a mindmate/soulmate.

I fear that whatever it is, I'm doing it wrong.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Dieing alone and unaccomplished.

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dying. Just dying, whether alone or surrounded by many loved ones. That's why the main goal i have in my life is to stay alive long enough for when we will develop ways to radically extend our lives; and anyone who is aware of the rapid and accelerating rate of technological advancements we're having will realize that it's far from an impossible goal.